22 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 10:17 AM by HaitianCreation RSS

    The only easy day... was yesterday.

      I've been playing some MW3 lately and although it has the same lag issues and worse spawns it is so easy compared to Blops 2, infact all CODs are easy compared to Blops 2. I've been getting lots of reapers, pavelows and ac-130s. I've had alot of 30+ kills below 5 death games. Does anyone else think that Blops 2 is the most difficult COD? I had a game on Resistance, rushed the spawn and got a reaper (9 killstreak) in under a minute but in Blops 2 I can barely get a bloodthirsty. I'm not complaining and I'm not trying to brag because I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best COD player. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks that Blops 2 is the most challenging COD to date.

        • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

          I have been back to MW3 too. your right, its insanely easy compared to BO2. to do well in BO2 i have to put my full concentration into it, think about everything i do and time everything spot on.

           

          In MW3 i run about like a headless chicken, racking up kills without any real effort or concentration.

           

          The pace of the game is more suited to my style of play, and the simple aid of sleight of hand helps keep the flow and allows you to get more lead on target quickly.

           

          BO2 with SoH would be

            • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

              whytie84 wrote:

               

               

              and the simple aid of sleight of hand helps keep the flow and allows you to get more lead on target quickly.

               

              Playing MW3 made me realise how much I miss SOH. Sound is a huge factor as well. In MW3 is someone spawned behind you atleast you could hear their footsteps. I didn't compare stats but it just feels like weapons generally killed faster in previous CODs. I don't know if it's lag or weapons in Blops 2 do actually have slower TTKs but it takes forever to kill someone in Blops 2 compared to MW3.

            • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

              Can't edit original post . Forgot to mention that this post is purely within a TDM context as I almost exclusively play TDM.

              • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.
                ghamorra

                I don't think Black Ops II is hard skill wise, its just tough fighting all the different enemies; lag, spawns, frame rate drops, horrible teammates.

                 

                Then you add in the fact that there's another team you have battle against and the game becomes impossible

                  • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                    ghamorra wrote:

                     

                    I don't think Black Ops II is hard skill wise, its just tough fighting all the different enemies; lag, spawns, frame rate drops, horrible teammates.

                     

                    MW3's lag is just as bad and the spawns are worse. As for horrible teammates I think it's so much easier to carry a bad team in MW3 compared to Blops 2 (remember this is from a TDM players perspective).

                     

                     

                    ghamorra wrote:

                     

                    Then you add in the fact that there's another team you have battle against and the game becomes impossible

                    lol.

                  • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                    Bo2 last night was great for me. I got two merciless ( I think I have three in total now.) I was rocking my new favorite gun, MMSC w/quick draw handle, ext mags

                     

                     

                    Cheers

                    • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                      Its not just you, I always go back and play previous cods out of their main life cycle. Ive had the itch recently to play black ops 1 and all I can say is that the hit detection is still garbage and that hardline with a 2 kill uav, a 3 kill cuav, and a 7 sr71 is possibly the most fun Ive had play cod in awhile. Most of the reason why the cods seems to run better out of life cycle is because a majority of the people with horrible connections have moved onto the next cod and the majority of try hards are gone.

                      • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                        I got a brutal the other day. Would've got a nuclear with 2 more kills but the timer ran out.  Sucks, but I digress:

                         

                        I think Black Ops 2 is one of the more skill based CoDs, with players on this game are genuinely good at it. There's less cheap **** to abuse, but if you're a decent player, you shouldn't have too much trouble. The hardest CoD for me would be MW3 hands down, but that just bordered unplayable.

                        • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                          B02 is the hardest COD ever, not becuase of the skill required to play but because of all the crap you have to deal with. The guns are weaker then MW3, the reload even with fast mag is slow and gets you kill and forces you to slow down. B02 has the worst spawning,lag, and the most campers( thanks to all of the devices they added to this game to allow you to camp even better). Bo2 feels like you have to try to play more then play for fun. Ther'es just so many more things that can kill you and the maps dont help at all. Bo2 sucks. And I've played BO1 and everything is perfect, no issues at all, got like 20 to 30 kills everygame in TDM and got a chopper gunner almost every match. Bo2 sucks

                            • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.
                              ghamorra

                              I agree with everything except the campers, I rarely fun into them and if I do they're not hard to kill at all

                              • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                                HoodsFinest2012 wrote:

                                 

                                ( thanks to all of the devices they added to this game to allow you to camp even better).

                                Personally one thing I enjoyed about MW3 is not having to run Blast shield pro or sitrep on every class because there isn't anywhere near the amount of equipment in MW3 compared to Blops 2 (there are alot of portable radars but they really aren't that annoying).

                                 


                                HoodsFinest2012 wrote:

                                 

                                Bo2 feels like you have to try to play more then play for fun.

                                Sometimes playing Blops 2 feels more like chore than playing a video game.

                                 

                                Also I agree that the maps are awful.

                                  • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.
                                    ghamorra

                                    Im_not_BukLau wrote:

                                     

                                    Personally one thing I enjoyed about MW3 is not having to run Blast shield pro or sitrep on every class because there isn't anywhere near the amount of equipment in MW3 compared to Blops 2 (there are alot of portable radars but they really aren't that annoying).

                                    I should be obligated to have to run every Perk in the game just to make it out of my spawn. I often feel like I have too. I run Engineering because I move around a lot and use EMP grenades. But with the degree in which a Flash or Stun grenade and impair you I feel like I'm forced to use Tac Mask. The number of UAVs that go up force me to use Ghost, but the number of airsupport that goes up makes me want to use Blind-Eye. Then theres the TF that forced Cold-Blooded on me, but then there's the fact that I have to use Scavenger because it takes full clips to kill someone.

                                     

                                    See the paradox you go through in this game. Every scenario occurs during each of my lives. I'm constantly having to battle non-combat elements in order that I can't focus on actually playing the game. This is just the perks issue, nothing about lag, or spawns or anything else. Just the small battles dealing with choosing which perk you're going to use.

                                     

                                    Not a complaint, but this game has too much going on

                                      • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                                        Great post,

                                         

                                        And on the flip side there are absolutely worthless and horribly imbalanced perks such as extreme conditioning, dead silence, awareness and hard wired.

                                         

                                         

                                        ghamorra wrote:

                                         

                                        I'm constantly having to battle non-combat elements in order that I can't focus on actually playing the game. This is just the perks issue, nothing about lag, or spawns or anything else. Just the small battles dealing with choosing which perk you're going to use.

                                         

                                        Not a complaint, but this game has too much going on

                                        Perfectly sums up some of my feelings about this game particulary the last comment.

                                          • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.
                                            ghamorra

                                            Im_not_BukLau wrote:

                                             

                                            Great post,

                                             

                                            And on the flip side there are absolutely worthless and horribly imbalanced perks such as extreme conditioning, dead silence, awareness and hard wired.

                                            Dead Silence in other games was amazing for DOM and CTF. You could go for the objetive without the other team hearing about it. Not sure if this is still a valid advantage in Black Ops II as I'm so dependent on Engineering. I think Hard Wired and Cold Blooded should be combined. I see no value in a perk that only cancels out a single element that may or may not happen.

                                              • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                                                ghamorra wrote:


                                                I think Hard Wired and Cold Blooded should be combined. I see no value in a perk that only cancels out a single element that may or may not happen.

                                                Agreed.

                                                 

                                                I'm torn about extreme conditioning, on one hand I think it should be unlimited so it can compete with the strong tier 3 perks like engineer, tac mask and dexterity but on the other I think that unlimited sprint would be a nightmare to deal with due to lag (especially when combined with lightweigtht seeing as this game can't keep up with lightweight.)

                                      • Re: The only easy day... was yesterday.

                                        I say no, I played Modern Warfare and MW3 and was complete trash at both games, I have been getting a lot better at BO2 and I find if you stick to the outsides of the map and manage your gunfights to the type that best suits your gun you can do very well, the only connection problems I really have are in the extreme CQC where a LMG can hipfire and kill me before I get a shot off with my SMG.