I would hardly call half the nerfs performed "balancing" it's kinda weird when almost half the weapons have been nerfed in this game, weird... I haven't seen only one gun used in this game, just a bunch of people who want to justify their death to an OP weapon, im looking in your direction Rednecksniper
I'm sure he will get over it. You think its weird that you havent seen only one gun? And there you defeat your own thread, the reason for that is the weapon balancing. All of the guns have similar performance, therefore there is a reason to use all of the guns. Its not hard to figure out why everyone used the ACR and MP7 in MW3, the FAMAS in BO1, because those guns were overpowered and greatly outperformed all of the other weapons. They were never nerfed (well the FAMAS was but very late in the game and it didn't affect it) thus there was no reason to use other guns.
As you said in another thread devidog_kyle, both MW3 and Black Ops 2 have terrible weapon diversity in which I am going to agree on.
The idea of nerfing weapons can be to improve weapon diversity, to balance out what players use.
When BO2 launched, SMG's did rule the game meaning that most players were using SMG's over the other weapon classes. According to my Elite stats, just over 50% of my deaths is against a player using a SMG which is well...pretty substancial in comparison to the other weapon classes.
Vahn has the weapon data available to make these changes and he won't just nerf weapons, he'll buff the underused weapons.
After the weapon tweaks, I see a number of Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun & LMG users therefore there is some improvement in weapon diversity.
OK, first off they have NOT nerfed ANY weapon in this game. They have ADJUSTED a few VERY minor things. The TRUE definition of "nerfing" is TAKING AWAY POWER from a weapon. The ONLY things that they have done in the patches are as follows. The power reductions have came in from DAMAGE DROP OFF, and ATTACHMENTS, not from the base gun.
- MSMC: Recoil has been increased.
- MSMC: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- PDW57: Recoil has been increased.
- PDW57: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced
Notice how ONLY the damage with the attachments have been touched? The 2 guns with the recoil increase were WAY too accurate from the start of the game.
- All + Silencers: reduced range.
- All: reduced idle sway.
- M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range.
- Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
- SCAR: Increased 3-hit kill range. Maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4.
- SIG556: Penetration increased from medium to large, reduced burst delay, and maximum amount of bullets to kill is now 4.
- MTAR: increased 3-hit kill range.
- SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW: increased hip spread.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
Again ONLY hipfire recoil was touched to other guns except the MSMC, and PDW. The "increase" during this adjustment was VERY minute, from a 1.0 to a 1.3 (literally almost un-noticable)
Pretty sure the term NERF is to identify when a weapon was "Watered down" so when they take the MSMC and increase recoil, or lower damage, to the players, thats a "Nerf" when they "Buff" a weapon, it to "adjust it" in a positive way, IE LMG's get added damage, or less recoil would be a "Buff" to LMG's. So yeah Adjustments, negative = nerf positive = buff...