17 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2013 6:27 AM by DhrPhineas RSS

Solo Players - Lone Wolf / League Play

What we need is a mode in League Play for Black Ops 2 that is PURELY solo ranked.  No parties allowed. 

Granted, yes, you can get a rank in League play if you are playing solo, but the problem with the way league play is set up (as i'm sure everyone has known for a long time) is the fact that you can play in a party of 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 in league play.  So when you go into league play to compete as a solo player, you run into random parties of people, some are great players with good communication, some have no thumbs and you wish you can play against them more.  That isn't a good way justify what your SOLO rank is if you are having to compete against full parties. 

Full parties suck.  Please give us a way to play this game with no parties allowed.  I'd like to know how i stack up against the rest of the world when EVERYONE is on a level playing field and not in a party w/ people running support and camping in one room on Hi-Jacked with riot shields, target finder LMG's, betties, claymores, shock charges, blah blah blah......  I know you know what i'm getting at...........

I WANT LONE WOLF OPS.  Or do we have to wait for infinity ward to come back before we get any service around here?

Insert thoughts below

• Re: Solo Players - Lone Wolf / League Play
          BakaWolf

I agree. I'm tired of getting a bunch of randoms then getting pitted against a full party. We need mercenary league play.

I thought that you could only party up to 4?

I try to run with 2 others...

I have never played the TDM version though...

League champions is only 4v4. League tdm is 6v6 and has solo and team ranking.

trialstardragon wrote:

League champions is only 4v4. League tdm is 6v6 and has solo and team ranking.

It has solo and team ranking, but what i'm looking for is a separation of that.  All solo in one playlist, All team ranking in another. 

If you have a 4 man squad of randoms against a 4 man squad in a party that plays together regularly.  The party wins, Hands down.  If you want a TRUE Solo rank, you must not be pitted against full parties.  They have an advantage, that advantage is teamwork that has been refined.  4 Randoms can not compete against that.

The only way that would work is if it was League FFA any other list is a team based list and would not really be a solo list and that there is the problem. Only FFA can ever really be considered solo. Even merc lists are not really solo since you play with other players on the same team.

nuttin2say

I disagree TSD.

There is a different kind of skill in being able to adapt to a new team. Yes, any six players can get together and work as a team. But if they have never played together before, they do not know each other's strengths and weaknesses. Teams that do play together already know that and they know how to communicate with each other in a way that is comfortable to the whole team. Some players may see a car. Others may see a vehicle. A team that plays together often has already worked out small details like that. In TDM matches where each player ideally gets 12 kills, there are tons of little details that can drastically change the outcome of a game.

So a regular team vs. a random team does not actually tell you the skill of all the players involved. It is not a "balanced" match.

Still when you play with a team even if randoms you are not a solo player. You are part of a team at its most basic level. Which is why the only way solo ranking could ever really work is if it was only FFA. Anything else is really team based game play even if a person is acting lone wolf. His/her actions still affect the team and the outcome of the match for the team. So is not really a solo player or solo ranked.

I agree 100% with you on this.

I don't mind if I go up against a team with 2 people in the same party, but when its pretty much 4 to 6 people that are a clan in solo league TDM it's pretty much unbalanced.

That's the only thing that puts me off it, other than that I'd love to play it more and it's a shame more people don't.

I agree - I thought that there was a league play option which didn't allow parties but I must be mistaken.

Playing with a random bunch of people vs a regular team becomes quite impossible.

I think that is what has put lots of people off playing it.

So please have a mode which has no parties and also up the XP for people playing it and then lots more people would play it and turn it into something better. I tried today and there were only 800 odd people available to play and took around 10 minutes to fine and settle on a lobbey.

EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID IS EXACTLY THE SAME **** THAT'S BEEN RUNNING THROUGH MY MIND EVERY TIME I PLAY THIS GAME. It's weird, but I actually use League Play TDM as a substite for public games so that I can join a fresh lobby every time and not have to worry about getting placed in a game where there's a ******* Swarm, K9 Unit, Lodestar, etc active. A lot of the time I do extremely well in League Play, and then there are the games where my team is retarded. As a solo player, I don't want to run into full parties where I'm at a complete disadvantage and will end up losing 9/10 times. GIVE US A SOLO LEAGUE PLAY MODE. I don't even bother with the mercenary playlist because I can't even join a game half the ******* time. I also think solo players are better than those who run in full parties all the time because we know how to rely on ourselves. That's the end of my rant. I'm gonna start playing now and hopefully I don't burst my vocal chords. BYE BYE.

First match I get placed in is a TDM on Slums against a full party who are Platinum Division Rank. I just dashboards because I'm not gonna even bother.

HI M8s thats right i played TDM in the 6 season now and what happend 90 % of the games i played vs teams witch r platinum or gold ranked i was in bronze or in iron . couse of probs with the server . 3 of 5 games where disconnected but the strange thing is that is staying there it was played so ...... rank as a iron . but i was 3 or 4 in bronze allready . but yea a few times there r players soooo freaking good and they r playing vs iron or bronze players why that . or the best what i hae seen in one team only 4 bronze and two iron players and in the other team ONLY 3 gold ,2 silver ,AND 1 platin player . what is that for .

Agreed nice idea. It is a bit unlucky to play against a team when your with 3 other individuals. A seperate gamemode for lonewolf players would be a nice thing to add in leagueplay. Of course there are a lot of people that love playing against teams like myself. It gives lots of XP if you win and me and my mate normally do. But of course it's a good idea