1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 152 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2014 8:49 PM by Hawkeye Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: The Avengers 2
        Iron24

Ultron needs to look like comic Ultron of that there is no doubt. I hope they don't mess with that aspect of Ultron. James Spader is a very good actor but his voice just drips with sarcasm so I think he will have to tone that down and when they say play Ultron don't they mean voice him? Since Ultron is an AI and he creates his own mostly indestructible body using machines will there be a physical James Spader on the screen. Maybe Spader will be one of the scientests working with Tony on creating the AI and somehow his brain waves get pulled into the Ultron AI, hmm. Kind of fun to speculate.

• 91. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
          Hawkeye

I am really psyched for the casting of Spader as Ultron!  Like Iron said, he's a great actor and his voice has the perfect cadence for a villain, particularly one like Ultron that's so dry and methodical.  I have a feeling he will knock it outta the park.  I think they'll like go the Gollum/Andy Serkis route with James Spader being on-set in a mo-cap suit and they'll CGI Ultron's robo-body over his.  I only hope that they don't put Spader's face onto Ultron and keep the classic red glowy ant head.

@Jad - Haha, someone better tell Renner to suck it up and put on the purple spandex for a more classic Hawkeye look for A2!  He doesn't gotta have the mask, but I want more purple than just a little stripe down the front of his vest.

• 92. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
            Iron24

I do think Spader is a great choice for Ultron just very curious to see how they work him in.

• 93. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
              Hawkeye

Do you think this means that Jarvis won't end up as Ultron, like it was rumored to be?  Maybe instead Tony creates a sentient Iron Man suit since at the end of IM3 it was clear he was cutting back on being a superhero.  By having a sentient Iron Man armor he could program it to save people while Tony lounges at home with Pepper and still gets all the praise.

• 94. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
                Rogue_Shadow

I was pretty surprised that they picked Spader for the role, since he seems to be known more for TV work than movie work, but I could see him doing a good job as Ultron.  I need to get his role on The Office out of my head first, though.  That's not exactly the best comparison for what he'll be doing in Avengers 2...

• 95. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
                  Hawkeye

He hasn't done that much TV work, I don't think.  He was on Boston Legal for a number of years, but other than that it's been a couple random guest appearances.  Most of his acclaim has come from movies, though he hasn't really had a big movie role in a while, though he was in Lincoln.

• 96. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
                    Rogue_Shadow

I think he had one more big TV show, some crime procedural type of thing, though I can't remember which one off-hand.  He has some big new show coming up on NBC, I think, actually.  Of course, Avengers is more important than any TV show anyway.  This is the Avengers!  This is Ultron!

• 97. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
                      Iron24

Yeah Spader is set to play a Hannibal Lecter type in a new TV show this fall. Rogue you are right his role on Office was pretty funny, try not to think of that when Ultron is speaking, might crack up.

• 98. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
                        Hawkeye

I never got into the Office so I never saw him there.  I've seen him in the original Stargate movie, another sci-fi movie I can't remember the name of, a few episodes I've seen of Boston Legal, but I mostly think of the Seinfeld episode because I love Seinfeld, haha.  I keep thinking about George Costanza bursting into the AA meeting yelling "Step skipper!  That man is a step skipper!  He skips steps!", haha.

• 99. Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!
                          Iron24

That was a good episode of Seinfeld. lol. Spader will be great.

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next