21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 11:17 AM by GulfCoastGirl Branched to a new discussion. RSS

MOTD? how is it?

madgamesss

in my oppinon it sucks **** because i don't know how to survive past wave 10. theres no where to run a train or anything

• Re: MOTD? how is it?

lol buy a weapon then ha aha ha ha

theatriks

madgamesss wrote:

because i don't know how to survive past wave 10.

Well...that sounds like a reason you suck...not the map.

madgamesss

nah i got to wave 25 now. it still sucks. why because i would love more weapons,traps,new ideas then a bigger map. plus i would love a better easter egg that adds more to the storyline

theatriks

madgamesss wrote:

nah i got to wave 25 now. it still sucks. why because i would love more weapons,traps,new ideas then a bigger map. plus i would love a better easter egg that adds more to the storyline

It's got the most new weapons and greatest variety of traps that any map has ever seen.

There's so much new about this map in comparison to every other map it's ridiculous.

ZOMBIESL8ERKILROYTYANDEM

I love MOTD, my solo record is 20 and even then i had to quit. As for co-op my record is 17 but my friend had something urgent he had to do and he was the host.

Zombiefaces

Sounds like you suck Richard. The map is awesome. There is a thing called strategy, might wanna come up with a good one.

This map is definitely a huge solo challenge. That's fun though right? If it was easy people would be crying at how easy it was. There is a thread about getting 6k points in the first round, try that strategy, should help.

GulfCoastGirl

madgamesss wrote:

in my oppinon it sucks **** because i don't know how to survive past wave 10. theres no where to run a train or anything

I like the map but there are some things I don't care for.

1.  I don't like PAP on the bridge.  Part of the fun of high round recovery is being able to buy guns on the run and PAP them.  It's too much hassle to keep collecting the gas cans after the first trip if you need to go again.  If another player is holding onto a can you know who it is but you can't force them to bring the can to the plane so you're pretty much screwed if someone has one and you need to PAP.  They still could have used the bridge for something cool but I just HATE the PAP being there.

2.  Too many doors that you have to buy for too much money.

3.  I don't like Brutus destroying the box & perk machines. 

4.  I feel like the Tommy gun upgraded should hold more Ammo

5.  No Galvas?  That sucks!

6.  I feel like they should have had a prison "yard" with more room to run.  They could have made it with no wall guns so you would still have to leave.

7.  Not enough Max Ammo drops.  I think we went 3 rounds without seeing one... come on!

8.  I don't like not having Mule Kick and I found Electric Cherry worthless.

In fairness there are lots of things I just love.

1.  The Tomahawk.  Love the concept. Love that all players can carry it.  Love that you can hold the LT for a bit to give it a bigger charge before you throw it.  Love that it retrieves power ups.  It's weaker in the higher rounds but still nice to have.

2.  Love how the Uzi is located in many locations so you can refill ammo in multiple places.  I wish the Tommy Gun were the same way.

3.  I like the Afterlife mode but I do wish  you could accumulate them to hold up to 3. 

4.  Love the new Zombie Shield.... way better than the one in TranZit.

5.  I like how everyone shares and can see the inventory.  I also like how you can pickup multiple pieces to the Zombie Shield and ANY player can build it once all pieces are in the inventory.

6.  I like the Gondola but I don't think it should cost 750 points every time you want to use it.  You can ride for free if you have players at both ends as it doesn't cost anything to "Call" it.  So if you have a good team you can get on in either location and have players at the other end call it.  Free ride!  Still.... sometimes that can't be coordinated so 750 per sucks.  The bus and elevators in the other maps didn't cost us money!

Overall I do like the map, but it isn't really living up to the hype and, IMO it's obvious  it wasn't developed by the Zombie dev team.

That sucks that the dev team decided to once again force us to work together in order to bring up pack a punch. Remember Shangri-La or Moon? I just wanted to wring people's necks for acting like d*cks. There's a reason why some maps were the best, and it was because you could pack a punch on your own without having to wait on people, especially when they're being arseholes about it.

@ GulfCoastGirl - How much ammo does the Speakeasy hold exactly? Is the Electric Cherry really that bad?

GulfCoastGirl

Medieval-X wrote:

That sucks that the dev team decided to once again force us to work together in order to bring up pack a punch. Remember Shangri-La or Moon? I just wanted to wring people's necks for acting like d*cks. There's a reason why some maps were the best, and it was because you could pack a punch on your own without having to wait on people, especially when they're being arseholes about it.

@ GulfCoastGirl - How much ammo does the Speakeasy hold exactly? Is the Electric Cherry really that bad?

The Speakeasy only has 450 rounds (WTF????).  I really felt it should be more like the Actuated Neutralizer which has 650 rounds.  I seriously feel like they ripped us off on this one!

I don't care for Electric Cherry as it didn't seem to really kill much.  It just seems more of a zap to the zombies past the early rounds.  Plus it's annoying to see a player buzzing every time they re-load.  Some people like it... I'm just not one of them.  Speed Cola is fine for me so I went for Deadshot Daiquiri as my forth perk instead.

One more thing you have to watch out for in people trolling..... if a player uses afterlife intentionally to turn something on or open a door.... another player can revive their body before they are done which is brutal.  We had one guy (a no mic'er) who kept reviving a player who was trying to turn on a perk machine.  I don't know (since he had no mic) if he was doing it intentionally or honestly thought the player was down but after a few times I had to go stand in front of my teammate who was using afterlife to prevent the other douchebag from reviving him again.

CobaltBluGirl

One more thing you have to watch out for in people trolling..... if a player uses afterlife intentionally to turn something on or open a door.... another player can revive their body before they are done which is brutal.  We had one guy (a no mic'er) who kept reviving a player who was trying to turn on a perk machine.  I don't know (since he had no mic) if he was doing it intentionally or honestly thought the player was down but after a few times I had to go stand in front of my teammate who was using afterlife to prevent the other douchebag from reviving him again.

I haven't played with randoms yet, but at the end of the day my thought was "playing this map with randoms is gonna SUCK!" Is it worse than Die Rise or does the new buildable system make it better overall?

GulfCoastGirl

CobaltBluGirl wrote:

I haven't played with randoms yet, but at the end of the day my thought was "playing this map with randoms is gonna SUCK!" Is it worse than Die Rise or does the new buildable system make it better overall?

I really like the new buildable system where you share inventory and  can see who is holding a part.  Ultimately though you can't make someone bring fuel or a plane part to the plane.  Not too worried about the initial build of the plane because everyone needs to PAP so you know it's going to get built.... but the follow up with gas cans is terrible.  IMO they should have made it where follow up trips happen like this:

You board the plane first then depending on how many people board, you need that many gas cans to go.  So if a player on the run needs to go they can board the plane and use their one can and go.  If 2 players board, they both have to have 2 gas cans..... etc. etc.  That way one player wouldn't be able to hold out on the team.

I'm sure there is faults in that too but I just don't like the way it currently is.

In a game I played yesterday I made 3 trips around the map myself to find and load gas cans on the plane.... only to be left behind when the last player brought a can.  WTF?  I don't want to be the douchebag player holding onto a can but if that sh*t continues I guess I will be so I don't get left behind

CobaltBluGirl

Can you only pick up one can at a time in co-op?

GulfCoastGirl

CobaltBluGirl wrote:

Can you only pick up one can at a time in co-op?

Yep.  I tried to pick up multiple cans but it always told me I already had one so I had to go put the fuel on the plane then go back for another can.

You CAN however pick up multiple Zombie Shield parts in co-op... which is wierd, but nice.

I guess it's because once the ZS inventory is full ANYONE can go to the table and build it (regardless if they found a part or not) but with the plane, every player can only hold one part or one gas can at a time and has to put it on the plane.   That makes sense because otherwise one guy could just camp on the roof and wait for everyone to gather the parts in inventory and then build the thing and leave the others behind.

The whole thing could be solved if PAP wasn't on the bridge or at the very least moved around the map... maybe on a timer system like COTD.

CobaltBluGirl

Yep.  I tried to pick up multiple cans but it always told me I already had one so I had to go put the fuel on the plane then go back for another can.

That's a bummer. when I got to the refueling bit, my reaction was "oh this sucks, I gotta fetch fuel from all the part locations to go back to PaP?" Then once I realized I could carry all 5 at once "well, it's not SO bad, one trip around."

Guess I'm back to "oh this sucks" At least 4 people should make much shorter work of it. But then, like you said, you have to worry about being left behind.

GulfCoastGirl

CobaltBluGirl wrote:

That's a bummer. when I got to the refueling bit, my reaction was "oh this sucks, I gotta fetch fuel from all the part locations to go back to PaP?" Then once I realized I could carry all 5 at once "well, it's not SO bad, one trip around."

Guess I'm back to "oh this sucks" At least 4 people should make much shorter work of it. But then, like you said, you have to worry about being left behind.

What's really funny is that I saw a YouTube video of the PAP machine in the cell block and I got all excited thinking there was a way to move it and I just hadn't figured it out yet.  Then I noticed that Double Tap was also there on the same cell block (instead of down before the tunnel) and realized the video was of a game of Grief.  DANGIT! 

electric cherry is an awesome perk helped me when i cant reload clip or run out of an ammo clip or magazine or whatever shocks the zombis gives me a chance also given me a chance when i get stuck if i do when reloading in a corner or something the pap i dont mind so much where it is the map over all once powered up is fairly easy the greatest map ive ever seen is there anything you do like?? no knuckles sucks but people wanted the original feel of a map with basics but new additions i dont see whats wrong with the map as such but 2 each is own lol

GulfCoastGirl

zombyeslayer87 wrote:

is there anything you do like??

Yes, the post you responded to also has a list of the things I really love about the map.  I never said I didn't like the map, only that there were some things I didn't like and some that I did like a lot.  I do feel it was a bit over-hyped.... but that's just my personal opinion, nothing for anyone to get defensive about.

I happen to not like Electric Cherry, it's not a big deal, I'd just rather run with DD over EC as my 4th perk.  They give us 5 so we have a choice.... not everyone is going to have the same preferences

GulfCoastGirl said:

Overall I do like the map, but it isn't really living up to the hype and, IMO it's obvious it wasn't developed by the Zombie dev team.

Aww really?! As a PS3 player I'm eager to play and it looks awesome. The thing that sucks though is it's going to release right when I have my major exams - couldn't be any more inconvinient.

I've seen this floating around about it not being dev'd by the zombie team. Is this so? Why and where's the evidence?!

GulfCoastGirl

Bloated-Monkey wrote:

I've seen this floating around about it not being dev'd by the zombie team. Is this so? Why and where's the evidence?!

I have no actual proof but I've read about it in several places including this thread http://www.callofduty.com/message/414336889 on this forum. 

Beyond that... the feel of it to me screams MP.  In the other zombie maps I've played I was able to Perk up, Gun up and find a spot and hold down for 3-5 rounds without having to leave for anything.  In this map I don't think I stayed in one spot for more than one round because I was always bringing gas to the plane or having to find the box for a new gun because I was out of ammo so fast or doing some other sh*t.  

Don't get me wrong... running around is fun too but sometimes I just like to be able to hold a spot for a few rounds without running around the whole map.