38 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2013 8:22 AM by Padiego RSS

Your opinion on children

Padiego

Keep seeing this everyday on BO2 miiverse. "yeah this if you're 12" "yeah this if you're 10+ deleting kids smh". Today, this 12 year old girl posted and tons of 11 year olds asked to add her. I personally hate kids. I like babies, but after they turn 5, they're annoying. Buy me clothes, you're ruining my life, buy me this thing, feed me...damn kids. So what's your take on kids playing m rated games? Not teenagers, kids. Teenagers don't play videogames, that's just an urban myth.

• Re: Your opinion on children
          Ramsay1999

A annoying especially when they squell and rage

If they know how to act mature, don't mouth off to others in the lobby, and play with a good attitude, I don't mind them.

If they yell "OMG NOOOO HOW DID HE KILL ME?!" every time they die, talk trash, whine when they lose the game...yeah, you're getting muted, buddy.

barolb

Since i've been done with highschool for a few years, don't have to deal with kids anymore. Unfortunately, the only times i encounter them are on CoD! And sadly most of the ones on there are the bratty kids, which is even worse. They are muted instantly the second they start talking constantly and i can hear them over the music i'm listening to, or the second they start screeming or trash talking or whatever.

Nice kids won't get bad treatment frome me, but annoying kids will. I'll still be respectful, or as respectful as i possibly can, but they're still annoying brats.

i'll stand my ground with this: Kids shouldn't even be playing an M rated game to begin with.

In a general, for the most part, if they aren't brats, then i'm fine with them.

ClonedLF

Padiego wrote:

I personally hate kids. I like babies, but after they turn 5, they're annoying.

This is very similar to my way of thinking, but I don't really like babies either. They're kind of amusing sometimes, but when the start to walk and talk, I absolutely despise their existance.

Anyway... I hate squeekers. From the bottom of my heart, I hate them. That's about it.

Mii verse?  How did you end up with a console marketed to kids?  This is their world they should be like old man?  Whats an old man doing on nintendo?  Didn't he get enough mario and zelda back in the day. 

Padiego

Im a Nintendo fan so i bought a nintendo console. Kids hate nintendo because it has childish games. Most people outside of the bo2 section of miiverse are grown men and old men. The bo2 section is famous with 12 year olds and pedophiles. http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1359

Well then kids want to feel grownup by playing a fake adult fps.  I prefer to ignore kids and abhor the fact that they can even access the outside world in the manner they can today.  This is not the kids fault though.

Also the M rating on this game seems fraudulent to me.  I don't know how the ESRB works but it seems like most games want the M rating to draw in kids/teens when the content never seems to be that abrasive (I may be desensitized though).

I appreciate kids (that sounds creepy).  I guess I agree with you and I truly don't know much about the wii  (do they even advertise it).  Don't hate on kids though parents need to step up and monitor them better.

Edit: After minimal research it seems like the Mii verse may be the problem.  I don't know how well regulated it is but it seems like a scary place.

barolb

Without a doubt it can be a scary place, but the same could be said about other message boards. That would be the sense of being annonymous, since nobody knows your age and whatnot unless you tell them it. That's why nobody should be posting personal information on there, same with YouTube >_> If no personal information is posted, then there's no issues really. It's the same as any other message board or forum out there.

There are some people who do it anyways though, like posting actual personal information X_X Its happened 3-4 times on my videos, since i started my YouTube channel, where someone posted a telephone number, address or something on one of my videos >_>

Regarding Miiverse, they need to have a favorite button put on there. I want a mega list of all of those awesome drawings people post on some of the boards.

I get alot of Lego City undercover commercials when watching YouTube videos. Ironically, i even got one when i was watching a Wii U hate video XD

Lastly, alot of parents do suck when it comes to managing what their kids play. On another forum, i read a post by a user about his experience working at GameStop (and i think i've posted this before, but just to make point). A mom and her son walked into the store and the kid was telling her about how great of a game GTA4 was, saying that their friend even suggested it to them. The mom bought the game for the kid >_>

But, you do have to keep in mind that kids do trick their parents. Actually, when i was 15-16, my parents were still upsight about me owning shooting games, so i had to hide the boxart of MWR from my dad Blood or no blood, any kind of shooting game is a no (well, that was then, and this is now obviously; its been a few years). Likewise, i had to do the same with Catherine for the PS3 since my parents would think, well you know, of me if they saw the boxart. Unfortunately, my sibling saw the boxart and told my parents.... It was NOT a fun explanation.

"Mom, dad, it's not what you think. This is just the box art for a video game. A VIDEO GAME! It's a damn puzzle game!"

Unfortunately, even to this day they still don't believe me.

PenguinAvenger

Have you seen the MH3U Miiverse section? Everyone seems to go out of their way to help other people in the game.

I personally thing everyone has a right to play whatever they want disregard the rating,I mean,it's just a rating and not many people put attention to it.

I like to play with kids because it's fun and I like to laugh at the crazy stuff they say,unlike grow men (30+) who only cuss most of the time,but that's just my experience.

One day I will raise a mini Vaporeon and we will take over the world.

Well I took my little 6 year old to the park the other day and was shocked that 2 7/8 yr old boys were saying the following to each other " you c0ck sucking fudging (sounds like) rigger but not if you know what i mean!

I was mad, but it makes me think that those boys parents are the type to allow them to play games like cod, GTA and 18+ rated game or go on line with a head set! we know some games have offensive words or game emblems and it's kids because I don't believe for one minute a mature adult who has morals would come out with that $heet!

I always mute the mics when playing cod because I cant stand the trash talk, saying that castiel is 20 something and he can trash talk like a kid too over the mic..

Miiverse I dont see much problem with as you can read what you want, nintendo are quick to delete offensive posts or delete posts asking for "yeahs" or asking for nintendo ID's etc so its pretty much a safe environment! but you can never stop peados as they find away im afraid..

parents are responsible for what their children do or dont do, i would never let me kids play mature games until they are of an appropriate age to understand and be mature, know the boundaries of good taste etc..

I was so please when in tesco a few months back a guy was with his 8 year old at the till ready to buy COD blops 2 and he admitted to the check out lady he was buying it for his kid! as soon as he said that she refused to sell it to the dad siting that it's an 18 game, it's no different to you buying alcohol and cigarettes for an underage person so i'm not going to sell you this game! he got the right ar$e and said he had driven all this way for the game, if you wont sell it i'll buy it elsewhere which she said fine, but i'm not selling you it pal..

Sad fact is too many parents let their underage kids play games they should not and hence why we have to listen to them trash talk.

I like kids, wish to be a father some day, but I got to say that kids these days are horrible what it comes to behaviour.

Even though I hate playing with little kids and usually mute them right away, there has been some times when it's been hilarious.

I remember when I played Zombies on Kino der toten on Wii, I was messing around with this one kid who had a mic and was giving advice/orders to everyone about what to do, I figured that I'd do everything he says until I get in danger to get killed.

He started to count on me at all the situations and when were in round 20 or something, I got surrounded and beaten down, the kid started to cry and scream my name, NOOOOOOHOOOO, DON'T DIEEE, I NEED YOU TO HELP ME, then he managed to revive me, got down and I killed the remaining zombies and revived him and yay, it was fun but then we lost connection to host.

What made it even more fun was probably that my bro was watching and he almost pissed himself because he couldn't stop launghing.

BlackMetroid95

I hate squeakers in this game. I like children, before they go to school and get bratty But in this game, i hate em, cause they always say the "N" word, and me being black hearing it is kinda funny and kinda insulting. And when they arent doing that, they are dropping F bombs left and right- dropping enough ordinance to blow up all of europe. It's irritating, i mean, the game is rated MATURE. 17 and up. Why are parents buying their kids call of duty games if they arent old enough to play it? Im 17, im old enough. Some kid said he was 6 playing this game...wtf? Whatever happened to the days where you wished you were old enough so you could play mature games like Halo or COD? But i digress. It's annoying.

BTW, how old are you Padiego? I assumed you were 18 or something

Padiego

I'm as old as you, although most people assume i'm either 5 or 50. I wish I lived in Canada...because of the lovely people and awesome weather.

barolb

Don't pick Manitoba then. Winter sucks here, and Summer can be just as bad thanks to mosquitoes. Just come by to visit during the late Spring and Fall seasons. Those are the best times to be in the province. Spring, after the snow melts and before the mosuqitoes come out, feels wonderful. The Fall time is usually a mix of Summer weather meets early Winter weather, so it's usually quite nice out, and the trees turning colors are also a great sight.

British Columbia's weather is nice though, although i've only been there during Spring and Summer. I was there during the Winter once, but its been several years already, so i don't remember what it was like X_X Spring nights are nice. Not too hot, but not too cold. Summer nights were ridiculously hot, although a Spring night in Miami makes a summer night in Vancouver seem cold X_X I've been to kenora also (that video posted a while back, i've been to one of the islands there). It takes 5-7 minutes by boat, if i remember correctly (i was there like 6-7 years ago?), to make it near there. Kenora's nice, but i only visited during the Spring. The weather there, that time, felt warmer than Spring in Winnipeg.

When i'm done with university, i might go and take a trip around the country by myself. I want to travel around and do stuff instead of doing nothing all the time whenever i go to Florida. Florida isn't all that bad of a place to go, but my parent's rules for the trip make the 'vacation' just really, really dull and boring X_X

Padiego

I live in Florida and like many floridians will tell you...florida sucks. I guess everyone eventually gets tired of waking up to 200 degree heat while a swarm of ducks sh*t on your car.

barolb

In Florida, i'm unable to hang out with friends (even if they live in Florida), i can't go out by myself there since i have no experience going out there, furthermore my parents won't let me because it's a different country and all that. Thirdly, i can't play console games since we don't have any working consoles there. I'm allowed to buy any video game console i want while i'm there, but i can't take it home with me. So if i buy a 360, which is the only console i don't own, and find a game i like on it: I can't play it except when i'm there, which is only for about a month every year!

Only in Florida do i really like how there are no mosquitoes. I never have to worry about my allergies acting up there, while at home i have to worry about it every day during the summer. Some nights i can't even sleep because of the mosquitoes buzzing in my ears, and them biting me. One morning i woke up taller by about quarter to half an inch. How? It was because a mosquitoe bit the bottom of my feet and the swollen portion of my foot got so large to the point of where it effected my height X_X This is being actually allergic to mosquitoes, not the regular red reaction people get when they get bitten. A mosquitoe doesn't even have to bite me for my skin to turn red; They just have to land on me.

I'd choose to live in Ontario or British Columbia honestly. I'd definitely visit Manitoba alot though, even if i lived in a different province. Spring time, after the snow melts, and before the mosquitoes come out, is wonderful, and the Fall time is perfect for photography.

I took these two photos on Wellington Cresent in Winnipeg. Different years, but both are still amazing:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s516/barolb101/IMG_0318_zpsab4b2114.jpg

This was from 2009, i think. And the following image was taken last Fall:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s516/barolb101/IMG_0793_zpsc1cc6746.jpg

I was blindly taking the photo because the sun was too damn bright, so i couldn't correctly focus the lens. it still turned out great though, but it could have looked better if i had a better lens and was able to focus is better Neither photo are edited though. These were only compressed by the camera's compression program. The originals are MUCH higher quality.

Padiego

Oh man.....that's because you only come here once a month. There's a ton of mosquitoes down here in Florida. Lots....specially in the summer.....god, it gets to the point where if you go outside, you should prepare yourself to be eaten alive.

SirDarthVader

No offence but there is something wrong with you. You hate kids.....YOU WERE A KID ONCE! I'm 14 and I play COD BO2, I don't have a mic, neither do I rage in horror when I get killed. Secondly if you don't like playing with kids get off a Nintendo console, because Nintendo consoles always almost target children. Fair enough it's rated 18+ where I live however that won't stop anything completely.

It's really funny that you guys are complaining about children playing COD when you were the whiny, annoying kids once, THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, because clearly none of you did.

I'm 14, but I don't feel like kids shouldn't be able to appreciate a good game. However, if they just complain and talk ****, I love to trap them in corners and make them rage even harder.

Usually if I have a mic and there's some people in the lobby, I try to have some enjoyable lobby talk/laughs. Whether it's with a 20 year old or a six year old, I try to get on people's good side, even if they cuss me out at first.

Usually with the 6 year old, it starts off okay. They don't seem to swear and have interesting conversations. They add me and invite me to a party. What I always see happen is they start try harding and yelling/calling someone a rigger, etc. Every death every yell. Or even just complaints.

So point? I'm fine with little kids playing, but even if they seem to start enjoying the game and stop trash talking, they always go back to their roots.

Weird, I think the worst word I ever said over mic was "damn".

barolb

I never used swear words, in my entire life, before i turned 13. Times have changed ALOT.

I remember having an experience like that on Black Ops PS3, although it worked out that way without me trying. I was playing in a party with a friend, named Emmy (hes also a YouTuber),  and this guy kept on being a jerk towards us. I think he was trolling or something, but he was some random player in the lobby. He might have been trying to get reactions for a YouTube video or something. Anyways, somehow, because i was acting indifferent towards the guy, the situation turned from him being a jerk to us to him wanting me to accept his friend request because i was 'awesome' O_o Oddly, he was still being a jerk towards Emmy X_X I didn't accept his friend request to be a jerk back at him though

Even if a person hates me, i can still get them to like me, apparently.

I would think its funny hearing them during lobbies and matches Don't get me wrong i get my few laughs out of kids just yelling and saying that im a camper and such (even then i knew where they are coming from or so to speak). The cussing and swearing however...where the heck they got those words from?? o.o  Is it like... did they just went into a rated R movie or something and just know it right from it or is it the streets? I probably wont have kids (yeah forever alone FTW! ) but outside of it.. just think why are acting like this at such a young age and playing games like this..

I like children, I just couldn't eat a whole one

skMace0

kids don't belong on this game. period. It's rated M (17+) for a good reason. Parents are idiots for letting their 12 year old kid play this game.

Now the acceptable age isn't necesarily clear cut, either. I would say somewhere around 14 depending on maturity levels and whatnot...

I know my parents didn't start letting me play games rated M until I was 16, and I was fine with that. It makes sense.

This game is for 18+ so I don't tolerate kids playing the game.

When you guys say that "Kids shouldn't play cause it's M+", you sound more like the people who say video games promote gun violence and killing. I was playing Halo 1 at 8, BF1942, loved em both, never wanted to shoot someone. If you play under 17, it doesn't mean you can't handle the violence.

I think you guys just use the M+ as an excuse to get whiny kids out of the community and away from their mics. That's a valid reason, but don't just blame a parent for being horrible and buying them a video game, saying it's too gory, etc. I bet if mario kart had mics, you'd hear the same thing. Now I haven't played mario kart multi, but I'll assume it doesn't have mics.

Padiego

What you say is true. We all just want whiny squeaky children out of the game.  Mario Kart DS had emblems. Now that was hilarious. Man, rule #34. Hated playing Mario Kart DS online because I would see enough content to fill a playboy magazine.

But there's some truth to the "violent games promote violence".

Four year olds are monkey see monkey do. If four year olds play violent video games, they'll want to do it in the real world as well. They're at an age where everything leaves a footprint on their brain. However, after say 10+, go ahead, play all the gory video games you want. Just don't squeak on the mic and curse.....it's annoying! It's kind of like a kid watching an R rated movie. He can watch the movie but if he gets up and screams "I DID YER MUM LAST NIGHT", people are going to get mad.