14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 4:24 PM by barolb RSS

E3-The Wii U and Nintendo

Padiego

Lately...I haven't been playing games that much....Something happened that pretty much twisted my life. It doesn't matter, since I don't really play video games during the summer because...well its summer! However....this year, E3 has my attention. I'll be waking up early to watch the Nintendo Direct....And I might be attending the best buy events if there's nothing else to do that day. But yeah...plenty to be excited about. What are you excited for?

Personally....New 3D Mario. All through May, i've been playing Super Luigi Galaxy. The game's beautiful soundtrack and amazing art style/level design/graphics all come together to make a true masterpiece. Can't wait to see what the galaxy team has in store for us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkZJSkOCyc

• Re: E3-The Wii U and Nintendo
          like2nap03

The Best Buy things is crazy.  I mean these days you have to get invited to E3 to play these games.  And Nintendo is making them available to everyone who doesn't mind waiting in line at Best Buy.  That's pretty awesome.  I'll go if the lines aren't too bad.  I'll probably call ahead first. 

Check your PMs.

Padiego

Replied.

I think what would be a good move for nintendo would be to release the Demos on the eshop after e3 is over.

Like...

Have the best buy events, but don't announce that the demos will be on the eshop later on. That way, people will flock to best buy and create a crowd, drawing attention. After it's all over, release the demos on the eshop as a surprise.

like2nap03

Padiego wrote:

Replied.

I think what would be a good move for nintendo would be to release the Demos on the eshop after e3 is over.

Like...

Have the best buy events, but don't announce that the demos will be on the eshop later on. That way, people will flock to best buy and create a crowd, drawing attention. After it's all over, release the demos on the eshop as a surprise.

That would be awesome.  Haven't had time to reply to your PM.  I hate it when I have to do work while i'm at work.

Can't wait for new super smash bros to be announced

Padiego wrote:

Lately...I haven't been playing games that much....

I hope the WiiU fails, so Nintendo can get their **** together and finally make a good console with good features.

There console is perfect for me. It doesnt need super high tech ram space like xbox one and ps4.

I say this as ps3 and wii u gamer. Simply look at the ps3 or 360 specs and if you know anything about hardware you will see that OVERALL the wii u takes them to school. And we as gamers are all aware of what the devs are now able to do with the ancient sony and microsoft hardware. There is no doubt in my mind that the wii u is next gen capable. It has 4x the ram that the old consoles have, and a  radeon hd based gpgpu that is dripping with edram. Anybody here old enough to really remember the ps3 first couple years on the market? And look at it now.

nintendon't

My body is ready to be disappointed.

I wonder if Ghosts Wii U will get announced or if they're gonna do the same old announce it a few weeks before it comes out: "hey you guise ghosts is coming to the Wii U in a few weeks and it'll have no DLC, missing features, updates 2-3 weeks after everybody else, and we're dropping support 4-5 months in! buy it plz"

barolb

I'm ready to be intrigued by Nintendo for their lineup of games, but i'm not expecting Ghosts to be announced at E3 for Wii U. History has now shown to repeat its self even on different consoles, apparently, so i can only conclude that Ghosts Wii U will be announced shortly before its release date, and once again it will turn up to be as you wrote.

The sad case scenerio is that the Wii U doesn't get Ghosts and gets a year break from Call of Duty like the Wii did, although i'm not really expecting that to happen since Activision did state that there is news to come about Next Gen versions at a later date (but seeing as how so many people don't look at generations as generations, that could just be for the PS4).

Before posting this, i just had an odd thought. What if Neversoft was developing the Wii U version of Ghosts? O_o Apparently Raven Software and Neversoft are assisting Infinity Ward in development for Ghosts. Treyarch hasn't been named O_o