7 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 8:07 PM by SandSeven RSS

Calculating Time To Kill (TTK)

60/RPM*(BTK-1)=TTK

For example :MP44 cod4

60/600*(3-1)=60/600*2=0.1s*2=0.2s

• Re: Calculating Time To Kill (TTK)

Please reply some good comments

Cool.  Now let's figure out your TWTTFTSO (Time Wasted Trying to Figure This Sh!t Out)

Given:

60 minutes in an hour

24 hours in a day

365 days in a year

1 minute to cook a Pop-Tart

3 minutes for a bag of properly popped Popcorn

20 oz of pop in standard Pepsi pop

Quick calculation......*beep boop beep boop*.

= 7,956 minutes and 478 seconds!

I think the math's right.  Someone want to check that?

MrZombieClowns

I like Lays Chicken & Waffles flavor the best!

SandSeven

Oe_mong wrote:

60/RPM*(BTK-1)=TTK

For example :MP44 cod4

60/600*(3-1)=60/600*2=0.1s*2=0.2s

I've never seen this formula before, but I've always used a similar formula. I see the mistake in my formula [60/600*BTK). I didn't factor in the time it doesn't take to fire the first shot. I see how this formula shows the TTK starting at the first shot instead of just using the time it takes for each round to be fired mulitplied by the BTK. It makes sense.

At least the formula I've been using is accurate when comparing kill times of weapons, so I don't have to rethink all my conclusions about weapon A vs weapon B at X range. That's really all I've used this formula for anyways, but thanks for the good info.

kylet345

Too bad TTK is irrelevant in a gunfight. Sure, it can determine how fast a gun can kill, but due to the randomness of most shootouts it tends to not matter really much. If you were to do a TTK calculation that includes missed shots, then it would be correct.

TTK Calculation taking into account missed shots:

d(s-1+m)

d is the delay between shots (60/RPM), s is the number of shots to kill, -1 is the factor taken into account that the first shot has no delay, and m is the number of missed shots.

SandSeven

kylet345 wrote:

TTK Calculation taking into account missed shots:

d(s-1+m)

d is the delay between shots (60/RPM), s is the number of shots to kill, -1 is the factor taken into account that the first shot has no delay, and m is the number of missed shots.

Now that's a good formula when you know the recoil pattern of a gun. The Kap 40 is the perfect example for me since I've done some recoil test. The m is only 1-2 up to 60 feet for the first 7 shots. The 1-2 missed shots come only in the horizontal plane until you've reached the 8th or 9th shot.

To get m for each weapon at different ranges is a pain in the ass, but you're right about TTK being very misleading without adding the m variable.