34 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 6:47 AM by SgtDoak RSS

Guns for Sale future of COD

GoldenFAL

I believe that these micro transactions or whatever (new camo, reticle, and calling cards) were just a test to see how the in game content would sell. I think in the future you will be able to buy your old favorite guns from past COD, like I would wanna buy a FN FAL, and AK-47 or maybe a G11 and a MK14. If money is constantly being made by selling guns as DLC then they would turn their cheek to the gun balance issues and just make weapons. I truly think that BLOP2 could have more guns. I would give my left foot to get  a Commando and try on this newer version of black ops. Instead of making new guns like the peacekeeper dig up an old AK-74u for about 160 ms points that's $2, the same price as the Benjamin's pack I just bought. I'm pretty sure some of you miss your favorite weapons from call of duty past.

• Re: Guns for Sale future of COD

Not going to hapen.

I do not know what they will do or offer, it is certain if it "goes" well, they may certainly expand the idea, maybe it is guns, who knows. I was going to suggest "Create Your Own Camo" can you imagine if they added a Camo creator?

colts2012

MMO customizations yeah no money in that? look at world of war craft no one buys upgrades.....

Restore_Hardcore

I welcome guns for sale and anything else, this is still cheap entertainment.

Dude they are not gonnna add that because it will be unfair for people who bought the season pass because basically if they come out with that no new map pack will come out.

The season pass is for FOUR DLC Map Packs.  If they release more microtransaction DLC they aren't going to not release anymore of the map packs lol.  So ya, that made no sense what so ever.  I doubt they will do guns but it would be cool, but how this community is they know they would be on the chopping block if they did.

Guns will stay in a full DLC Pack release I'm sure.  Now next gen, who knows how it will do then.

Foxhound-Pro

I'm quite sure that they would not create a P2W model. There are games that have tried this and failed quite badly.

This definitely won't happen.

Won't happen. If they do and the gun is anywhere near good, people will scream nerf. If the gun stinks, people will scream buff or refund. As a matter of fact, there is such an unlikely chance it will be accepted as balanced that I would assume it's not even worth the headache.

I agree, or at least hope that they bring back some of the old classics, maybe even make an "Old Classic" primary weapon selection.

The M16 is in BO2 zombies, So why not Multiplayer ? I'm sure people will agree the M16's brother the M8 just doesn't cut it in either zombies, or multiplayer!

Get back with comments, views or opinions, all are welcome. This is my first forum discussion!

Thanks,

RAU5

i would gladly pay for black ops 1 stuff. spaz, 74u, commando, galil, fnfal, python, tiger camo, firing range, stadium, villa, and there is supposed to be a zombies after moon, so they could drop that one with this.

stop making me think about dlc like this, it gets my hopes up, but the goods are never delivered.

Izjar11

GoldenFAL wrote:

I believe that these micro transactions or whatever (new camo, reticle, and calling cards) were just a test to see how the in game content would sell. I think in the future you will be able to buy your old favorite guns from past COD, like I would wanna buy a FN FAL, and AK-47 or maybe a G11 and a MK14. If money is constantly being made by selling guns as DLC then they would turn their cheek to the gun balance issues and just make weapons. I truly think that BLOP2 could have more guns. I would give my left foot to get  a Commando and try on this newer version of black ops. Instead of making new guns like the peacekeeper dig up an old AK-74u for about 160 ms points that's $2, the same price as the Benjamin's pack I just bought. I'm pretty sure some of you miss your favorite weapons from call of duty past.

Its definitely a first so yes they are testing waters here. I sort of doubt that they will sell weapons.

Stale topic, never happening. Vanity items are not new, and don't signify anything.

I wish, I hope the devs have their ear to the ground on this issue.

Hopefully not, for then the game will become pay to win. those who buy the better guns will have the best chances all the time and that is not how the game should be. It should not ever be made that way for it would ruin the game in general and make it only for those who wish to spend money to always be better than someone else because of bought items and equipment and not because of actually game play and abilities.

otisman666

Oh no, the MP40 is coming back.  Even worse, they haven't nerfed it!

I really doubt that they will go this far.  I just don't think this is their style, just my gut feeling.

And you trust the integrity of Activision because?

GoldenFAL

What if the gun was pretty close to a gun that's already there. Like for example the AK-47 could be very close to the AN-94 as far as rate of fire and damage, it's practically the same gun. The SWATT 556 3 round burst could be just like old G11 or M16 3round burst. Make the rate of fire and damage near the same that way the guns won't be OP. we want more guns for show, after giving a peacekeeper the bar has been rasied and this is a cash crop and to keep money coming in this would be a good idea. We already been introduced to micro transactions in blops2 so now it must take a leap further and sell me a gun. The idea of recticles and calling cards will sour soon, I didn't buy any map packs in MW3 but if they had guns I would of bought one or a pack or how ever they were marketed!

No guns ever, for that would ruin the game fundementally for not many people would buy clone guns, they would only want better guns which would make this a pay to win game and that would ultimately destroy the game.

The moment they add in guns that are in any way better than what is in the game at all the game will go down hill faster than anything. It may sell well for a while but once people grow tired of having to pay to win it would start to fail as almost every other pay to win game does over time.

If a gun is included with a dlc it should be free for everyone, like how the peace keeper was to those that bought the map pack.

Hashtag8

GoldenFAL wrote:

I believe that these micro transactions or whatever (new camo, reticle, and calling cards) were just a test to see how the in game content would sell.

While I'll agree with this, I pretty much stopped reading and added the title to formulate my response.

Which is:

While this may have been a test, I have to agree with Trialstar here (and that almost never happens) in that, they just won't do it! In short, they are too many variables. I'm sure they've seen how much "Free" Games in App Stores and Microsoft (among others) have netted and wanted a peice of that action, because people are willing to spend a few $ here and there, but** unless your gun(s) or whatever was random and/or by chance, I don't foresee this happening.

** By random, I mean like Happy Wars in that, you buy a "Pack" and get random things. So, you could end up with a Camo, or Reticle and not a gun. It'll be like a grab-bag so to speak. This wouldn't ruin the game per se, but definitely make it more competitive and involve more trash talk than it already has.

[Player A]: What?! You have one of those Grab-Bag Weapons, and barely went positive?

[Player B]: You're just too broke to afford it, newb! STFU I pwned you *#$@&#$

lol

SitRepPro

Haven't we used the AK47 enough already?

Well, offering dlc weapons that are fundamentally the same as the in game weapons would only be a cosmetic change, but will that not fall under the same mentallity as the new DLC camo? I have no idea how that has worked in numbers but I have picked up more than a few off the ground. I think it would fall under a vanity category for nostalgia alone. This mirrors a discussion I had with my wife back in December. What if the Peacekeeper is like many of you have said, testing the water? I think that a perk, scorestreak, widcard option is not so far fetched either. I am not discussing whether it is a good idea, but as we know, ideas are not based upon principle alone. There are certain parts off the pick 10 system that look a little to light to be accident. Look at those two empty spaces after swarm. Am I the only one who can see them filled with something later on. Do I think it would be fair or balanced, no. Would I shell out a few dollars for a new way to make people rage quit? ( sticks credit card in disk tray) We know the nature of this animal, it is about the games lifespan, playability, and getting people to choose it over a new release. I would love to see specialty packages. Ie. sniper, heavy gunner, close quarters. What better way to profit off of our OCD than to add things we need to complete for cards, camo, and our narcissistic personalities when it comes to acheivments in this game. I played the other COD titles for years. I think I have 200 + hours in MW3 HCKC alone, and only made it to 8 or 9th prestige. I am past that already in only a couple of months in BO2. I am to the point that I would be more suprised and disgruntled if they didn't rock the foundations of this game. I don't relish the idea of having to reset from PM 2 or 3 times just to have something to work towards and keep the game in a category where it's my first choice when I sit down. Once again I am not saying that any of these ideas are credible or good, but there are some days when this game feels more like a beta than anything else, maybey just in the future of the franchise, or perhaps gaming in genaral.