18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2013 3:23 PM by VelvetUnicor RSS

3arch you win -- just switched to Xbox

Momba1

The title says it all. 3arch + Microsoft = Death of PC for CoD. Now all I've got to do is get use to that damn controller.

Fired-up my PC copy of BLOP2 and in some core game modes ZERO (0) players. Definition of CrAzY is to expect PC support.

• Re: 3arch you win -- just switched to Xbox

I also might just buy a xbox to play with my friends, and also because the game is dead on PC.

No Momba, not you... Why? Whyyyyy?

Momba1

ANS - Too few players on PC; example:

Core: 70,000+ Xbox vs 1,900 PC ; 36+ times the number of players

^ That's why. 3arch needs to understand what's a good setup i.e. playlist for the Xbox is NOT necessarily a good playlist for the PC. There's little doubt that this 2XP Weapon weekend with Nuketown will have a lot of players, but the millisecond it's gone the numbers will be down to nothing all over again.

Sry to say this but in my eyes a PC player cant be happy on a console. Cuz the graphic sux hard and your aim is just **** just like the speed of the look. Also the xbox controller is much worse than the PS 3 controller cuz its much larger lol.

I think ppl should stay on PC just maybe another game or  hope that private servers will arrive (like dedicated just without steam and no rank up system)

I know this cuz good friends of mine play xbox and ps3... both sux but ps3 is better. (xbox has costs to play online xDD)

I hope the PC community will be rebuild , i dont think this will happen in CoD but hope in a new better non 3arc shooter.

€: And dont think there are no Cheaters .. both system Ps3 like xbox has them...   in my eyes even more but ok there are also more player

Very big change indeed. But matches are the point of the game, so it's a fair point I assume.

It's been a pleasure foruming with you.

I'm sorry that one is already gone; (Just like my prescriber has already written you'll have no fun ... there.

Only noobs running around here. Starting with auto aim, this is not exactly what I mean by skill.

Momba1

Well I almost never play on the Xbox and pff I only managed one game with a positive KDR, now if I had a Keyboard & Mouse -- oh yeah, but since I (painfully) clearly have no coordination yet with the Controller I was a bumbling OMG Noob playing last night. Circus music please.

Never once did I have a problem getting into any match. Ran the PC BO2 and in many Core games still (0) ZERO players. Host Migration is infrequent, but it's that or no players; not to mention PC hackers. So each side has its pros & cons. I was playing on a 55" (1920x1080 HD) LED TV and the graphics surprisingly weren't bad at all, plus I had a lot fun playing split screen with my daughter. She has the upper hand with a Controller...

Had a thread locked asking about KB/Mouse -> http://community.callofduty.com/message/414352356 but then I had a flood of PM's telling me they're okay and lots of suggestions and links.

Assuming Nuketown is 24/7 for 2XP Weapons I'll play on the PC, and if they can fix the PC player count on the PC sure I'll play on the PC -- might even buy the next DLC.

If you have to get a console to play CoD then it's not worth playing anymore.

The massive playercount on consoles may allow matchmaking to find less laggy games, but overall it is still a nightmare. There is still alot of lag overall, host migrations and disconnects, lots of time spent waiting in lobbies, extremely chaotic and uncivilized gameplay (especially racist children and intentional teamkillers) modded (hacked) lobbies.... It's hardly a "better" experience, it's just slightly less laggy.

The idiots in charge at Activision are throwing the franchise in the garbage by downgrading the PC version to the "Xbox experience" and dismissing us. Especially when you consider how weak and overpriced the next-gen consoles are rumored to be so far.

Momba1

Trust me -- it was a 100% act of total frustration. Pff ... I'd look like an idiot disagreeing with anything you've said.

All I want is to play the frigging game without a bunch of cheaters and the operative word is play, if there's no one in a lobby to play -- what do you do? I guess find a different game...

WhiskeyDex

Weak? The ps3 is packed with 8gb of gddr5. The best you can get on pc is still currently ddr3.  A 1.6ghz CPU is not a limiting factor if the developers properly spread the load across 8 physical cores. As for the GPU... There is no pc comparison that can be made right now. It is just a chip that shares ram with the cpu. Nothing like that has ever existed before. What exactly is it "weak" in comparison to?

Graphics on consoles is **** and old.

And " aim assist " cmon rly ?

shooter on consoles  ?

No way...........

(sry 4 bad englisch)

WhiskeyDex

I was just playing skyrim on my ps3. The graphics were pretty tough to look at and i roll a sword wielding nord because of the thumbsticks. For a gimped down 6+ year old 7900gt though, it looked breath taking. To be perfectly honest..... I stopped thinking about the graphics within 5 minutes and was just playing skyrim. If i wanted to drop dragons by bow i guess i would have to go purchase one of the many $60 mouse & keyboard/analog combos available on console.

The reason you have ddr3 in your motherboard is because the cpu wouldnt be able to take advantage of the extra speed ddr5 would offer.  thats why graphics cards have ddr5, because they need that extra ram speed.  Faster ram in the actual motherboard would only really make a difference with integrated graphics and those amd apu chips because they share the memory between the cpu and gpu; thats when the higher speed memory (1866,2000+) actually comes to good use.  The highest speed memory that you put into the motherboard is ddr3, but the most recent graphics cards have ddr5 for the same reason the new consoles will.  I feel they will be rather immpressive on the same token.

WhiskeyDex

Yah i am not thinking they are going to out-perform PC by any means. It is looking like a new era of console though to be honest, for sony anyways. Designed by a game developer. I just mentioned the ram it has because it would have been very cheap to stick in 4gb ddr3 for the cpu and 1.5gb dedicated vram. They are pushing all in though

Also, all tech talk aside, i know  i would upgrade my mobo/cpu/ram set up right now if a new socket type released that supported gddr5. Even for just future proof reasons. To be honest that is what i am waiting on. Still rocking my oc'd i7-930 here, for 3 full years now lol.

Very true. They definitely appear to be going all out this time, and i bet it'l pay off.  I can't even imagine what games are going to look like near the end of the new console's life cycle, cause for all I know they could be using those 8 gig of ddr5 for all they're worth much as they are doing with the current gen consoles, and i can't even fathom the level of textures we're gonna be seeing with that.  I think it'd be neat to benchmark the new systems with similar programs to what they use on pc's to see what the equivalent computer build would be to the new consoles.  I bet it'd be a real interesting read.