17 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2013 1:17 PM by RichterRavage RSS

Revenge spawns

I get that CoD has always had bad spawns and that they'll never be perfect but this is absolutely ridiculous. This guy spawns DIRECTLY behind me while I'm on a 21 gunstreak. At around 0.34 you can see the orange triangle (I use CB assist because I find blue and orange easier to look at then the normal colours) spawn directly behind and from the enemies perspective you can see how cheap this is. We are now 7 month into the game so I doubt anything is going to be done but in future games I hope both Treyarch and Infinity Ward take a bit more time in working out the spawns because MW3 and Black Ops 2 have had the worst spawns of any CoD game.

• Re: Revenge spawns
          Raketti

What did you do to piss off the sniper frog ? ;)

I've had some that are even worse, naturally on a decent gunstreak. I agree the spawns are horrible most of the time in both games in all game modes that don't have "fixed spawns".

FFA probably has the worst ones in BO2, and the spawns in Face Off maps on MW3 were just ridiculous (especially on Vortex or whatever that tornado map was).

FFA has bad spawns in all cods because well its FFA

Raketti wrote:

What did you do to piss off the sniper frog ? ;)

I honestly don't know. Sniper frog generally doesn't seem to like me

Raketti wrote:

I've had some that are even worse, naturally on a decent gunstreak. I agree the spawns are horrible most of the time in both games in all game modes that don't have "fixed spawns".

The sad thing is that deaths like these are a regular occurance. This is one of many examples of how bad the spawns are.

okay so you failed to recognize the spawns had flipped and you where standing in the danger zone. Don't blame the game pay attention!

Yea its kinda hard to complain about Revenge spawns, I just view it as them giving me another quick kill for the my killstreak personally, its kinda obviouse when they are about to spawn someone right by you. they can keep feeding me the kills if they want.

hard to say he had the jump on you he had terrible aim it was your fault to jump right in front of him

rlbl

Although I agree sometimes the spawns are out of whack, I honestly did not see anything there that was weird.

WHen I am playing, I always see where where my team is and go the other direction. This means that I am going to engage the enemy in their spawn, and they are going to spawn near me.  I just hope they do not spawn behind me.

The reason why FFA spawns are always goofy is because often there is no safe place to spawn: everyone is all over the place.  This can of course happen in any game mode.

What I do find weird is:

- spawning with the enemy

- having enemies spawn in your base instead of mid-map in DOM

- Spawning with an enemy pointing their guns where you are going to spawn because the game is not coded well enough to put you in a new place.

e.g. how many times have you played NT and spawned behind the yellow(?) house (C flag) behind the fence and get insta-killed because someone is sitting in the house behind the couch pointing their gun there (happens all the time in DEMO or DOM).  The code should be smart enough to calculate that many people have died in a short peiod of time so spawn them somewhere else!!!!

(edit: I re-watched the vid again and paid more attention to where the people were on the mini-map.  I would have thought that was a relatively safe place for him to spawn given where the rest of the people on your team was...  You so happened to be there at the time...  I mean seriously, it does suck but it is the price we pay for maps that are designed for fast action. They cannot all be the size of turbine... people would complain just as hard)

I really wonder if this happens all the time because with a VSAT up you notice it so much, I was playing overflow a coule of weeks ago, we got put into the game down by a lot so we had to trip cap to win, I was running by that spawn point near the bank, on the edge of the map, and somebody spawned directly behind me and I turned on him, and then somebody spawned to the right of me and behind me and one of them got me, the spawn system in this game is extremely broken. I have to think that the devs don't even play their own game because they'd do domething about it.

TRU11

thats nothing.

i had the guy i killed respawn in a corner behind my back just about 5 steps from where i killed him.

this was dom so there wasent a delay.

got killed at 23 because i had to reload

preachin to the choir

theroc23

I like it when treyarch spawns enemy players 2 feet behind my Sentry Gun. I guess the spawn system just get overwhelmed at times and shidt just happens. 

F*CK SPAWN REVENGE AND PANIC KNIFE!

LOST A K9 UNIT FOR THIS CRAP ON HIJACKED

JUST HAD TO SHUT EVERYTHING OFF OR MY PS3 WOULD GET A PRETTY FLY AWAY