28 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2014 11:57 AM by slayer0fg0d RSS

Camping, camping and more camping

unclefrank666

What is it with the players on this game all it seems to be is just sit in a feckin corner and wait, using target finder, silencer it's starting to get a little samey every game is becoming like the last one and like the last one.

I just don't think i can carry on playing this game anymore it really is the worst of the CoD series so far, just terrible, the maps are a failure in design. I am really pissed off about this game because CoD is really the only game i play on-line and i think this is it, no more great games on-line no more meeting up with friends to play it's just all gone, the fun the enjoyment, everything.

• Re: Camping, camping and more camping

well if you cant deal campers then maybes you should give up playing treyarch have give us plenty of stuff to help deal with campers try using some of it

I play HC KC.  Seems to have the least campers of all the game modes for me.

Restore_Hardcore

You just suck, suck and really suck. I'm so sick and tired of you crybabies who can't deal with the fact that you die in this game. The object is to kill, if you are getting owned by people who are actually cautious and don't make themselves easy targets then you need to re-think your strategy or quit playing. Sorry for being so blunt and rude but come on man, enough already!!

CowboySr

Cry baby camping thread number 1343.  Nobody mentions K/D except those with a complex about their own. The fact is some people like to play the game like dying is a bad thing, like in real war, cause they want to win. Thens theres the 20-20 guys who think theyre good cause they have the highest score, and dont realize they gave 20 kills to the other team making what they did irrelevant.

Sick of these cry baby threads

Izjar11

CAMPING, CAMPING AND MORE CAMPING

All I read is:

Whinnying, whinnying and MORE Whinnying!

The problem is not camping. Campers are intelligent / strategic players. That can be out played if you adapt your game.

The problem is the Target Finder.

It seems like it has increased auto-aim and decreased recoil. Has this been tested ?

I have not yet found a reliable counter to the TF. And don't say Cold-Blooded because the red boxes seem to be the weakest of the TFs tricks.

TF doesnt Aim for you, it also doesnt shoot your gun for you, it just high lights enemies, in which it was designed to do..

cold blood makes it like an acog if you use it, that is the counter

( emp works as well, not against me with the TF, but others it will work)

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Why would I move when there's 2-3 players on the other team who keeps coming back and can't figure out how to beat me? I have no problem killing them, it's them who have a problem killing me. Answer me, mate. Why would I move when they're sacrificing themselves in vain?

I had a game of TDM yesterday that ended with a final score of 56-45. Players on both teams were held up behind shock charges and bouncing betties. I felt like I was the only one running around. I had the most kills (18) where as hardly anyone else had 10. It was quite possibly the most boring experience I've ever had in a game of TDM. I just kept flanking and throwing EMPs. I don't have a problem with campers really. I just have a problem when everyone on both teams play so defensively as if they are going to die in real life. It's a problem to me when the game is so slow paced. I mean 56 really? 19 kills from getting to 75. I felt if I wasn't the only one forcing some action it could have been even worse. That, to me completely ruins the experience. You can play how you want but when that leads to teams not even reaching the max score I find it completely ridiculous.

CowboySr

How often does that happen? Almost never. I actually enjoy rare games like that. Theyre more realistic to how war really is. You cant go running around stupid the whole match, you have to aim with your gun.  

Its like that in paintball too. Cause dying(getting hit) means something-youre out.  Whos to say whats fun for one person needs to be fun for everyone? You know whats not fun? Run die run die run die or  Im sniping and my entire team is going horribly negative and running around forcing the opposite team to spawn 4 feet behind me when I was doing well.

Restore_Hardcore

Some people just don't get the point of winning with tactics. This game is easy shooting the chickens, the challenge comes when you have to flush the other team out.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm on the opposite of you. Fun to me is if everyone is out moving around the map. I had at least 2 matches yesterday where we spawn and I immediately hear shock charges and bouncing betties being put out. My team was camping 10 feet from the spawn. How fun is that? I just don't find it fun to sit and wait. I have to force action. I see it as a game so I don't care if it matches realistic war. COD is more of an arcade shooter anyway. If you want more realism try battlefield 3. I want fast paced action not people stationary not moving.

but see really it doesnt matter .. you seem to hate campers im guessing, it doesnt matter how you play the game.. people get mad if you camp, but then if you switch your class and run and gun, then you're camping, or your modded, or you're a hacker..

this is why i dont understand how it matters. because anyway I play, if i kill a player its never legit, so players should be less concerned about how another player is playing or what perks or attachments they are using and play the game..

Oh joy another camping thread. If you can't deal with a camper I don't want you on the game :)

Crying, crying and more crying.    The only people who cry about campers are those not bright enough to figure out how to counter them.  One only needs to be as smart as the controller they are holding to figure out how to counter them. 

It takes me about 1 time being caught by a camper to figure out where they are at.   And it is funny when I hold down a position some of the people will come back time after time doing nothing different.   Umm if you are going to feed me free kills by all means go right ahead.    But some are smarter than that.  They come at you different or try something different. 

So instead of crying why don't you either try to figure them out or set down the controller.

only ***** camps all that means they suck and they have no skill

only ***** camps all that means they suck and they have no skill

Cammo909

Now, I don't know about you guys... But Grenades have worked pretty well for me so far.

iH8boosters

Obviously an old post, but it is funny to see that things never change.. People complain about campers, people complain about people complaining about campers.. Oh the irony.. In my opinion, people just have a different view of the term "camper.".. To me, a camper is someone who sits in a dark corner irrelevant to the flow of the map/game and never moves while he or she waits to get a kill.. Often using shock charges/betties/claymores to watch their backside.. Or maybe one of those people who hide behind their riot shield with an 870 setting out claymores and trophy systems.. Those are campers, to me.. People who "hold down an area" in an objective game mode, or lock down a main choke point aren't camping.. They are using a strategy to give their team map control.. If you have a UAV, a VSAT, get a call out, hear enemy footsteps or gunfire, and you stop to set up to give yourself an advantage to get the kill, it isn't camping.. It's taking advantage of a situation.. This is where the people will scream "camper!!" They want you to run as fast as you can toward them so they can hit their scuf button and jump and shoot you and you die.. They don't understand the strategy aspect of the game.. That's why they cry camper..

Example of people who "cry camper":

I was playing Kill Confirmed.. It was a pretty good lobby that stayed intact for several matches in-a-row.. The first several games, each team had 3 guys who just ran crazy the whole game, while the others played a little more strategically, while still moving around.. It was a lot of fun.. Then, we played on Raid.. The teams swapped and most of the run around as fast as they could kids were all on the same team.. And I'm not one of those people who calls everyone they play against "kid.".. They had their mics on and were kids.. Just to clear that up.. I wasn't using a mic.. Just enjoying the game.. I moved around the map and had a great game by my standards.. The whole game, when I killed someone, I would hear them yell "camper" and all of the fun things people like to yell when they accuse someone of camping.. So I plugged in my mic to talk to them in the lobby after the game.. One called me a "camping POS.".. So I laughed and said ok well when I killed you guys, speaking to the whole team, was I in the same spot each time?? No was their answer.. Well, was I in the same little area the whole time?? Again, No.. Was I even on the same map every time?? Nope.. One spoke up for the group and said "You were camping because every single time you killed us, you were behind something!" So, the fact that I saw you, and used cover to give myself an advantage in a gunfight makes me a camper?? I put up a VSAT, know exactly where you are, and lay down to put myself in a better position to kill multiple enemies makes me a camper??

-Again.. Just people who don't understand strategy.. Why run head on into multiple enemies when you know their coming?? Makes no sense..

Lucent76

If you think BlackOps 2 is bad for camping I would love to see your description of Ghost camping.