1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 8:14 PM by SandSeven Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

but many good snipers don't miss often at close range

• 91. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

True, it does happen sometimes though, chances are most snipers have a Kap 40 or DW B23R's on their hip.

• 92. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

ghamorra wrote:

Like always you completely miss the point of a thread. I'm not asking for it to be removed or discuss how easy it is to do. I'm simply suggesting a way to elimate getting OHK on someone who shot you first

And like always, your suggestion is unrealistic.Snipers are slow and never get the first shot off, so if you did this, they would never get a kill. Also, if you decrease the damage to one weapon in this situation, you'd have to do it to all of them to make it fair.

• 93. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping
              SandSeven

DaPhillyCheeze wrote:

So, what was my problem here?

Going frame by frame what you saw in game was roughly 750 milliseconds behind the guy quickscoping. You were at connection disadvantage. The QSer had a much better ping to the host than you did.

• 94. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping
                SandSeven

TRU11 wrote:

JanThaMan wrote:

This happens in other weapons, not just sniper rifles. It's just not noticeable with other weapons since quickscoping is different. But the community complains when they empty a clip on someone but then the enemy just kills them in 3 or 4 shots.

Most of the time, it's just a tiny bit of lag or just bad aiming, if you're shooting a QSer then just end up being QSed then you weren't accurate enough or the connection is not on your side, simple as that.

A QS needs 1 bullet to hit you.

big difference between need a full mag, half a mag or just 1 bullet lol.

given the generous hit markers a sniper rifle has as well im pretty sure your comparision is flawed at best.

It's the perception of lag that is more noticable against OHK weapons. It's not that one bullet killing you. If he was using another weapon, it would have been more like those insta deaths vs SMGs and ARs and so on.

The perception of lag is multiplied with OHK weapons making them seem overpowered. When you break it down frame by frame, this can be seen plainly taking out false perceptions during aspects of the game that take place in a couple hundred milliseconds.

• 95. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

750 milliseconds is quite a bit of time. about 3/4 of a second if im not mistaken. I was barely lagging at all. If you watch the killcam closely, I was standing about where I was on my screen as I was on the killcam. That is just class A bs because of how easy it is to quickscope. 99% of people will agree I should've won that gunfight.

• 96. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

i saw your clip many times. yes you should have won, and most likely would have won if their were dedicated servers like most other SHOOTERS I've had that happen many time. I'll have the draw on a guy and shoot multiple times only to have one shot hit me. I edited the video and watched over and over. And every time i come to the conclusion that I should have won. In my particular case I had the guys back toward me and i had quite a few X marks (hardcore) which is nearly impossible due to the fact the health is so low , 1-3 bullets all u need. So after my 4th X at near point blank range with my SWAT 556 with select fire active. he turns and 1 shot me.

• 97. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping

it truly is a sad state of affairs. your game play depends on other internet quality.

• 98. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping
                        TRU11

SandSeven wrote:

TRU11 wrote:

JanThaMan wrote:

This happens in other weapons, not just sniper rifles. It's just not noticeable with other weapons since quickscoping is different. But the community complains when they empty a clip on someone but then the enemy just kills them in 3 or 4 shots.

Most of the time, it's just a tiny bit of lag or just bad aiming, if you're shooting a QSer then just end up being QSed then you weren't accurate enough or the connection is not on your side, simple as that.

A QS needs 1 bullet to hit you.

big difference between need a full mag, half a mag or just 1 bullet lol.

given the generous hit markers a sniper rifle has as well im pretty sure your comparision is flawed at best.

It's the perception of lag that is more noticable against OHK weapons. It's not that one bullet killing you. If he was using another weapon, it would have been more like those insta deaths vs SMGs and ARs and so on.

The perception of lag is multiplied with OHK weapons making them seem overpowered. When you break it down frame by frame, this can be seen plainly taking out false perceptions during aspects of the game that take place in a couple hundred milliseconds.

so your telling me its not 1 bullet that kills me from a bolt action sniper rifle but that person got more then 1 bullet off ??

tha **** you mean by its not that 1 bullet that kills me when it comes to sniper rifles.

withany other weapon you will know its lagg because there is no way a smg or AR orso can kill you with 1 bullet.

a sniper it dont matter if its lag or not,

1 bullet with a generous hit marker = death.

• 99. Re: A solution to Bullshitscoping
                          SandSeven

No I'm telling you the perception of how much lag is affecting your game is greater when dealing with OHK weapons.