38 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 4:57 PM by jammin81 RSS

How to reset rank legit. GUIDE.

matuzz

Works only for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 players.

Go here: https://support.activision.com/BO2rankreset

Select reset Zombies rank.

Profit?

Because so many keep asking it and making new threads maybe keep this thread alive and we don't get so many threads about how to / can you reset rank.

Your welcome.

• Re: How to reset rank legit. GUIDE.

Dis is old

theatriks

Out of curiosity, it says resetting your zombies makes it "as if you've never played zombies."

Would that nullify the EE's status as well? Would the EE status be in the same category as the stats?

PC players can't do this.

zZzZzZz

I don't understand why they even let you reset your rank/stats. They're there in the first place to represent and monitor the progress of a player. Apart from things like glitching (and other stat-ruining things), it's intended to be as accurate as possible, and most of the time, unless the player significantly improves, the stats would converge to the same level as before anyway.

Not if you go afk to let the game count for your friends causing you to drop your k/d by xx

theatriks

A lot of people had no idea that rank was even remotely dependant on your kill-death ratio. They played how they wanted at first, had fun messing around, then learned that KD does have some sort of influence on your rank. Effectively trapping them at whatever rank they are because to get anywhere near the rumored required KD's would take hundreds of thousands of kills without going down at all.

Personally don't see the appeal of the higher ranks, but others do and they're willing to start over to get there. A lot of people that enjoy Grief, for instance, don't allow lower ranks on their team because it signifies incompetence. Which is also ridiculous.

Shredder2468

People find it as, higher ranks = better people to play with. And "effectively" getting themselves "trapped" at a low rank gets less people wanting to play with them.

Well I don't know what those people were thinking, but kills, K/D and rounds would be the first things you'd think of that contributes to rank. How bad can people mess up that they can't recover at all? The fun in doing things like jumping in lava and dying is short lived. Even after EE hunting, they should be able to recover. I've tried EE's and usually something goes wrong, so I've ended up spending a lot longer on EE's, accumulating more downs than the average person, and I've still recovered (I still haven't even got the achievement yet, so I will mess up my stats even more). Unless they constantly go ' Oh look, a zombie, lets see what happens when I get close', I don't see how they can mess around so much to get 'trapped' at a rank. Maybe I'm just oblivious about whats been happening and maybe some people just can't get a better rank.

I will stand by what I've said about how rank helps me determine what kind of game I'm going to have. To achieve shotguns, chances are that person has played a fair bit of zombies. Now, I would rather go into a lobby and see 3 shotguns players than 3 bone players. Because the shotgunners are likely to be more experienced (obviously they could be glitchers). Whenever I went into a Tranzit lobby, if there was a shotgun/knife player, on average we would get further than all skulls or bones.

Shredder2468

Some people find it hard to get 200 kills per down. My younger bro, who I got into zombies years back, is so scared of zombies solo, that he only plays online. (He's 16). And it takes 12-16 round to get that many rounds on co-op. Yet on Die Rise though, he barely gets passed Round 14, even with Perma Juggernog.

Soooo....sorry, I don't follow....

Shredder2468

What I'm saying is that some people don't play on solo for some reason and only play co-op. Shotties is "allegedly" 200 kills per down, right?

Well playing on co-op, it takes 12-16 rounds to get that many kills, and only if your lucky. If your one of the worst players on your team, you might not even get 200 kills until round 20+. And for some people, getting that high with no downs is half to impossible.

So for some people, it's not that easy. But I'm Shotties too so what do I care.

Also though, before the theory of "rank being determined by K/D". People didnt care if they went down, and some could've accumulated 500+ downs in a week. And by the time it was discovered, lets say that person had 6000+ downs or something. That would mean to get KNIFE, he would need to accumulate 60,000 kills without going down once. The world record on Die Rise is 125 I think and he has only 48,000+ kills in that game.

So for that person with 6000+ downs, he would have a very, very big hole to dig himself out of.

Shredder2468 wrote:

What I'm saying is that some people don't play on solo for some reason and only play co-op. Shotties is "allegedly" 200 kills per down, right?

Well playing on co-op, it takes 12-16 rounds to get that many kills, and only if your lucky. If your one of the worst players on your team, you might not even get 200 kills until round 20+. And for some people, getting that high with no downs is half to impossible.

Well then they should remain at the rank that reflects their skill level, no?

Also though, before the theory of "rank being determined by K/D". People didnt care if they went down, and some could've accumulated 500+ downs in a week. And by the time it was discovered, lets say that person had 6000+ downs or something. That would mean to get KNIFE, he would need to accumulate 60,000 kills without going down once. The world record on Die Rise is 125 I think and he has only 48,000+ kills in that game.

So for that person with 6000+ downs, he would have a very, very big hole to dig himself out of.

I find it hard that peope could be getting that many down in a week, although it's not impossible. But I would lean towards them being very very very bad players, messing around or not. Also to have that amount of downs they must've been playing a heck of a lotta zombies in that week, and so should've gained at least some experience.

The main goal of zombies is to kill zombies. Even when I was messing around back in WaW days, I wouldn't find it enjoyable/satisfying to go down, as that was associated with a bad thing; the game ending. So I can't imagine players getting excited over going down (and why I don't want to attribute so many downs to just messing around). But hey this could just be me being narrow minded. Anyways, I just don't see the point of resetting stats, but who knows, maybe if I didn't have shotguns I would be obssessed with trying to get it, like numerous people (and their threads) are...

Shredder2468

Haha. Good point. But I was just trying to make an example of it taking time to dig someone out of a whole, so some people might want to reset their stats. Lol.

:)

You seem to be one of the few people here that knows what i mean.

Like you said i didn't know about the kill vs down and i have a nasty habbit of playing like a goof.

But when i need to get serious i can get 35/ and up (after that i get bored really fast)

35 is about 1500 kills in solo so that means i could have gotten the shotguns if i really wanted them.

But in order to get them i needed to get from my 30's K/D to 180-200's K/D. (1000 kills per 1K/D)

And with my patience i don't see that happening.. (150,000 : 1000 = 150 games that require my full attention and i lack that much attention + the time. )

For example i was a little above 100 K/D before Die rise came out.

But with all the searching for stuff, falling here and there coz of random tramp spots i am back at a 85 K/D.

I don't think i'll get higher then the skull with knife emblem but i don't really care anymore.

I got a double shotgun emblem in my friendlist and he has  40 ish K/D and when i play i would be the last to go down so that says enough for me..

Don't get me wrong i don't think i'm the best, but i know for a fact that double shotguns are a achievable goal for me. (Certainly with the reset option, which isn't available on pc ofc..)

theatriks

Messing around, having fun doing challenges, fu*king with friends, not caring about their rank because it's not something they're used to. Then they learn about the rank a few weeks later and want to be a higher rank but can't because in all the time they were playing for fun, in turned, or Grief, just doing zombies like they've always done, they've accumulated a lot of downs. It's a lot easier than you'd think.

I would've thought running zombies on the multiplayer engine and making it more competitive with a grief mode, ranking system and more stats would've made people more aware and cautious about their stats from the get-go....

theatriks

Maybe in the next game with zombies that will be more widely assumed as the case, but coming from BO1 zombies where all you had to worry about was "how will I make this game as fun as the last one" it's not as clear at first.

The people that are being affected by their want of a higher rank and their neglect of their stats prior will be more cautious in the next zombies installment I'm sure.

I just sent one in to reset mine. My downs are f'd because of the first week of playing die rise. I'm so upside down now.

CSAWWWWW

Good advice might = wait 'til the last DLC drops.

If your rank is still important at that point, then reset and bomb all the maps (or one that you're the best at) the most advantageous way possible- minus glitching, of course

Unless your very, very, good and then some- every DLC drop will most likely bring numerous downs for a lot of people.

To be exact, this doesn't seem to work now. It redirects to:

"https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Rank-Has-Been-Reset-or-Rolled- Back"

I can cope with trying to raise a 100.00 K/D, it's been going up for a looong time.

jammin81

I really HATE the fact you can't reset the stats on zombies. I mean I have a wife and a job so playing for hours each day is not possible. Am I bad? Not really..... BOP1 nearly all my rounds are past 40 and BOP2 most are past 50.

Tranzit = 49 (hate tranzit)

Die Rise = 75

Mob = 48

Buried 72 (Easy map after all)

This past match I went all out and smashed buried from 1-72 gaining 12K kills and 2 downs. 12 thousand kills...... I mean that's nearly 6 hours of spare time and still a knife rank player. It sounds easy starting off keeping your KD at 200 - 1. But this is looking in hind sight. 400 000 kills later KD doesn't move that much even after 12K kills  

I have no more time to work on this bullshit and giving up.

400 000 / 2300 downs is to hard to recover from. No I'm not a glitch so don't put me down or say I suck. I can play with the best of my friends. Last night 43 on origins with 3 downs. It takes hours of play to get 2000 kills I mean? What gives? Can't we get the option of choosing to start again?