7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 12:05 AM by Blake_II Branched to a new discussion. RSS

MotD makes me physically sick, but one thing I don't like...

This map is absolutely repulsive and I wish Treyarch never made it. I can't walk in the creepy body room with the washer without wincing because it's just too horrific for me for some reason. The zombies are also really freaky and the atmosphere is really just...dark. Really ******* dark.

But what I don't like is why is it magically like this? Yeah, these guys just so happened to escape and then BAM, zombies, that doesn't explain where these magical corpses came from or why everything's destroyed. It's almost as if the bodies are just decoration, rather than Alcatraz victims or something. It should have already been like this somehow, just so the atmosphere feels more authentic.

Treyarch really went all out on this map, didn't they? 10/10

anoreo
        • Test #1
          Re: MotD makes me physically sick, but one thing I don't like...

For a second there I thought this was gonna be your generic rage post, but I see you enjoy the map and love it as much as I do, hehe and this is Nazi Zombies, you should know by now you won't get any explantion on anything as illogical as "how did the enviorment get destroyed so fast" ?

Last Edited: Apr 18, 2013 9:18 PM
          • Test #1

thats how its supposed to be they brought back the old feeling everyone wanted a scary dark atmosphere was there intention and what are you 12?? to be so scared?? it doesnt even bother me but then im used 2 killing zombies and also im not a kid lol. its a game man its not even real so whats the need to find it repulsive or scary?? some parts are scary but why you have so much fear for that room is beyond me but ok lol. you wish they never made it? your comments about it contradict each other

Last Edited: Apr 18, 2013 9:24 PM
            • Test #1

The reason the map is so dark, twisted and creepy is due to the story. If you do the easter egg, you will learn that all four characters were dead all along. This is their hell, which they are damned to repeat over and over. There are several clues which make this obvious: the afterlife mode, hell hounds (hell's retriever), the zombies have red eyes and barbed wire covering their flesh, there is literally a huge hole to hell (look straight down when standing next to the Electric Cherry perk machine) etc.

Last Edited: Apr 18, 2013 10:28 PM
              • Test #1

I enjoy the map very much. it is a great challenge... I would never give it a 10/10 simply because it ties into the Z story in no way shape or form... A 7 at most... Minus 1 more point for the stupid EE that has no point to it, and no indication in public matches that you have indeed completed it... 6/10 in my book... They designed that map so well, though... Unfortunately, Z team time was put into the next DLCs, but the single player team did a great job on this map...

Last Edited: Apr 18, 2013 11:16 PM
                  • Test #1

This map has a lot more to do with the storyline than you think. It tells us that a demon from hell was controlling the zombies since way back when. Samantha was never in control of the zombies, instead this demon ended up posessing samantha after that experiment that went wrong with richtofen and dr. maxis in the future. Somehow, this opened up a way for the demon to escape from hell and posess samantha when she teleported to the moon.

Zombie's weren't actually IN the real alcatraz but instead MOTD is the mob's own hell. It's a cycle that can never be finished therefore the mob will suffer by going through the same cycle over and over again. This is there hell.

Last Edited: Apr 19, 2013 12:05 AM