37 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 11:12 PM by GoldenFAL RSS

Uprising No New Weapon

Well I guess there will be no new DLC weapon like last time. I wonder why? I would love a new weapon to play with, I thought adding new weapons would be the standard since it already started. I guess since the maps look better than the first DLC then they don't have to give a new weapon. More is always better

GoldenFAL
        • Test #1
          Re: Uprising No New Weapon

Because the Peacekeeper was already made before the game came out, so all they had to put it in as DLC.  It happens a lot things get scrapped before the game comes out and then later find their way to DLC.  Stadium from BO1 is an example.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 1:11 PM
            • Test #1

Yeah I learned about how they scrap ideas and guns from the game. I started out by playing W@W then didn't play a COD until BLOPS and MW3. I missed a few of the series so I never knew that guns were scraped until now.

I wonder if the camo's were already there and used it as micros instead of initial release.

I also wonder if all the map packs are already developed and they wait to release them, if this is so who knows maps could be being prepared for the next Black Ops and we would never know.

I understand that the peacekeeper was already made, but I see that the commando was a scraped gun for BLOP2 can that be added?

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 3:26 PM
                • Test #1

This is what happened in mw3 that upset alot of season pass holders at the time.

Think about it like this.. All maps you are getting in dlc are already on disc so basically your paying for those "dlc" maps twice. The 1200 msp you use is just to unlock it.. Pretty ridiculous.

How you can tell? Look at the size of the download.. If its less then 200kb for 4 multiplayer maps and a zombie map then they are already on disc.

4 maps Gould be just about a gig worth of download.

I've been buying dlc for years now.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 7:02 PM
                    • Test #1

randomhero204 wrote:

Think about it like this.. All maps you are getting in dlc are already on disc so basically your paying for those "dlc" maps twice. The 1200 msp you use is just to unlock it.. Pretty ridiculous.

Let's pretend you are correct.  If the DLC maps WERE in fact on the disc, hackers have already accessed the disc's files and have the maps playable from day one. 

And here's something else--I look at my hard drive and discover that each map pack is at least a few gigabytes.  If the maps are already on the disc, then why the excess data to download?  It doesn't make sense.

Realisitically, DLC content does NOT exist on the disc itself.  As mentioned before, if DLC content were on the disc, we would already know it. 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Last Edited: Apr 6, 2013 7:11 AM
                    • Test #1

Wow you missed out... BO, mw3 and WaW worst cods. Mw1 and 2 are best, bo2 is great too but cannot compare

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 1:25 PM
                    • Test #1

They could at least give us weapons from the campaign as multiplayer dlc. It's already in the game, and it would be easy to add to multiplayer.

I know that the AK-74 and 47 are in the campaign, and there is also a sniper rifle that is in the campaign but not the multiplayer.

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 4:47 PM
                    • Test #1

I would've really loved a new gun on Uprising.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 2:28 PM
                      • Test #1

Only hope left is if they have it free to everyone or part of some Micro DLC.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 2:30 PM
                          • Test #1

They will not do gun dlc as MT's for that would make the game pay to win and would be the wrong direction for the game to go and would annoy more players than it would make happy.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 4:12 PM
                              • Test #1

They've already done it somewhat with the Peacekeeper as far as "pay to win". I'm sure they're well aware that people would go crazy for a weapon whether it sucks or not. I would imagine anything else coming out would be free to everyone but taking that into consideration, I'd say it's not likely unless it was their plan from the beginning to try and keep things fresh.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 6:19 PM
                                  • Test #1

Not really, with that you got additional maps, not just a gun by itself and the PK is not really that great unless used in hc.

Any dlc that would be weapons only could unbalance the game too much forcing other players to buy the guns as well to keep on an even keel about what was aviable to use.

The PK barely changes the game at all.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 9:08 PM
                                      • Test #1

You're still paying for the ability to acquire a gun regardless of whether or not it's by itself. I don't see how adding another gun would throw anything out of balance. Like you said, the Peacekeepr barely changes the game at all, so how much could another gun really change much?

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 11:55 AM
                                          • Test #1

As individual guns quit a lot really for they would have to be worth buying so they would have to be better than the normal guns in the game it self. The PK was a toss in to finally shut people up who always asked for gun dlc all the time.

Either it comes with a map pack or not at all. And even then it has to be balanced out properly. Any gun that is better than standard would make the game pay to win and would piss off more people than it would make happy.

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 9:38 PM
                                  • Test #1

i new they would stop new weapons they only wanted to give 1 to shut people up me i aint bothered by new guns

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 3:00 PM
                                    • Test #1

I am so glad there isn't any new guns. Thank goodness.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 3:37 PM
                                      • Test #1

I had a feeling that once that add a weapon to a DLC one time people will expect it every time. Not a shocker.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 5:47 PM
                                        • Test #1

Cause too many kids cried about the peacekeeper.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 5:59 PM
                                          • Test #1

they dont always have to give us a weapon.. that was just a treat.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 7:48 PM
                                            • Test #1

They just havent announced it yet but only in zombies

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2013 9:21 PM
                                              • Test #1

Im kinda Socked there isn't a new Weapon in Uprising. I wouldve loved to see a New MG in Uprising like a Futurized RPK or someting I mean considering the success of the Peacekeeper, I would of taught that Threyarch would notice something, BUT all four Multiplayer Maps look like pretty Awesome Maps tough. Thanks Threyarch.....ZOMBIES.....My ow my doees this look awesome

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 11:47 AM
                                                • Test #1

Peacekeeper sucks, if a new weapon is going to be another variation on high/low damage at fast/slow speed, then who cares?  New weapon DLC needs to add a new experience, peacekeeper completely failed at that.

I've said it before, Gotham City Impostors DLC added new weapons and equipment that totally changed the game, and it wasn't unbalanced.  If you didn't buy it, then you couldn't use it, but nobody uses every single gun anyway. 

I'm not saying guns should be separate DLC, as I've already paid enough for this game and season pass, just that having access to 1-4 more guns than other people does not equate to imbalance.

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 11:56 AM
                                                  • Test #1

give a man an apple once he'll be grateful. Give a man a second apple and he'll want an orchard.

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 12:37 PM
                                                    • Test #1

I think they'll give us some super gun in the very last DLC. Try to keep us from jumping to MW whatever they're gonna call it. Ghosts?

Last Edited: Apr 5, 2013 12:43 PM
                                                      • Test #1

You have to remember that the consoles have been around since 2005.  The hardware is severely outdated to the point where memory becomes an issue.

The reason why the Peacekeeper and the DLC customizations were released was due to the little amount of memory left over--intentionally or not, I cannot be sure.

With that being said, the chances of having future weapons via DLC is slim.  Maybe more DLC camos, but still doubtful.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Last Edited: Apr 6, 2013 7:15 AM
                                                          • Test #1

and how you explain BF3 then.

maps are 10x bigger then BO2 maps more players per map more weapons to chose from.

and yet BF3 came with whole DLCs containing guns.

im not saying BF3 is an amazing game infact i hate the game completly but that doesnt mean it isnt an great example for these kinda of things.

new guns can easely be added since BF3 had better graphics bigger maps more guns more players per map so yeah 3arc is being lazy once more and more people wanna kill david trollerhaar.

Last Edited: Apr 6, 2013 9:36 AM
                                                              • Test #1

Here's a quote from Mark Rubin:

the main issue is RAM. All of the weapons, characters, models, textures, and geo have to live in RAM. There is only 512 [MB] on the consoles. The problem then is adding weapons adds memory, and there isn’t much or any left.”

Battlefield 3 has DLC due to the amount of ram not being fully used.  The amount of textures in BF3's console graphics pale in comparison to Call of Duty, which is why BF3's armory can be expanded.  The maps don't use as much memory, because it's more of a focus upon storage space.

Lastly, stop ranting about a company being lazy and hating a man who you never met in person and know nothing about.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Last Edited: Apr 6, 2013 10:29 AM
                                                            • Test #1

Treyarc. Where's my M16?

Last Edited: Apr 6, 2013 10:54 AM
                                                              • Test #1

Since they are releasing a new trailer for mob of the dead tomorrow they also might release a new gun announcement tomorrow as well

Last Edited: Apr 6, 2013 8:20 PM