37 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 6:30 PM by Troll-Arch-inc RSS

Mob of the Dead story.

matuzz

On stormy New Years Eve in 1933 four prisoners in Alcatraz start their escape plan that was plotted by Albert Arlington. Their plan was to escape the island with a improvised aircraft. No such plane had ever been build in result the groups escape plan ended failing. Because of this the other prisoners Finn O'Leary, Salvatore DeLuca and Billy Handsome were left with rancor towards Arlington and decided to revenge.

Armed with prison shanks they lured Albert to the roof. And on the stormy New Years Eve Albert was murdered on the cold prison roof. The three collaborates on the murder were sentenced to death by electric chairs. On morning of January 19th 1934 the execution order was carried out ending the lives of these prisoners.

On the map itself we are in a loop recreating the events of that New Years Eve. A powerful thing controlling the zombies keeps resetting that same day until Arlington survives. For reasons yet unknown its crucial for this monster that Albert "Weasel" Arlington doesn't die in their escape plan. When Arlington finally succeeds in his plan and kills the others the CYCLE is broken.

• Re: Mob of the Dead story.
          DeathBringer-Zen

Nice mate. It seems that the Weasel is an important factor to the mysterious force controlling the zombies, and it could very well be Richtofen.

Perhaps Arlington goes on to do something in the future that is a factor in the forming of Group 935, and the rift in time is upsetting the events of the past, to the point where they could even change, affecting future events.

Maybe it is the Devil that is in control, and something in this timeline could affect HIS ability to reign in the future.

Either way, there is something to this story that is KEY to the events leading up to the original story taking place.

Funny how these rifts in time have been known to us since the explorers got trapped in Shangri La, now most of the maps stories are playing out "Groundhog Day" scenario's?

matuzz

Weasel also keeps hearing Nikolai's name in his head. So Albert is very important character for the future. I can see him teaming up with Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yes, I have heard him say the quote "Nikolai... why do I keep hearing that name?".

When we were Easter Egging it up last night, Jaysta thought he heard Richtofen speak around the Dock's, but we never explored it properly.

It does seem like the higher power is determained to keep Weasel alive, so it must have a baring on the story somehow.

Wonder if it will be revealed in another DLC story, or if it is going to be one of those ones where we have to just make it up ourselves.

I am sure there is more to this Easter Egg than just these possible endings. There was no ingame reward, unless we are to count the BluderGat as the reward!?!

Strange, seeing as we get it before we end the quest.

Troll-Arch-inc

hey actually yur theory of weasel going to do something with 935 is dumb

Cheesegrater28

My take on the map is that the events on the map all seem to take place in a never ending form of hell or Purgatory. So while in their minds its still the 30s when they died, time doesn't seems to be an issue. It very well could just be going on at the same time as the rest of the story and they are ghosts stuck there, kind of like Beetlejuice or The Others. That's why we can select the map from the same blown up Earth screen as the other maps. Also explains why the perk machines and guns end up there. When modern things were created by Richtofen and others and then manipulated by the higher power by putting them in the box and what not, they end up in this realm he has created to torture the dead. 

So they aren't really fighting zombies, but some kind of demons or whatever, wherever they really are. Which would be one explanation for the eyes being red. So zombies were never really on the Island, but somehow they are in this hell like place

The EE might be a way for Al's ghost or soul to escape from the island, since he is the only one who might not be a murderer. He isn't meant to serve the hell that the others are in, so whatever the higher power is that is punishing the others, is trying to get him out. Not sure what the significance of him appearing in a future map could be, but they do leave it open for him to reemerge into the story with the other characters.

formallyKNOWNasLukey

im just throwing this out there.... as a rule of thumb for time travel, if you change points in history, you change the present.....maybe die rise and tranzit could change from him living

And... What if Arlington is "him" from Tranzit?

I think you guys are over-hyping Arther Arlington because you can also kill him to get the break the cycle achievement.

The main point (in terms of story) of this map is to merely show how the rift / current happenings in the zombies story is having a major effect on the past, I have a feeling they may release another of these "scenarios" where what has already happened changes.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_%28mode%29/Story

This storyline seems legit it says he was the first to create zombies. Sounds better and makes sense

Why the voices (demons) want's to keep Arlington alive? I think he will be a key in future maps...
                            After we complete the EE we know that zombies never exist in alcatraz and the inmates actualy were one step closer to hell (purgatory). The "dog" actually may be the Cerberus (The guardian of the Hell) and the zombies is demons. I think the voice wants to go to the earth and rule over all. Maybe the Vril ya is the demons. Arlington is the chosen one of the voices for some reason and we will know in the future.

Ok, for all of you trying to connect MOTD to the new zombies storyline, stop. You won't get anywhere, because it doesn't tie in. This is a free standing map. Treyarch wanted to tell a great story, and they did that very well, but it wasn't meant to tie in. The reasoning is that, when the number "115" is put into the number panel, the numbers shift to "666", Satan's number, and a voice is heard saying "not this time". This means that MOTD is occuring in Hell, and the characters are being forced to relive the night of their death, as a way of paying back the debt of their sins. There is nothing to connect it to the regular storyline. Element 115 is not in any way involved. It is simply a psychological thriller, meant to provide the fans with a great story that returns to the roots of zombies. I salute Treyarch for this, as this is the most fun map so far, with the most fulfilling easter egg.

Ok, for all of you trying to connect MOTD to the new zombies storyline, stop. You won't get anywhere, because it doesn't tie in. This is a free standing map. Treyarch wanted to tell a great story, and they did that very well, but it wasn't meant to tie in. The reasoning is that, when the number "115" is put into the number panel, the numbers shift to "666", Satan's number, and a voice is heard saying "not this time". This means that MOTD is occuring in Hell, and the characters are being forced to relive the night of their death, as a way of paying back the debt of their sins. There is nothing to connect it to the regular storyline. Element 115 is not in any way involved. It is simply a psychological thriller, meant to provide the fans with a great story that returns to the roots of zombies. I salute Treyarch for this, as this is the most fun map so far, with the most fulfilling easter egg.

matuzz

Well there is Pack-a-Punch and Perks, they all utilize 115. Just becomes it doesn't happen in this world doesn't mean the "devil" and Arlington can't have part on this story now or later.

Not to forget the original Pack-a-Punch camo had devil in it.

This all over.

people have done every achievement and explored all over the map, there is nothing Indicating this connects to the main storyline. Yes there is a picture of the Tower of Babel but thats it. When Weasel mentions he's hearing Nikolais name, it's just the developers poking fun at the community blabbling on about how the original crew is the best...

It is some kind of hell, the deep dark voice is that of Brutus, and the demomic announcer is Samantha (which makes no sense)

Billarason

Your story seems logical but how you know it's New Years Eve?

I am thinking that this afterlife is some sort of ether like environment. Just a thought.

madgamesss

one question. if it is new years. then wouldnt the fireworks go off at 12(mid night)? There are clocks in map that show that it is not midnight so could it be Forth of July?

I think that this is one of the most interesting zombies stories.  I really love how they set this up and the story that they had put behind it.  But, since there was a zombie outbreak, how were the other prisoners killed? Or did they kill all of the zombies, and outside of Alcatraz everything was normal?  The whole story of this map confused me except the story of the prisoners escaping.  Please help me undertsand this.

I think that this is one of the most interesting zombies stories.  I really love how they set this up and the story that they had put behind it.  But, since there was a zombie outbreak, how were the other prisoners killed? Or did they kill all of the zombies, and outside of Alcatraz everything was normal?  The whole story of this map confused me except the story of the prisoners escaping.  Please help me undertsand this.

Still don't get why they put three people to death for killing one guy...