1 2 3 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 3:08 AM by MrTrollYou RSS

What is the point of the shotgun rank?

Has anybody noticed that the ranking in zombies in general seems kind of pointless? Look at it this way: When playing multiplayer, it is usually understood that a player who is atleast one prestige is firmiliar with the game, and has played for a long time. In zombies, where nobody understands how the ranking system truly works, it shows nothing. Yes, it's true that you see some skill involved, (Obviously a single bone is less experianced than a skull) but when nobody understands anything else it is pointless. Look at highly respected players such as Syndicate who are stuck at the knife. Clearly it is not only bugged, but flawed. If this system truly indicated player skill, he, and many others, would have the double shotguns. You might say, "Well maybe it represent player time". Well, I respond to that with "Why do so many people who did the round skip glitch have the double shotguns?" Things have to be cleared up, or this ranking system is as pointless as tits on a bull.

P.S. I understand there are many theories on how the system works, but none are confirmed, and none seem accurate. Treyarch are the only ones who should be releasing information on how it works. It shouldn't be up to the community to decrypt the ranking system. Though I'm not really mad, I'm slightly annoyed that they have yet to say anything. HINT HINT.

• 1. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

OH OH, I know the answer to your question!  the point of the shotguns rank is something you can list on your resume for the next job you apply for!  Or maybe its a way for people to convence themselves that all those millions of other people that really don't care about them, do care about them...... 

• 2. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

Can't really tell if that was a shot at me or what. Please clarify.

• 3. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

No, it was not a shot at you.  It was me merely pointing out sarcastically that the point of the shotguns is that its pointless......

• 4. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?
                Mdog1

The ranking system was a good idea, but it's very flawed. Nobody knows what it means, and it caps out at 5. At least in Multi you can be a level 50 or whatever their current cap is. Plus there is prestige. Not sure what the top prestige is, but I assume it's at least 10. If you were a level 10 zombies prestiger with max rank, it'd be a hell of a lot better than just being a non prestiger.

• 5. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

I sort of disagree with you here: "Yes, it's true that you see some skill involved, (Obviously a single bone is less experienced than a skull) but when nobody understands anything else it is pointless".   I see where you're coming from, however I think that if we knew how it worked, people would have it that aren't necessarily good players; as in, they would just do exactly what it took to get the shotguns just to show them off, and ignore the other aspects of the game.  I kind of like not knowing how the ranking system works and I trust that the developers made it based on skill, time spent playing, waves reached, etc. 

I have heard of some people getting completely stuck on the knife with stats better than my own (i do have the shotguns), higher waves reached, more miles traveled, etc. so it's either buggy or way more complex than we think.

I don't really care about the ranking too much when it comes to knife vs. shotguns, because I know so many players I'd consider better than myself that only have the knife still..  But people in public lobbies are always in amazement when they see the shotguns as if I'm one of the only people in the world with it or something.  People are crazy

• 6. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

Fair enough. I just wasn't sure if you were insulting me for being curious about it. Okay so it is pointless, I agree, I just wish they would shed some light one what it means. Is it kills? Play time? Average rounds? I just want some clarity! Though to be honest I'm not too worked up about it. It's just something I've been pondering for a few days now.

• 7. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

That's weird because that's exactly how I am. I've been at the knife for over a month now. My average round is usually 40+ and I'm still stuck.

• 8. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

I once had the skull and knife with way better stats than some of my friends that had shotguns. Of course now that my stats got reset becaue of me playing a local game (kinda mad about that)  I'm currently just a skull.  I could really care less though.  At least now I dont get bugged by every person who plays with me asking me "how did you get that emblem?"

• 9. Re: What is the point of the shotgun rank?

Ive actually had people hate on me for having a knife. I get into a lobby and hear "oh this dudes thinks hes cool cause he has a knife" and etc.

Ive also had people troll me for having a knife. Literally say things like "im about to make this guy go down because he cares to much about his kd" and try to do something they think will cause me to go down.

1 2 3 Previous Next