46 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2014 6:10 PM by iH8boosters RSS

Anyone else think Probation is fuggn garbage?!

So staying in game is more important than my responsibilities? People got schit to do! People want to get a quick game in on a luch or class break and may not have time to finish a whole game; so you are going to punish them for trying to squeeze you in? People got babies, food in the oven, business calls to take, spouses to greet - all of this comes before you. These people fund you and you think you have the right to "slap them on the wrist"? Forget that! If this stays lets see how many people put COD at the top of their list next season...can't believe I got every COD so far to run into this fowel.

• Re: Anyone else think Probation is fuggn garbage?!
          Restore_Hardcore

I've never got probation and I have a lot going on too. The game allows for the occasional "back out". Excessive quitting = probation.

nicedrewishfela

You can back out properly.

Quitters are worse.

Probabtion is for multiple dashboards within a short amount of time. Quitting through the COD menu won't just give you probation. I heard 6 rapid quits will, but I have no reason to test this.

Honestly, it "sounds" like a good idea in theory, but it really isn't. I mean, (at least in my personal opinion) could care less if people quit or not. If they want to quit, or not man up, then that's on that person - doesn't really affect me. If they want to migrate host, fine. We'll just keep playing without you.

I totally understand a person quitting if the team is spawn camping, or just joined and are down by a billion, or if you're the guy that's 15-2 and your whole team isn't doing well, I say you should be able to quit. I mean, I feel that it's probably more important to worry about botters and cheaters than people who quit a match(es) they don't feel like playing. I feel that (even when winning) if they want to quit, then fine it counts as a loss, and if that's how they want to go out, then so be it. (I have quit matches before that I was winning - it got boring).

As for league matches, I have quit before and gotten probation (i.e., rightfully deserved) and there were times where I completed the match, and after it was completed said, "You did not complete the match..." (i.e., not deserved). I feel that Probation should only apply to "League" games. That is, if you choose to leave a league game prematurely, then you will be issued probation for ALL game modes (for a certain amount of time). As much as I hate probation, I feel that it is only fair as playing League status. All the rest of the game modes (I feel) should just be for fun, and people should be able to leave as they like.

There were no problem quitting in Black Ops I, and it was fine that way, I do not understand why they are fixing something that isn't really broken in the first place. There are probably an infinate number of reasons why people quit, some justified, some not, but it's a video game - if you want to quit, you should be able to. It's not like it's some important mission or task that you promised you'd complete or are getting compensated for it and if you quit you're disavowed - it's a GAME. Just my personal opinion.

In honesty, I really do hope they remove this whole "probation" issue. It just isn't effective. I hope treyach reads some of these posts and take it to consideration.

It's only 5 minutes and it's really hard to get probation. The idea might piss some people off, but it could be much worse. I dashboard all the time and hardly ever even get the warning. Only one time have I received a single 5 minute ban because I dashboarded the night before and didn't sign back in, and then dashboarded the first two games when signing on the next day so the night before still counted. Other than that, Hardcore players might get it for multiple team kill kicks.

The concept for stopping dashboards is fine, but what they really should do to stop dashboarding is just set up dedicated servers. They're just cheap and punish the players for getting fed up with their laggy game. It's like putting a bandaid over a deep stab wound while claiming that stitches are too expensive.

W00DYGAMINGUYS

I am almost a Master Prestige i only ever play hardcore, i do not dashboard games and i have a fantastic Internet connection hence i am always HOST. I have for several months been having issues with probation, each and every time i log on to Xbox Live i am on Probation. I have a support ticket open with Activation that has now been escalated to the higher technical team, as there seams to be some kind of data curuption

Pevlic

True that. With the amount of money they've made off of ALL the CoD games (black ops and MW) they can't HONESTLY say that they don't have the revenue to set up servers...yet they continue to feed us that horse **** and sadly we still continue to feed them our money

SitRepPro

They could do it to exclude those who joined in progress.  I dashboarded a few games in Demoltion having joined session in progress whilst spectating because I saw firing squads/spawn campers and I got a probation.  I have the calling card I was after (50,000 score) and I now stop playing the game mode solo now since the impression I get is that spawn camping is a legitimate tactic, and I think Vahn has said he has no issues with it, and it's probably one of the main reasons why people quit out or dashboard.  To be honest I can't blame them but I'd hope more people would just refuse to buy the next COD and keep playing it due to bad spawns etc because that is the only way to force a change.

To answer the question "Does anyone else think probation is fuggin garbage?!"

My answer is nope...I have never been on probation for having to quit and take care of stuff. Probation is for dashboarding a multitude of times within a set time period.

That said...for those that get it from actual connection disconnects or other hosts dashboarding then it is garbage. Although I believe that the ones who complain about probation tend to be religious dashboarders.

Bielsalmighty

If all of that comes before the game, why on earth is your console even on? Get your priorities straight. Especially considering the fact that you have had to leave games enough times to warrant probation, I think the problem doesn't lie with the system, it lies in the fact that you cant go 5 minutes without putting on the console.

Wait.

Who am I kidding, you've ragequit out of too many games, no-ones so stupid as to have the diatribe above be applicable to them. If you weren't such a crybaby when getting beat then you wouldn't have that oh-so-horrible timeout. Oh, and before you pull the lag card: no, just no. If that was the issue you would have said that instead of spouting off like your some poor responsible parent being punished by a supposedly harsh system

EDIT: Ragequitters like you are part of the scum of the game. IMO you lot are no better than boosters. You impact everyone elses gaming experience because you cant get what you want. Grow the hell up.

starbuckfrack

Its called Prioritizing your responsibilities.

I prioritized my responsibilities and have yet gotten probation once.

If I have a job to go to in ten minutes of course I am not going to pop in the game.

Never been on probation, if you get it, you deserve it. I HATE it when people dashboard.

If you don't have time to play a full game, don't join and if you really need to, leave in an acceptable way. Not dashboarding. It's not hard to understand. Your really didn't expect sympathy on these forums did you m8.

malditor

I find your reasoning why it is stupid off. I've shut off the 360 a couple of times when I didn't have time to back out then shut down and never got any probation. Therefore they do allow for real live circumstances to not punish you like this. You'll get probation for multiple dashboards in a row or short period of time, not for singular instances that occur rarely. The probation is a good idea that doesn't really help though, people still dashboard a lot and there will be no stopping them.

phxs72

I've got just as many responsibilities as you do but I have yet to be put on probation whether playing Core or HC.  People love to complain that they had more important things to take care of but they always leave out the 3 or 4 times earlier that they quit because they got thrown into a late losing game or they were getting outplayed and rage quit.  Man up and stay in the games that you are quiting so often and when you need to quit to take care of your responsibilites you won't get put on probation.  The nonstop game leaving is what prompted probation to begin with.  Those of us who actually stay in the game are tired of carring the unbalanced load and dealing with the lag effects of people leaving and joining games nonstop.

PS: If probation gets the game hoppers to quit CoD then I'll gladly pay extra for the game just to make up the difference in revenue.

I was with you saying how can someone get probation? you really have to be quitting games.. well i was adjusting settings in the game and dealing with lag in the game one day and getting kicked, and i got a probation.. lol i just laughed at treyarch, i was about 3 sec from taking this game out, and never playing it again.. i like mw3 way better, i can even say id deal with the crazy spawn killing before this crap game, with all the lag

i never dealt with this much lag in mw3, and obviously never had a "probation" because of treyarchs middle school programming abilities

You do not get it for playing like you tried to claim. It takes multiple leaves to get probation. And real life is not a valid excuse for you would not start the game and match, then leave just for a moment and then come back and then have to do that over and over again until you got probation.

Ive recieved probation 1 time. I deserved it. It is only 5 minutes. Its nothing. Its a bathroom break. Its a chance to grab a snack and drink. If they were serious about stopping the quitters than they should make it last a day. It makes me laugh when I see people get upset about this.

JSlayer211

I have only gotten probation once and it was a glitch. The BO2 service went down and after numerous attempts to get back into the game, when it finally came back up it put me on probation.

I have quit a few games before, but dashboarding is what causes probation. There is a difference and people need to lear that. Quitting is pressing start> leave game. Dashboarding (aka stat saving, ragequitting) is pressing the Xbox button> Xbox Home to leave the game.

It does affect other players if you are the host, because the game cannot migrate and ends immediately. Ruining other gamers good time should be a punishable offense.

Clearly not all fo you reat the whole post. stop whining about your score! What it comes down to is ADULTS who have things to do in their lives ARE prioritizing, thats why I can't put the game first. I am not quitting because I am dissatisfied about my score ill play thru If I have time and am 1/30. I bought this game yesterday and I have connectivity issues that keep kicking me off and HAVE ONLY EVER QUIT TWICE! when I got home I wanted to play a quick game befor getting to my homework but I couldn't because Treyarch doesnt understand that not everyone is either making or playing videogames all day. so I dont want to hear"Its not that hard" or "its not that bad" Its MY time and i don't an unlimited amount of it. What it comes down to is I am not paying to be punished or dictated how I should spend my time. In reguards to disconnections this pisses me off further because probation shouldnt be here in the first place! I understand you can use the time for other things but the other things arnt why I sat down put in cod and got ready to play. Its not"that" bad? the point is its still BAD this needs to be fixed. so all of you saying i deserve it go eat a bag-o-dix this is some crap.

JSlayer211

Are you just too stupid to leave a game the proper way or is dashboarding the only way you were taught?

phxs72

The software has no way of distinguishing your disconnection issues from someone that dashboards on purpose.  It is unfortunate but it's how it is.  To be getting disconnected enough to get put on probation would indicate an issue with your ISP or more likely your setup.  I would suggest checking your cable connections.  More than likely you've got a short somewhere that may not be sufficient to interupt internet functionality for websurfing but is enough to get you kicked from the game.  When I had connection issues it turned out that a splitter had gone bad.  So for a couple dollar fix I was back in business and haven't had any trouble with disconnects since.

Probation is silly all around and should be reserved for League Play only.  I've been on probation twice. Both times it has happened when i first got on and am trying to get a game where the other team doesn't already have swarms in the air.  Then I was disconnected from xbl and put on probation.  The second time I had just gotten on and played a game of league. I went 5-0, was playing great, then was disconnected again from xbl and was put on probabtion after that single game.

No harm no foul though. It seems to place a higher penalty on disconnects and league play games.

now ur just going to go around and spam every probation thread? C'mon kid grow up. YOU team killed, YOU get kicked.....deal with it.

Put on probation from team killing. Scorestreaks killing team mates got me kicked. Also, being stuck in spawn kill, knowing were the enemy is, and team mate walks out infront of me while i am shooting. Probation sucks.

Put on probation from team killing. Scorestreaks killing team mates got me kicked. Also, being stuck in spawn kill, knowing were the enemy is, and team mate walks out infront of me while i am shooting. Probation sucks.

deamonomic

I never see probation so... no I have no problems with it. Infact I think it needs to be kicked up a notch. Quiting has become an epidemic in the CoD series. games where no one quits are like one out of every 50 games. People quit far to easily.

yea... was just playing Dota 2... and my entire team quit because it was safe to leave >.>... the quiting is not a cod only problem...

Pevlic

I play nothing but Hardcore TDM...and sometimes I do accidently shoot a teammate...and sometimes not so accidently...but that's neither here nor there. The probation system as a whole is a good idea...HOWEVER, I seriously believe it's need a re work. When I get into a match if i find boosters, cheaters, or those that are ALOT better than me in the match...I leave. I've done it enough times before that I'll get probate for it, which is bullshit. If someone gets kicked for team killing or something of that nature, then YES probate them, but if we leave because we feel that the match is unfair, or because of people cheating/boosting then there is NO reason we should be penalized for that

vims1990

Never been on probation despite leaving a game due to real-life responsibilities. Actually, never been on probation in the time I've played BO2.

You must be consistantly leaving games or dashboarding which is why it is placing you on probation. It shouldn't be putting you on probation for leaving that one game.

or, like others have said, there's some kind of an issue. I hadn't played for 3 days.....matches all ended as they should the previous time I played, yet when I logged in I was on probation. Makes no sense to me.

phxs72

If you truely believe that you didn't do anything to warrant probation then you should have Activision Support look into it.  It wouldn't be the first time something in the game glitched.  However, most poeple that complain clearly broke the rules but claim innocence simply because they disagree with the rules.  Oddly enough disagreeing with a rule doesn't invalidate the rule.  Obviously, I have no idea what your situation is but I can tell you that not playing for 3 days or weeks or months doesn't count as time served.  For some reason the system thinks that you did something wrong.  If you truely haven't been TKing or leaving League Games early or dashboarding then you really should have Activision take a look at it.  At worst case they do nothing but at least you tried.  Best case they find something wrong and fix it.

eh, it's 5 minutes of my life. I wasn't on probation when I logged off, I don't back out of matches because Life takes priority....kids in bed, everything done, I play. If it happens more often than obviously I need to let Activision know. My point is still simply that there could be an issue within the system. Most times, it's whiny kids that are upset that dashboarding finally caught up with them.

rlbl

Game Glitches aside, people who complain about probation are basically the thieves complaining they got caught for doing something wrong.

Most of my play time is HC-KC, and I have been on probation once. It was during the period of time the (PS3) console was freezing:

- console freeze; restart console and enter a new game immediately

- console freeze; restart console and enter a new game immediately

- next match, I teamkilled out

Probation.

Happened once, has not happened since and I quit/teamkill here and there... and nothing happens.

Again, game glitches aside...

starbuckfrack

Why do all these things happen to everyone else but never happen to me ?

Never got probation.

Never got thrown into a hacked lobby.

Never got accidentally reset after playing Private Matches.

Dont see boosters every other game.

Rarely ever see a WTF moment....

Hmmmm.....

rlbl

I feel you.

Aside from my 1 probation occurrence, I never see what you said either (although I have run into 4-5 boosters)

But to be fair, with all of the people playing, it is not surprising that one may never seen somethings, as they are not widespread.

SeraphOne

You should probably add that you don't get lag, lag comp or host disadvantage either, just so we know where you stand in general on the game

starbuckfrack

I dont notice ant difference in gameplay when I am host.

And as I said I rarely get any WTF moments. Sure I get laggy internet sometimes, but I already stated what my game experience is like.

After I claimed that I had good games someone stated I had constant 4 bars in every game even though I never said that. Other players who know my game playing Gamertag have seen how true it is that my games are normally good at least until America goes asleep.

Now even though in some games we may have all green bars I still see some people jumping all over the screen, getting what looks like instakills , whatever. But apparently all my hitmarkers are true.

I only dashboard when I'm host.

CobraShikari

I'm 50/50 on this probation thing really. Why? Well, i've recently got a 100mb internet and it disconnected quite a lot during that time, thus ending in me getting a probation warning and then 5 minute timeouts until i decided i'd just stop playing Black ops 2 until it was eventually fixed (thankfully it did!)

However, i know i've barely seen any boosters or any other nonsense like that. So what exactly is the point in it? To give us a kick in the rear end for people with bad connections to games or?

Yeah, same happens to me. My internet sucks, and when i do get a game, it runs at about 1 frame a second, and appears to do so for everyone in the match. So i quit, get probation and then don't play for a week. Same thing happens. When i got probation for leaving a pre-game lobby, I decided I would write this post, stick it on any threads about this topic, tell treyarch to suck it an then never play it or any other CoD again on principal. I refuse to pay them 50 quid for a game i cant play. And then people wonder why piracy is on the rise! Spanners.

P0nic0rn78

So....what you are saying is that your internet is crap and somehow it is Treyarch's fault that you keep getting probation cause of crappy internet.  Sounds like the solution is to get better internet....or randomly complain about how you have crappy internet and its all Treyarch's fault you keep getting on probation....gee i wonder which solution will solve your problem.  Also good on with the justification of piracy.....I can't have nice things so I'll just take yours.....because I can't afford nice things..you sir are a credit to gamers everywhere.