34 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 7:45 PM by dustycrow RSS

LMG ft. target finder!?! COME ON SON!

This is some n00b piece of work, and I have no shame in telling you that I just used it and probably will using it for a lil bit longer!

I mean I'm tired of rushing and running around, I can just sit back and scope in a lil bit and just let them things go off!

This is cheating if you ask me! And I've been playing this game for 2 weeks and I actually just found out it really works!

What is your opinion about this combo!? LMG ft target finder.

• Test #1
          Re: LMG ft. target finder!?! COME ON SON!

Depends how many people are running Cold Blooded because the scope gives you 40 degrees Field of View.  In MW3 Marksman with a suppressed ACR was ridiculous according to a lot of people.  Barely touched the ACR myself as I loved the M4 a lot so I never had experience of this.  The MP7 was decent with Marksman though.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 3:19 AM
            • Test #1

Marksman was possiby the most powerful perk in that game, excluding Assassin. It was useful on everything, including my Model 1887 class. (It helped me locate where people were. Vital for a shotgun)

Anyway OP, I use LMG's with Dual band scope, sometimes with Variable Zoom on top. It has slightly more recoil (Noticable at longer ranges), looks stupid and gets little to no hate. Perfect for me.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 6:39 AM
              • Test #1

ACR/Attachments/Suppressor/Hybrid with Blind Eye/Assassin/Marksman Pro was friggin ridiculous. I would go like 25-2 on Mission with that setup. It's how I finally got The Mastodon calling card.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 10:13 AM
              • Test #1

It's never the gun or attachment, it's the user hands down.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 4:48 AM
                • Test #1

I like to use the HAMR with iron sight FMJ and quickdraw. I move around a lot but I like the firepower and still having a chance in close quarters and long range. can't stand sitting still aiming at one place I'd  feel like a huge piggy if I Did.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 7:12 AM
                  • Test #1

TF + LMG is very strong.  Smoke grenades + Dual band is even stronger on smaller maps, in objective game types. 

If you've played Studio in Ground War lately, then you've no doubt seen a lot of smoke + dual band being used.  It can be quite frustrating if you don't have a class setup to see through smoke.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 7:15 AM
                    • Test #1

I've been running no attachements on my LSW, trying to get it gold and scary enough I get hit markers! I use the Hamr with TF and its liek 2 shot drops!? That makes no sense lol

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 7:37 AM
                      • Test #1

Just like the shotgun, I loved it for like one weekend. Then i got bored and moved on to another gun. It's not that much fun when you're using OP stuff. I'd rather be popping out of cover with a Skorpion and hosing somebody, or flushing the sniper out of a window on Standoff with an M8A1 or a SCAR.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 8:01 AM
                        • Test #1

TF does nothing for me, its a useless piece of equipment and only good in the hands of a really good player who has patience, luckily for me the only people I see using it are noobs with a bad aim.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 8:20 AM
                          • Test #1

Try LSAT, Dual Band, Smoke and Scavenger. It's like you're playing a different game than everyone else. A game on easy with really bad AI.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 9:22 AM
                            • Test #1

It is quite cheap in my opinion.  I would like it if there was a delay on the targets actually showing up after being spotted.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 10:07 AM
                              • Test #1

LMG with Target Finger...for noobs?  You don't say!  I guess I better switch to my Assault Rifle--with a Target Finder! *trollface*

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 10:16 AM
                                • Test #1

What an original topic.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 10:17 AM
                                  • Test #1

It is an attachment that can be easily countered by just using a perk. So nope not a problem at all in the game. Sounds like you just do not want to use the perk meant to counter it.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 10:37 AM
                                      • Test #1

You're missing the point, I don't have anything against it.. I just "found out" about it using it myself!

If I end up going 30+ kills and only 2 or 3 deaths each game I think it's worth a topic to say what I want to say about it!

Not to sound cocky but I consider myself a SKILLED player, so I know what's up!

THIS RIGHT HERE is NOT what's up! Yeah I could do it all day long but it takes away the fun, you're getting lazy and it takes no skill!

It's like a MP40 with rounddrum (for those who still remember) but this time you can spot enemies like snipers do AND they have a marker around them!

I'm not getting killed too many times by them they be upset about it, I'm just saying this because I find it sooo cheap!

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 5:57 PM
                                      • Test #1

Well, it is quite the gun combo!Haha but in the end you paid for the game . . .

Last Edited: Apr 20, 2013 1:09 AM
                                        • Test #1

It's not cheating in the true sense of the word, but it is "cheating."

You just move your gun around, and human reaction time is lessened when that diamond pops up and you don't have to take even the tiniest of moments to process information about the enemy. It's, see diamond... Fire!!

It's kind of nice if you're zoned out and not seeing straight. Let the attachment do the work. Kinda lazy, kinda nooby, but since it's easy to counter, I don't b!tch about it too much.

Last Edited: Apr 20, 2013 1:41 AM
                                          • Test #1

One thing I learnt from playing COD is that if you find yourself against players who're using those setups that you hate, just use it yourself. The devs aren't going to remove it from the game.

I don't like the TF myself but I just counter it with Cold Blooded, spam EMP's or use a class similar to them and take them on.

Last Edited: Apr 20, 2013 3:15 AM
                                            • Test #1

Overpowered?

At long range any class with cold blooded works fine.

At closer ranges the effectiveness of it starts to dissapear.

Basically, just stick cold blooded on. If you don't use cold blooded, then there you have no right to complain.

Last Edited: Apr 20, 2013 3:48 AM
                                              • Test #1

I'm finally working the target finder challenge (in my tenth prestige) and I agree with you.  Since the game came out I thought the TF was cheap and since I was getting killed a lot by people using the LMG/TF combo, I started running cold blooded on nearly every class to counter it.  I still do.

But man, using TF on my LMGs feels like cheating.  You can just hang back and rack them up.  After using this for a while I became concered with losing my skills at spotting enemies without the TF. 

After I finish the TF challenge, I will probably keep one class for LMG/TF as a go to when I run up against enemies using the TF -- take it out for an occaisional spin.  It actually does feel good to dish out some TF/LMG love after being killed so much by this combo.  It's still cheap and will not be my main battle class.  Too easy.

Last Edited: Apr 20, 2013 1:49 PM
                                                • Test #1

The target finder is not marksman. Marksman only would show a person's name, this game already does that for you and assassin (MW3's ghost) would disable that perk and keep you hidden from uav. Now the difference is that the target finder puts a big red box on your opponent, zooms in enough to be comparable with an Acog sight, and isn't countered with ghost. On top of that it also reduces recoil and that's a fact so it's useless to challange that point. Even if you run cold-blooded (which not many people do) the person with the target finder still has the advantage with less recoil. Some will say "well you don't have peripherals when you zoom in," but how many times with no sight do you aim with the left trigger and don't have your eye right down the sights? Also 9/10 times the person with the target finder whatever gun it may be on, is camping behind a headglitch or in a building window scoped in waiting for people.

Last Edited: Apr 20, 2013 4:19 PM
                                                  • Test #1

shock charges/target finders are just two peices off equipment to better camping -_- and then lms are ******* OP as hell although I like the Hamr w/ iron sights and quick draw / stock . mk48 users #kill yourself

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 7:36 PM
                                                    • Test #1

all in all i absolutely hate target finders XD on any gun it just annoys the hell out of me the sight seems useless to me. people ***** over it alot but i see the camper so i can duck for cover but on using it *groans* not even in zombies will i use it im more of a acog or zoom kinda guy maby iron sight depending on the gun. foregrip + acog/zoom + quickdraw = my op combo

Last Edited: Oct 8, 2013 7:45 PM