38 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 11:46 PM by Noob_Lyncher RSS

When's that teammate patch gonna happen?

Noob_Lyncher

I haven't been able to access the Xbox forum for a couple of days, so I asked this in the PS3 side, but now that the issue is fixed, I want to ask here. I only play HC Dom solo because my friends are too worried about their K/Ds and W/Ls to play anything but HQ, even though my K/D keeps going up playing HC dom by myself. I don't even care about W/L anymore because of dashboarders and bad teams, but do you ever get frustrated with just how crappy your teammates are? Like how they seemingly chase after your grenades and other stuff to get you kicked, and how they magically go negative with almost no caps or defends? I want to know what you guys think about the scourge that is garbage teammates. How do you deal with them (no quitting out), and on what maps with what class setups can you backpack them the most?

• Re: When's that teammate patch gonna happen?

With objective based game modes it's so much harder to carry the team. It is very frustrating to have to deal with all of the noobs. At least in TDM I can backpack the team for the most part. I had to go 50-4 one TDM game just to win by 2 points. Its pretty silly.

Playing solo? Tac insert somewhere around B and don't stray too far from the flag.

Use flak jacket and tactical mask. Flak jacket works decent in HC because it lowers all explosive damage to 20%.

r33k

every day, all day. all i do is play solo. a lot of the times is core transplants that are "trying" hardcore. always run infront of me, always doing the buddy up and shooting through me.

i have been fortunate though, most of the time if i want to take B that is captured i will do a test cap. run over the flag to get the call out, kill the defenders and then hopefully the call out will bring a few more dudes onto the flag. dont always work, but its better than nothing.

also, use a trophy, better chance of not getting naded while on B. helps me do solo caps. in particular on hydro where you can hide behind the barrier and you can keep your trophy out of shooting range.

C4 too. quick flip onto the flag and you take them all out. one man band on B.

but its just how it is when you solo. i use a mic and do call outs. but im not gonna scream at people to cap, that does nothing. just how it is.

nicedrewishfela

Be the teammate you want them to be.

Or get like-minded friends to play with. I have found a lot of decent players just through who communicates well in random lobbies. Find these folks, party up with them. Otherwise, be the teammate you want others to be. Communicate, strategize... even if they aren't reciprocating. Most of the time I find this improves the quality of the experience. And.. if it doesn't... I will find a new lobby once the game ends.

Nothing feels better than leading a team of randoms to a victory.

iivrruummii

TrueSkill Ranking System...enough said.

deamonomic

I have my solution to my team problem that doesnt always work, but either way Ill be top player in the lobby. I dont go after the objective. Why you ask? you need that to win. Yea but the way the game is going If I try for the obj Ima die due to lack of able team mates. So  then what can I do. Well Im very good at slaying. If I cant cap but I can kill them all and If my team mates cant kill a wet paper bag but can stand lazily on a flag point if no enemies show up then.... Ima just kill any enemy heading towards the objective and creat a safe zone that will buy just enough time for a cap (GJ Zombiemates!). I lose out on capture points and get called a "kill whore" when we lose (tho usually I have caps and all that along with the kills).

Even in Champions series in masters I dont expect my teammates to carry their weight. I expect Myself to have to do a hefty amount of work, even if they are masters rank.

in this game my team never went for the hard point until after the enemy had it and the only we we could win is if I took the hardpoint first. If I died the hardpoint fell soon after every time.

The last 3 games of League play that I have played, we had noobs that were unbackpackable. There was no amount of skill you could exhibit to save yourself. TDM is the WORST mode imo to try and backpack a team. Because they will be streak feeding at an alarming rate while also contributing to the enemy victory in death tolls. 1-21 was the cherry on top this morning. I reported him for boosting and gently pressed the power button on my Xbox after the match was over. The other night I got a kid that went 0-19, there is NOTHING you can do with those odds (he also got reported). However, crappy teammates should really be blamed on 3arc and this failure of "Skill" based matchmaking. But it's League Play there aren't enough people blah blah blah. Guess what? It's the same outside of LP. Take your pick of game mode etc. and run solo, you will get ATLEAST one crappy team mate and that's a best case scenario. I am by far not a Pro Player but I sure as hell am not as crappy as the majority of my teammates are, SBMM is a joke.

deamonomic

JSlayer211 wrote:

The last 3 games of League play that I have played, we had noobs that were unbackpackable. There was no amount of skill you could exhibit to save yourself. TDM is the WORST mode imo to try and backpack a team. Because they will be streak feeding at an alarming rate while also contributing to the enemy victory in death tolls. 1-21 was the cherry on top this morning. I reported him for boosting and gently pressed the power button on my Xbox after the match was over. The other night I got a kid that went 0-19, there is NOTHING you can do with those odds (he also got reported). However, crappy teammates should really be blamed on 3arc and this failure of "Skill" based matchmaking. But it's League Play there aren't enough people blah blah blah. Guess what? It's the same outside of LP. Take your pick of game mode etc. and run solo, you will get ATLEAST one crappy team mate and that's a best case scenario. I am by far not a Pro Player but I sure as hell am not as crappy as the majority of my teammates are, SBMM is a joke.

I had a game against one of the top players in my sub division (Moshpit, Masters, Season 1) last game I fought against the current #2 on the ladder. This time it is the #3 (one right after the other) for some KC on Meltdown. by the end of it I have some 37+ tag collects and our team looses by like 10 tags. I look at the score board... one of our players is 8-35 with 5 tag collects..... .... needless to say I was angry

So you report ppl that don't play a game well? That's actually abuse of the report function you know? (Which I believe is a bannable offense) Now if they were in fact boosting for someone else on the other team then I can see, but if they  were having a bad game or just didn't care and was goofing around then they were not breaking any rules. There is no rule in the terms or guidelines saying if you're bad at this game then you can't play.  So grow up. Go outside enjoy the real world, learn a real skill. Life is short and no one is going to be remembered for being a so called "pro" on a video game.

Aww you hurt my feelings lol. The reason I don't go back and review theatre mode to inspect their boosting or not is that I have some real life things going on. I only get to play for a short amount of time. I don't have the kind of time that some lifeless hag like yourself has to devote to booster busting. You go 0-20 in my lobby, you get reported. Plain and simple. I will let the people responsible for investigating it do the investigating. You have a problem with that then boo hoo, I couldn't care less. I didn't buy this game so I could go hunting for cheaters and trying to investigate everyone's playstyle nor do I have the tools necessary to see if they are actually boosting and review the details. The only thing that you got right is that life is short, too short for me to investigate every scrub player going 0-20+.

its not that your teammates where bad, its that they dont give a **** about winning. 2 of them were like 26-13 and 26-12. KD carebears...people that like shouldnt be allowed to play in objective games. i have no solution, its one of the reasons i quit this game, that and the lag.

i refuse to play solo because of this

deamonomic

sneed867 wrote:

its not that your teammates where bad, its that they dont give a **** about winning. 2 of them were like 26-13 and 26-12. KD carebears...people that like shouldnt be allowed to play in objective games. i have no solution, its one of the reasons i quit this game, that and the lag.

i refuse to play solo because of this

their high K/D mean nothing. it doesnt mean they were playing the objective and it doesnt mean they werent.

I had a CTF game in champions. I had some 40 kills and 20 deaths (somewhere around that). my team wins with 6 flag caps. (this is against an entire platinum ranked team... rank 3 if I recall correctly) I get called a camper when truth be told I was moving all around the map. sure there were parts I hovered around out flag to defend before moving out again. they felt justified in calling me a camper because I had 0 flag caps. Thing is, I dont go after the flag because thats not what I view as my role. My role is killing the enemy and preventing them from completing the objective. In this way I have lead many teams to victory. and on the rare occasions it fails because even though 5 of the enemy team is dead you managed to get taken out by the last guy... every time... I get called a kill whore.

their KD along with 2 caps 0 defends means they were not playing the objective. you cannot just look at KD and assume one thing.

2 caps are given out for free to start each round. ANYBODY playing the objective should have at least 3+

defends is what i am most concerned about. if you hvae 0 defends, you are not doing your job. if you go 26-12 with 0 defends, i hope you are spawn trapping them and it would mean a huge win for team. instead, in his video, his team lost, and it wasnt really that close.

from look at the 2 guys who went 2.0 with nearly no objective help, you can assume they were camping the edge of the map, spawning A, and running straight left, outside those sliding doors. they probbaly stayed there the whole game

i understand what you are saying, but you think if those 2 players who were 2.0 were spawn trapping, it would have been easier for the guy who made the video tp cap and secure B. it wasnt that easy, he had trouble holding it down all alone and then more trouble trying to take it back, and that was against people who were much worse KD wise, but at least knew the objective.

there are games where i play dom and B is a ghost town. i look at the leaderboard and see a few people on my team with huge kills, no caps no defends, and i realize why B is so empty. but this video had none of that. so in conclusion, you can tell those 2 guys cared much more about their KD than winning a game

deamonomic

sneed867 wrote:

their KD along with 2 caps 0 defends means they were not playing the objective. you cannot just look at KD and assume one thing.

2 caps are given out for free to start each round. ANYBODY playing the objective should have at least 3+

defends is what i am most concerned about. if you hvae 0 defends, you are not doing your job. if you go 26-12 with 0 defends, i hope you are spawn trapping them and it would mean a huge win for team. instead, in his video, his team lost, and it wasnt really that close.

from look at the 2 guys who went 2.0 with nearly no objective help, you can assume they were camping the edge of the map, spawning A, and running straight left, outside those sliding doors. they probbaly stayed there the whole game

i understand what you are saying, but you think if those 2 players who were 2.0 were spawn trapping, it would have been easier for the guy who made the video tp cap and secure B. it wasnt that easy, he had trouble holding it down all alone and then more trouble trying to take it back, and that was against people who were much worse KD wise, but at least knew the objective.

I wills ay that I do go for the objective but only when I have no other choice (as in the rest of my team isnt getting it done) only time I actively play the objective. Other then that I try to support the obj players.

on domination (I hate that game mode) I agree if you lose and have no defends you dropped the ball. I usually have around 15-20 myself... no caps tho.... unless im playing solo at which point I auto assume my team is useless and that I will have to backpack them all

Noob_Lyncher

I go for K/D too, but I want the win as well. If i'm playing with a team and we're starting to lose, i'll sacrifice my K/D for the win, but with garbage randoms, nope. I'll make it easier for them to capture flags by playing cutoff and pushing the enemy back while I get uavs and airstrikes to help us, but if my teammates don't want to try and grab a flag while I make the push, there's nothing I can do but go positive.

I wish i had more teammates like Noo_Lyncher, I play HC Dom when i feel frisky, I love it! But like he said in his video, you'll sit there on a flag and team mates just run passed you, like HELLO?! Objective! Or like in TDM you tell someone DONT RUSH past (Insert point) you will flip spawns WE WANT this side. And they ignore you. Listen I'm not trying to tell you how to play the game, but if your goin 5-28 everygame, your killing us, granted I recently been suckin ass 150 kills no perks or attachs on the M8A1 but otherwise I try to play smart, People think goin 20-28 is a good game, Eh. I dont mind it all the time but when they talk trash and are all like OK GUYS lets win, then you go around like a headless chicken u got the nerve to say "Why did we lose?" smh!

silentkill440

tell me about it, i have taken a corner flag and locked it down while the enimies were spawinging on it and its ridiculous 5 teamates can cover 2 flags that enemies arent even spawning on and of course they let them take our spawn flag or b flag and my spawn containment is gone, i have locked down a flag by myself for a whole game and then the teamates let them take another

How do you deal with them. Simple you leave the lobby after that match is over and set them to avoid and move on with your life and forget about them and that match. Dont even try to carry them for you normally cant and should not even be trying too. For all you are doing is making it more frustrating for yourself and giving them even more reason to not care, since you are doing all the hard work they dont have too.

Just got put in a game of dom we're losing 10-79 and the top player on our team is 1-29. Be advised - enemy (insert scorestreak) incoming repeated over and over nonstop. Good times.

nuttin2say

You know what?

This BS about "playing the objective" is exactly that - crap. The objective of the game is to win. Period. End of conversation. And if you don't like how someone gets there to accomplish the win, then it is you that has the problem, not the team that pulled off the win.

I love it when a party of six comes into a lobby talking smack because every member of their party has an SPM between 300 and 400 - with some members even having SPM over 400. Oh, yeah. You're bad. Scary.

Then, if they do bother to stay the entire match, they blame their poor performance on 1 - lag, 2 - boosting, or 3 - the other team "not playing the objective."

Bad news, chief. If we were playing the objective less than your team was, then how is it we ended up with either a higher score or more tags collected? Sounds to me like you're the one that doesn't know how to play the objective, not me.

I love how these guys laugh their arses off when they win a match against a team of randoms upon which two or three players go 1 - 30. Really? You really think you were playing in a fair match? If that's your version of "playing the objective" or "being a man and taking a loss" or "fairness," then you're the one with issues, not the guy that focuses on staying alive.

Stay alive = more kills than deaths.

More kills than deaths = greater likelihood of capturing the objectives.

Capturing objectives = wins.

And it is very difficult to pull all that off when you play with randoms only. No, sorry. Just because you play with regular party members does not mean that those that play lone wolf / solo are "playing the game wrong."

FaNtasY_KiLLer11

I get annoyed all the time at teammates as I will be shooting any enemy and they run in my way. It happens constantly and I get kicked all the time because they do this.

nuttin2say

My response was meant for ANY game mode, but nonetheless I'm going to address this HC "Poo-poo, I got kicked" issue, as well.

Yes, when you play HC you are inevitably going to kill a teammate. It happens. And every now and then you will get kicked, too.

Personally, I would prefer that the respawn delay gets longer and longer by 15 to 20 seconds every time you TK someone ... but the current system is just fine, too.

That said, why is it so hard for some people to NOT tk? "They ran out in front of me." Okay, what you do is take cover until your dolt of a teammate either gets killed or gets out of the way. Regardless of gamemode you should have a rough idea of what is taking place on the battlefield at any given time.

If people want to have fewer TKs then I suggest you stop thinking of yourself as the only person in the universe and start respecting the fact that there are things going on in the match over which you have no control. The one thing you do have control over, yourself, you should use wisely.

It's just like driving a car. Would you run through an intersection without making sure nothing else is going through the intersection, as well? Would you change lanes on the freeway without knowing for certain you are not going to affect someone else by doing so?

And don't respond, "It's a game, not real life." Exactly. But there is no rule that says you cannot apply real life common sense to how you play the game.

It's tough playing solo. I literally have no friends who play BO2 anymore so I'm always running solo. This is one reason I miss a mercenary playlist. I used to enjoy that.

Also, I'll admit playing modes like HC DOM is alot easier when you're leveling up difficult weapons so there were many times I couldn't have cared less about the objective and just wanted shotgun kills, or sniper bloodthirsty's, etc. It just comes with the territory and you just have to expect it.

Again, I think a mercenary playlist would be a great solution.

Noob_Lyncher

But what maps can you guys backpack crappy teammates on the most and with what setup? No one seems to want to answer that.