17 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2013 10:20 PM by wierd worlds are these RSS

Hacker Paradise Weekend ; Stop - Free to Play Weekends!!!

Momba1

According to the Twitter @pcdev starting now through Sunday 1 PM PDT Muliplayer BO2 is free.

Well on the 'surface' this (free) seems fine and dandy but in practice as in the past it's primarily used for folks to get a secondary temporary account and hack their butts-off this entire weekend.

• Re: Hacker Paradise Weekend ; Stop - Free to Play Weekends!!!
          {bhc}max|co

Momba1 wrote:

According to the Twitter @pcdev starting now through Sunday 1 PM PDT Muliplayer BO2 is free.

Well on the 'surface' this (free) seems fine and dandy but in practice as in the past it's primarily used for folks to get a secondary temporary account and hack their butts-off this entire weekend.

Wouldn't they be better giving a "free dlc" weekend to those that bought the game, and haven't took the plunge on dlc's, that way more might buy them? Better still. give all maps free to all who bought the game on pc, then more might buy the game. Even better still, bring back server browser with proper servers, and many of the 100,000's who left cod ,would come back.

wierd worlds are these

{bhc}max|co wrote:

Momba1 wrote:

Wouldn't they be better giving a "free dlc" weekend to those that bought the game, and haven't took the plunge on dlc's, that way more might buy them? Better still. give all maps free to all who bought the game on pc, then more might buy the game. Even better still, bring back server browser with proper servers, and many of the 100,000's who left cod ,would come back.

That is asking the developers to have some intelligence which as we all know they seem to lack otherwise the game would be far better than it is.

Momba1

Not a bad idea for the PC. In addition, only allow the 'free' accounts access to Nuketown moshpit that way you can get away from the over abundance of hackers for the weekend. Win-Win.

I'm nearly convinced these free weekends are actually in place to lure in more hackers.

After all 3arc does make money off of people hacking... Any hacker banned has to buy another copy of the game to play again, which is an extra $60 for 3arc. (more if they get DLC)

Why do you think they wait so long to ban hackers once they catch them? It's to allow the hacker time to get hooked on the game, so they're more likely to come back...

Free weekends aren't going to help draw in new players... Matchmaking is sufficiently keeping everyone away from this disaster of a CoD title... All the free weekends are doing is luring back hackers who have been banned and haven't bought another copy yet...

I have no doubt whatsoever that at least 3/4ths of the sales they will get out of this free weekend will be previously banned hackers.

Matchmaking actually allows people to hack. Which further explains why they are so adamant about forcing matchmaking down our throats. They must think they make more money off of hackers then they would off of legit players.

Momba1

Matchmaking_fails wrote:

After all 3arc does make money off of people hacking... Any hacker banned has to buy another copy of the game to play again, which is an extra $60 for 3arc. (more if they get DLC)

Pff...I coined a term for it, search "que-a-ban" and yeah it sucks and what you said is sadly spot on.

Listen, in our voice chat rooms pretty much everyone thinks it's going to be 'cool' to test out hacks and damn I'm even half tempted to screw around with a hack account, but as I've said before 'I've thought about it a 1,000 times and 1,001 said no to myself.'

What's even crazier is folks that I know for a fact that both hate cheaters and have never hacked are encouraging me to do the same and cheat, wow talk about peer pressure to the Dark Side - OMG! If someone loses a 'free' account so what as long as they keep their legit account. It's going to be nuts this weekend! Hence this thread.

Oh god. Geuss I should wait until the ''free weekend'' is over, or maybe I should stop playing altogether.

I do not understand you. Do you want the PC department no longer play Call of Duty?
                      Through your weekends free to play the cheaters always have the opportunity to test current cheats. This also thanks to you for free.
                      If you make enough sales then change your setting to the community. Gives us what we want and you get what you want (more money)

[Removed by Moderator]

CoDCBaba wrote:

Do you want the PC department no longer play Call of Duty?

This is your answer... No.

Activision does not want people playing on PC. They have been systematically degrading and sabotaging the PC version of this franchise ever since MW2.

Their primary goal is to get people switching to Xbox... Thus they absolutely love it when people get on their forums saying they've switched to Xbox

See if Black Ops 2 had actual PC support, then it would be successful on PC... This would do two things that Activision does not want.

1) The game would have a lifespan of much longer than 1 year. Just look at CoD4 and WaW, two titles that Activision would love nothing more than to take offline so people have to migrate to the newer titles.

2) The PC version would once again be greatly superior to the Xbox version, which would serve to draw players away from the Xbox platform.... It is cheaper, quicker, and easier for them to develop on Xbox, because Xbox players have stupidly low standards for quality.   (Xbox users have never had a "good" gameplay experience like PC always had)

I just recorded a guy going full out aimbotting through walls and such. I will upload it.

Momba1

Nice video and thanks for uploading it.

That's what I refer to as a 'tard hack' however there are plenty that are nearly undisguisable. Further, anyone who either Auto-Fire's or Auto-Melee's plus the rest are simply trolls knowing their account is going to get banned and that guy was using all of the above. What a lot of folks do is to turn-on and off their hacks after the games start and off before it ends.

The low distro/custom** hacks on many accounts have been running from almost day one, and since 3ach/VAC doesn't have their binaries to detect they will and are getting away with it.

If anyone is unbelievably good (4-5+ KDR) then they're Pros and are or should be MLG Players, but if they're not then 9.99/10 they use a hack**. Period. If you're 'that good' and play hours per day then you're going to play for money = MLG. This is all per my daughter's boyfriend who was MLG.

wierd worlds are these

InfamousMist wrote:

That is the first cheater I have seen in a long time playing this game.

Although this weekend I suspected atleast 10 players of cheating but, when I went back and watched the videos it was obvious that they were not cheating.

The lag has been a joke this weekend, every game had loads of lag and loads of stupid lag comp.

My ping is most games was 40ms to 50ms, but the only time I was able to get a decent game was when I had a ping of over 100ms which is a joke because of the fact that I should have been having better, games when I had a lower ping and not when I had a higher ping.