1 2 3 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2013 3:21 AM by Neo4156 RSS

Why do people use the term hardscoping?

I don't understand why people use the term hardscoping.

Quickscoping is where one aims down quickly with aid of aim assist, fires or does a partial aim.

Hardscoping is basically traditional/real sniping because you take more time to aim.

I therefore don't understand why people use the term hardscoping as it is more or less just regular sniping, like how you'd snipe if using a real sniper rifle in real life.

• Test #1
          1. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

Because hey don't wanna admit that what the other person is doing is real sniping

Last Edited: Mar 14, 2013 10:21 PM
          • Test #1
            2. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

^ Basically this lol It's a shame. I snipe properly aimed in on purpose because of people like that lol

Last Edited: Mar 14, 2013 10:23 PM
            • Test #1
              3. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

scotland-rules wrote:

I don't understand why people use the term hardscoping.

Quickscoping is where one aims down quickly with aid of aim assist, fires or does a partial aim.

Hardscoping is basically traditional/real sniping because you take more time to aim.

I therefore don't understand why people use the term hardscoping as it is more or less just regular sniping, like how you'd snipe if using a real sniper rifle in real life.

I use the term "hardscoping" so there is no confusion as to what kind of sniping I'm talking about. There are too many people out there that demand clarification when you just say "sniping."

I guess we could say "regular" sniping, or "traditional" sniping, or "true to life" sniping.

I'd rather just clarify right off the bat and skip the unavoidable question of whether I'm talking about quickscoping or hardscoping.

Last Edited: Mar 14, 2013 10:35 PM
              • Test #1
                4. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

I was going to post a thread like this, it's a shame that COD has made it that the norm for sniping is to use a sniper rifle as a shotgun where you don't have to aim instead of how sniping really is, I mean I'm not in the military but from what I ve seen sniper rifles take minutes to set up and are used from a position of cover to "hardscope" COD has completely changed this and it's a damn shame. I prefer getting hardscoped over no or quick scoped because theres nothing to do to stop it, even when you put multiple hit markers on them. When I snipe I hardscope, I run and gun a little bit behind cover, but I take the time to ADS and actually aim so people call me a hardscoper like it's a bad thing to use sniper rifles how they were meant to be used. When I stop playing BO2 it's probably going to be because of the no scoping or the pistols.

Last Edited: Mar 14, 2013 10:35 PM
                • Test #1
                  5. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

It doesn't take any more time to go from moving to aiming down sights in real life with a sniper rifle, than it does an AR. A remington 700 with a scope and bipod can be deployed in seconds in a prone position, or even more quickly in a variety of braced positions without the bipod. You accuracy will suffer greatly in those positions beyond 300-400 meters, but accurate shots can be made quickly.

The term hardscoping is just a quick way to seperate the three types of shots. The negativity toward "hardscoping" is just as pointless as the negativity toward "quickscoping". No scopes are lucky educated guesses.

Last Edited: Mar 15, 2013 12:22 AM
                  • Test #1
                    6. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

A lobby full of QS. Check out their accuracy with dsr and ballista below 50% .

Last Edited: Mar 15, 2013 12:39 AM
                    • Test #1
                      7. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

COD players love their labels, so i guess that makes me a hardscoper

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/MrMarlboro2009/Snipers12_zpsaab34de5.jpg

Last Edited: Mar 15, 2013 4:50 AM
                      • Test #1
                        8. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

I pull up my gun, I am , I fire, I get a kill

Call it what you want

Last Edited: Mar 15, 2013 4:58 AM
                        • Test #1
                          9. Re: Why do people use the term hardscoping?

all these silly terms make me laugh "scrub" is my favorite. as it pretty much means nothing.

Last Edited: Mar 15, 2013 5:03 AM
                          1 2 3 Previous Next