21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 5:04 PM by Aioz RSS

Call of Duty: SMG Ops II

BlackMetroid95

Why is there so many people solely using SMG's? When i check the deadliest weapons of players sometimes most of the time their KD is 3 + because their deadliest weapons are all the six SMG's.  Why isnt people leaving their comfort zone?...i mean look at youtubers like 402Thunder402 and TheMarkofJ.. all their weapons are the SMG's- its as if theirs no weapon diversity in this game. No, im not saying dont use your favorite gun, no im not telling you what guns you should play with..im just wondering why this game is overrun with SMG's.

Thoughts?

• Re: Call of Duty: SMG Ops II

SMG's are so overun because the maps are so small. Unless you work the edge of the map with an AR ,LMG or Sniper, you better be packing and smg for the rest of the map. Yes my most deadly weapon is the MSMC. But i do use AR's and make an attemp at sniping. It really depends on the map for me. When Hijacked, Raid, Standoff, Plaza and now Nuketown 2025 are constantly in the rotation , Smgs are the way to go for those maps IMO. I still switch it up and Go SCAR-H or MTAR. Plus the Peacekeeper is a nice hybrid. But yeah, Small maps= Smg overun.

BlackMetroid95

Hmm. Makes sense, i take it your a PS360 user?

Yeah, the maps are a little on the small side, but even if it is, you still see assault rifles in games.

I use 5 Assault Rifles (M8A1, SWAT-556, SMR, FAL OSW, M27)

1SMG (MSMC)

1 Sniper Rifle (Ballista)

And i still do well, even if these maps are a little slow. But for the people who solely use SMG's is odd to me. Again, im not telling you what weapons you should or should not use.

Because SMGs are the easiest guns in the game to pick up and use.

DatBigSwitcha2

Anyone who thiks SMGS are good in Black ops 2 is just stupid and seriously needs to play better.

The fact that SMGS are just smashed by LMGS, snipers, Pistols, Assault rifles AND Shotguns is hilarious. They're literally the worst guns in the game.

The reason dudes have 3KDS is probably because the online consists of 12 year old kids who dont know how to get dressed in the morning, let alone have the motor skills necessary in order to aim a gun and fire. Even an average player should be getting a 2KD in this game, players who have below a 2 KD, are just bad and should feel bad that they cannot outwit nor outplay a 12 year old. 

Pffft Where can I find you lobbies? This game is infested with nothing but LMG and quickscopers.... I swear I see more LMGs in this game than I saw the Famas in BO1.... The LSAT, HAMR, and LSW super strong at long and medium range with no recoil except a little on the HAMR and some on the LSW. LSAT has NO recoil and shoots as fast as the PDW... They are easily used at close range to. Atleast the MK48 shoots slow and has a slower ADS...but it's the strongest LMG... The best LMG for a target finder camper...

Quickscopers..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dh4dUStE04&list=UUonWz2088dRsqQKyg_lrcvg&index=3 that video explains why quickscoping is cheap...

:/

Atleast with someone with a SMG has to get close and challenge their gun skill agaist you. Don't BS me and say "all they have to do is spray". People that say that are bad players that don't have good enough accuracy to beat someone who just hip fires.

Main reason you see people with 3+ KDs mainly use SMGs is because good players like to rush which SMGs are best for that. Same went with MW3 and BO1.... I saw a ton of good players with MP5k/Spectre as their favorite weapon.

As long as you don't use target finder and go for 100s+ kills 24/7, I'm fine.

LMG fur days made me finally give up on this heap of carp. Double weapon xp brought them out in their droves to get through the grind to the target finder. Enuff was enuff and the U is no more

I honestly don't see the allure of SMGs. I guess it's great for hip firing, spray and prayers which is fine for a game like this, since it caters to those kinds of players. It should be called "Call of Duty: Spray and Pray Ops" with the way it's played

Padiego

MK48 STOCK AND TARGET FINDER. GOD MODE. TRY IT.

I feel the same about snipers and lmg`s - I dont see many smg`s in all honesty. Skorpions seem the most common smg too. Maybe I just die to lmgs and snipers more often. Maybe you need to change your playstyle then you can start dying to other guns - dont get too close and personal and smgs cant touch you

BlackMetroid95

Yeah but isnt that a little difficult to know when a smg user is coming? Yesterday i played a match on Hijacked where the entire enemy team (yes all 6 players) were using a S12, KSG or Remington, and lemme tell you if they all have long barrel its pretty darn hard to avoid getting close to them- same thing with SMG's. Its just that they're overused- nearly every COD commentator spams SMG's...ive seen players with their only gun is a change-in-attachment PDW or Vector class, or all 5 of their classes is just a SMG.

slosh3y

Why has a random thread from april been revived? 0_o

By far my best gun has been the MK-48, but SMG's are very good because of the map design.  Close quarter combat should be dominated by SMG's, thats precisely what the weapons are designed for.  The problem I have is that a few weapons are basically glitch weapons.  Quick scoping with sniper rifles is the most retarded thing ever.  Sniper rifles should be a long reange weapon, but are instead used in the same fashion as the Golden Gun in Goldeneye.  Or how about handguns that kill in one shot?  I have no issue with shotguns killing in one shot at close range, but a side arm should never kill in one shot unless its a head shot.  SMG's, LMG's, Shot Guns, and AR's all line up with the performance you would expect.  The idea that you can learn to drag your cursor across an enemy, go ADS and pull the trigger and get instant kills.  **** that fact that they are getting shot while they do this and dont seem to flinch at all because of all the aim assisnt and sticky reticule.  Treyarch new quick scoping was retarded in Black Ops, thats why it wasnt there, but somehow they were convinced that quick scoping isnt totally cheap.  Its a developer created glitch. 

DUDE ARE YOU KIDDING??? all i have seen in this game the last few weeks are people using LMG with target finder and Shotguns, how can u blame SMG when they dont even have the range to shoot through the whole map, and shotguns i mean as if killing with 1 shot wasnt enough  they give them too much range