19 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2013 11:52 AM by ProfessionalPoster RSS

Please buff randies

Noob_Lyncher

I only play HC Dom solo because my friends are too worried about their K/Ds and W/Ls to play anything but HQ, even though my K/D keeps going up playing HC dom by myself. I don't even care about W/L anymore because of dashboarders and bad teams, but do you ever get frustrated with just how crappy your teammates are? Like how they seemingly chase after your grenades and other stuff to get you kicked, and how they magically go negative with almost no caps or defends? I want to know what you guys think about the scourge that is garbage teammates. How do you deal with them(no quitting out guys), and what maps with what class setups can you backpack them the most?

• Re: Please buff randies
          eko

I'm not a HC player (or fan) but isnt friendly fire a part of the whole "Yo this is hard core dude, core is for n00bs!!" thing?

I'm not trying to flame you just been wondering about this. Seems to be lots of people complaining about FF in HC. If you take FF out of HC then what? Ban certain perks/weapons?

At what point does HC stop being HC?

*yes I know that has nothing to do with random team mates but thought I'd just ask!

Noob_Lyncher

I know about the whole shooting teammates thing, but it's far too easy to chase a teammate's grenade or shoot his betties to get him kicked. I even watched a guy earlier who waited for a teammate's sentry gun to fire so he could run in front of it, which got the guy kicked.

zvers

I've posted on other articles about this too in HC modes. I play solo all the time and HC DOM has been my choice. The worst are the idiots that shoot you to get your care package. That's just retarded.

Also, the worst map that gets me friendly fire kicked is Nuketown. People just spawn and sprint out into the middle without even thinking "Hey, is my teammate watching that line?". That by far is the worst map for team kill kicks I've had. Not much you can do. Just try to be very careful which may cost you some opportunities as well.

Alky6

What is a randie?

Worried about kd so they only play hq? Maybe I'm missing something but from my experience, the spawns in hq are so random that I don't know how I could worry about kd

Noob_Lyncher

We just know how to play HQ very well. We rarely ever lose playing HQ, but as soon as we try something else, it's like people forget how this game works, and these are people with over 2.00 K/Ds and 10 W/Ls. I don't know why I can adapt to other game modes except Search so well, while my friends get mad and never play a certain gamemode again because we just barely lost, and a camper killed them a few times in a row.

How to deal with randies on HC? They usually deal with them selves by the end of the match so no worries for me.

ChestSplittah

There should be no worry, you posted yourself that w/l means nothing.

TheBeastlyDude

The team matchmaking system on this game is a lot like real life.

The game itself is like your mother. If you depend on your mother to make your friends (teammates) for you, you are not going to necessarily end up with a bright bunch. There is a reason why a lot of random teammates are random players in the game and don't have friends to play with.

If you rather play another game mode and your friends don't, you should try to make some new friends who play the mode you like. You do have 100 friend slots on the PS3. Instead of asking for a buff to "randies", why not ask for a buff for your social skills and make your own teammates and not depend on mom to make your friends for you.

Noob_Lyncher

I've only ever met 1 person who i'd actually call a friend in Black Ops 2. It seems like with each CoD, less decent adults play, and more loud mouth 12 year-olds take their places. Either they have no mic and don't try to communicate whatsoever, or they're complete Aholes who i'd rather not associate with. Maybe all the decent people play TDM and FFA, but most people I meet in objective games are douchebags. The only good thing about having crap teammates is that after the game gets to a point where I know my team is going to lose it for us, I can just go for kills and not feel guilty about not helping my team.

TheBeastlyDude

Perhaps you should try to set the example. At the end of the game, tell the other team "Good Game" whether you win or lose. You will then get a few players once in a while say the same thing. Obviously, these players aren't complete douchebags so send them an invite and play with them for a while. Eventually, you will end up with a decent friends list and you will become friends with their friends and you will have a whole slew of players to play with. Even if the players turn out to be douchebags in the end, you can delete friends off your Playstation friend list.

Just go out and make the first step and a considerable effort and you will be amazed what you can find.

Noob_Lyncher

I say good game every now and then: The other team rages because I went positive, people on my team think i'm hacking because i'm the only person on the team who went positive, and then most of the people who send friend requests are 12 year-olds who want me to quickscope with them. Most of my friends came from CoD4, MW2, and a few in Black Ops 1. After that, people who have been getting on my friends list have been crybabies who dashboard when they go a little negative, and it gets old having to sweep through my friends list every other week to weed out cryhard scrubs. Maybe i'll have better luck in Ghosts.

• Re: When's that teammate buff gonna happen?
                                  akilleez86

Multi-player is a "zero-sum" game.  You can Google that.  Basically, in order for one player to do well, another has to do poorly.  If your teammates are all really good, that would leave you with less kills, points, etc.  Does this make you a "garbage randie" then? You can ask them to play smarter, but you shouldn't expect someone to perform better if they are trying their best.  Some people simply don't play enough to be considered "good." As some have mentioned, make some friends, join a clan, or get used to having a variety of skill levels in multi-player.  Good luck.

• Re: When's that teammate buff gonna happen?

Never. Teammates suck. I feel like when I play solo about 25% of the players on my team are as good or better than me, and the other 75% are clearly playing during recess at the school for the blind. When I'm in a party its a guarantee the random we get thrown on our team is going to anchor the bottom of the scoreboard (unless I'm playing with mymorningkill).