17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 10:34 AM by ChronoZombie RSS

Female characters models.....

killb0xonealpha

how come they don't put female character models in CoD? i've heard all the politics about it in real life, but times are different, and it's a video game... i mean there's female character models in GoW. i'd actually like to see at least one female character model in the next CoD.

• Re: Female characters models.....
          starbuckfrack

How do you know all the characters are male ?

My wife has a female freind that passes for male.

Female character models have to much polygonys and the consoles don't have enough RAM for it.

Maybe partnering up with TheSims for the next COD release would be wise don't you think? We can eat breakfast with our clans, shower after every match together, clean each others guns, share classes and emblems. Oh a dream come true.

I say add Vanzquez!

Restore_Hardcore

I think they should give the women who play the option.

belly120

gotta say that there are many funny jokes to be made but i think they should, i'd even consider playing a girl so that when i come round the corner all you guys would be checking out the curves or thinking "I can't shoot a lady" and then BLAM down you go sucker.

on a serious note yes there should be tasteful and proffesional looking female character models for the ladies it is only fair and is hardly going to take them years to develope and cost billions to do, so sort it out in fact make it free DLC to show how non sexist you are 3arc

Ok...Ok....let the jokes ensue, however, my hubby and I have had this debate already.  I would love to be able to choose a female character but........

The debate then becomes wether or not you become an even bigger target?? (and I don't mean the size of the boobs)  There are alot of really good girl players out there I know, me, not so much but I try hard. For me it's bad enough that my GT lets on that I'm of the fairer gender....you should hear some of the comments in the lobbies....Yikes!

Question is can they make a female character that is "tasteful" and not too Lara Croft looking? We don't want to be a distraction (unless it works to our advantage ), we just want to play the game and all be fair.

maccabi

Albertababe wrote:

Ok...Ok....let the jokes ensue, however, my hubby and I have had this debate already.  I would love to be able to choose a female character but........

The debate then becomes wether or not you become an even bigger target?? (and I don't mean the size of the boobs)  There are alot of really good girl players out there I know, me, not so much but I try hard. For me it's bad enough that my GT lets on that I'm of the fairer gender....you should hear some of the comments in the lobbies....Yikes!

Question is can they make a female character that is "tasteful" and not too Lara Croft looking? We don't want to be a distraction (unless it works to our advantage ), we just want to play the game and all be fair.

The answer is simply a size issue and aesthetics, female player models should be smaller which gives that character an advantage in an fps game due to the hit boxes have to fit inside a model, the way round this is to either expand the charater model to make it the same as a male character model that then looks wrong .

it's slightly different for a 3rd person game due to the way the mechanics of game works and due to players persceptions.. in 1st person you cant see your character only your hands so its basically asexual , in a 3rd person game you get to see the character fully,

TWINDEATHSTAR

u sound like a bloody feminist. we want equal rights and everything good that men get, but not the bad stuff.

Wow....not sure how you got "bloody femenist" outta that? Just thought it was an interesting debate. No need for name calling.

FalconR6

My Grandma taught me chess - she was a state champion. Has told me funny stories of using her distractive assets to her advantage. A female character could be a source of good lighthearted humor between those who are mature. I couldn't care if immature gamers griefed the situation - sad on their part. If something is implemented for the right reasons, don't back down because of the lowest denominator. I think Mac has a good point about about implementation, but I see no moral reasons why not.

ChronoZombie

I am all for female models in general, but not in this game.  I was very disappointed in the lack of females in the single player of both this game and MW3, both of which take place in the future.  There should be female characters, and if not in active combat, then jet pilots, bombers, support, etc.  MW3 had a single female voice on the comms if you got a targeting assist with the recon drone with one faction, that was cool, but the bare minimum of what they could have done.  Why is there not a single female commander calling out orders in multiplayer?  (think of Sigourney Weaver in Paul, it could be awesome).  All the voices in MP suck, so it isn't like it could get any worse.

Now, as for the game itself, females are smaller on average than males, and the game couldn't be balanced with two different sized hitboxes.  I believe one game did this and everyone took females because they were smaller targets.  CoD is not class based, but a game like Gotham City Impostors is, which allowed for 4 different sized male and one female body type you could choose from, and they all had different speeds and hitpoints.  The female had much less health than the mighty, but he was huge and slow, so easier to hit.

While I would love to play a class based game with the quality of CoD, they would have to work from the ground up to build it.  I absolutely loved GCI, but while I was playing it I imagined a company like Treyarch making the sequel (This is the WaW/BO1 Treyarch I was thinking of).  A GCI/CoD hybrid could be amazing.