10 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2013 6:00 AM by surridge1990 RSS

Before I Preorder COD Ghost...

How is the release of the game on next generation console (ps4) going to affect ps3 users of cod ghost. Like is most people going to hold back on buying it on PS3 because it will be better on PS4. Will there be a dramatic drop in user playing on PS3 since some or most will get a PS4? I haven't seen one person run around with the ghost camo and now have doubts that people will be buying it for PS3. I will eventually get a PS4, but not just because cod is coming out for it. I'm pretty sure most people won't be able to find a PS4 during the holidays so it will seperate the community even more! On top of that, if there is only a 1 month difference on release for next gen, wouldn't that mean there will be a price drop on current gen games? I don't want to pay 60 bucks for the game and see it drop $10-20 bucks next month to compete against the better version. I need a better reason to get it on PS3 or if not, I will have to wait off on buying at all. Any feedbacks would be helpful.

• Re: Before I Preorder COD Ghost...
          illstplaya2live

No one knows the answer to these questions. This along with other reasons is why there is no point preordering the new COD.

TheBeastlyDude

Future title discussion is prohibited on these boards but before it gets locked or deleted, I would just wait for further details and decide what you think will be best for you.

r8edtripx

CupcakeBandit wrote:

How is the release of the game on next generation console (ps4) going to affect ps3 users of cod ghost. Like is most people going to hold back on buying it on PS3 because it will be better on PS4. Will there be a dramatic drop in user playing on PS3 since some or most will get a PS4? I haven't seen one person run around with the ghost camo and now have doubts that people will be buying it for PS3. I will eventually get a PS4, but not just because cod is coming out for it. I'm pretty sure most people won't be able to find a PS4 during the holidays so it will seperate the community even more! On top of that, if there is only a 1 month difference on release for next gen, wouldn't that mean there will be a price drop on current gen games? I don't want to pay 60 bucks for the game and see it drop $10-20 bucks next month to compete against the better version. I need a better reason to get it on PS3 or if not, I will have to wait off on buying at all. Any feedbacks would be helpful.

I've definitely wondered about the Multiplayer community being split by the release of the next gen consoles.

I play on Xbox and PS3, and plan on getting the next gen consoles for both systems. ...but I'm NOT going to buy COD Ghosts for current gen AND next gen.

I'm bummed that the next-gen console Ghosts will be released 1 month after current gen Ghosts. Is that 100% confirmed?

I pre-ordered at Gamestop the current gen versions to get the camo codes and posters, but Gamestop lets you upgrade to the next gen consoles pre-order when they're available.

Restore_Hardcore

We'll know more on May 21 hopefully. The community will be split during the next gen conversion and I doubt that if I start playing Ghosts for current gen that my stats/rank will get converted over when next gen is out so I plan on getting the current version, not gonna prestige, then buy it on next gen.

i heard a rumour from a friend that xbox would be the only next gen console that ghosts will be released on, PS4 will have to wait until the next Cod title to be able to play the next gen Cod's

Not sure how true even if it is at all and ive not heard anything else on the subject anywhere so not sure where he got it from.

Knowing my friend he's probably acting out another role-play where he plays the character Billy Bulls***.

Out of interest for those PS3 players planning on getting a next gen console and or Ghosts how many would actually jump over to XBOX to play the game on the new console if this rumour became true? and how many would just stick to PS3 until the next title?

lol that's not even close to being true, they're not going to miss out on the whole Playstation base like that. They've already given PS3 the shaft with ports, if they take the whole game away I see little to no reason for playstation gamers to ever go back to Call of Duty (if they do that, which they more than likely won't).

And I'm an Xbox player that's aiming to play it on the PS4 next generation lol

But what if for example, Microsoft brought the sole rights to ghosts on the next gen console? i know its not very likely hence why i said my mate was a billy bulls**ter and i have no idea where he got the info from because i havent seen anything on the subject but with a company as big as microsoft with the billions of dollars they make i dont think its something that could be completely ruled out.

ghosthound

Call of Duty:Ghosts will most likely be released for both the Xbox720 & PS4 as both next gen consoles will most likely be released at the same time as Call of Duty:Ghosts.