35 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2013 5:58 PM by ladylucina RSS

Finally Got BO2

So here I am, got BO2 a couple days ago since it was only $30 on Amazon box deal. Played the first 2 Campaign Missions, nothing to really rave about. Played a couple hours of MP, and I really like the new Create a Class system. Other than that, it plays just like every COD I've played. Some matches are fast paced run-n-gun, and others are slow and campy.

Also noticed that the lag issues have yet to be addressed and the spawn mechanic is still crappy, maybe even worse than the previous installment. How is it possible that the same issues remain? Where is the progress, growth, and innovation? Despite it's obvious flaws, I'll continue to play it (it is entertaining, but after a few matches in a row full of red bar lagging players, it get's to be too much for me).

I didn't plan on purhcasing any of the map packs, but now I don't know. Are they worth the price? Or should I wait for a possible price drop?

• Test #1
          Re: Finally Got BO2

Be carefull with the map pack, you can't disable it and it is known to cause matchmaking issues and latency.

Good to see you back

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414269149#414269149

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 3:54 PM
            • Test #1

wait, so I won't be able to play with people who have the new maps?

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 4:13 PM
              • Test #1

Actually you CAN disable it, you dont have to play the new maps if you dont like. I know this by first hand account. I have the new DLC map pack. When you go into account managment, above the place where you can click to enter the PS Store, you can disable it there. When its disabled you wont be able to use the new Peacekeeper with the older maps. Im not too worried about this because my PM is already diamond camo and  mastered. So i dont have much need for it atm really since ive went on to a new weapon catagory working on the diamond camo for those and wont need it for awhile. Once i feel like either using the PM or playing 1 of the new 4 maps, i can simply re-activate it the same way i deactivated them. I have noticed considerable less lag while playing the original maps with the new DLC disactivated. Hope this helps.....

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 4:37 PM
                  • Test #1

i have a question...so like yourself you have the peacekeeper diamond and mastered etc now you say to disable it which is good but when you want to turn it back on is your gun still diamond etc or has it been reset to new ?

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 5:06 PM
                • Test #1

From the message I think it does not search for DLC if anyone in the party doe snot have DLC...

And welcome back

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 4:29 PM
                  • Test #1

The DLC is nothing to brag about. For some reason I was getting a serious lag spike, or frame rate drop in Grind's Skate Shop.  Horrible.  Save your money.

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 4:32 PM
                    • Test #1

Hey azn, good to see you got BO2.

Now to really fit in you have to do some things

1. Write a thread and say the smg's are OP

2. Same but except about the shotguns

3. When you get killed look at your killcam and whatever weapon killed you come here and write that it is OP

lmao. the rest of these guys and gals will tell you the rest lol.

Good to see you gaming

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 5:44 PM
                      • Test #1

If CoD changes the kids cry. If its copy & paste the kids cry. Activision rakes in your money every year laughing.

Last Edited: Mar 30, 2013 5:52 PM