1 2 3 4 Previous Next 145 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 1:03 PM by ion5150 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
        rankismet

otisman666 wrote:

rankismet wrote:

If they're leaving... you're winning. Be happy.

Unless they are host and they dashboard....:(

Another alternative could be to remove the K/D all together, that way nobody knows what their stat is and just plays the game for fun. 

When I bail... I'm usually host and cannot hit the ocean falling out of the Titanic.

Never gonna not have KDR... but people do need to just have more fun.

• 11. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

when playing league with one or two friends, and your team mate quites the game, before it even starts, the odds of you winning that game are very low. The people who leave league just becuase some people one on the other team may have a higher rank should have more done to them than just 5 Min probation.

• 13. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

Well COD multiplayer needs to have some type of competition or people start relying on things like KDR to prove they are better than someone else.

• 14. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
              ghamorra

I think there needs to be something. There are days I can't finish a match because the entire team quits, players just bail when they're not have an amazing game. That's not fair to other team

• 15. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

A system should be implement  where a ranks's worth of XP is taken when a player backs out 2 times in a specific period of time.  To make this work there should also be a thing where you can back out of a game within the first 30 seconds of joining and no penalties for anything should be given.  ITs stupid if i join a game where my teams getting destroyed and leaving the game gives me a loss.

• 16. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

Simply show how many times they "Rage Quit" on there public profile.

• 17. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?
                    mp5k-master

As much as we hate to admit it, there are times when rage quiting almost isn't a nonsense move.

For example, say you join a game of TDM, where there's under a minute left, and your team is down 68-4. Meanwhile, the other team has a brutal spawn trap in place, in addition to a VTOL, stealth chopper, and swarm all at the same time. You can't even move, especially on an open map. There's barely a point in staying for the remaining 30 seconds: your team is going to lose anyways, you'd be beyond lucky to get a kill, and you'll probably die 6 or 7 times. That game is unfair: you were thrown into a game that you were guarunteed to lose, and you're being killed due to the poor ability of those that were previously on your team. Why should you be penalized for leaving that game the moment you join? Answer: you shouldn't.

Now before any of you say that's unreasonable, and that this situation would never happen, it's happened to me before, several times. Rage quitting can be annoying, but sometimes you just have to deal with it.

Rage quitting and dashboarding/quitting can't be punished. There are factors that are sometimes out of your control. For example, what if your power flashes out in the middle of the game? Sorry, too bad. You're punished. That pesky younger sibling decides to run by and press the power button? Too bad. Your Xbox froze? Well, enjoy your punishment!

While it seems like punishment would be a great idea, it's impractical and would only bring about greater trouble.

• 18. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

I would propose a Rage Quit XP bar that appears after you quit a game early.  It makes the next "X" amount of XP go towards filling up that Rage Quit XP bar.  The first Quit will be something small like 250XP.  Each time you rage quit, the bar gets larger.  It should also restart each week. 

1 quit = 250

2 quit = 500

3 quit = 1000

4 quit = 2500

5 quit = 5000

This way, if something happens like, you need to answer the phone or the oven starts smoking, you won't be punished too severely.  Maybe make the first quit each week free. 

• 19. Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

Given all the issues this game is going to have on launch (like Black Ops, MW3, Black Ops 2..), people are going to be quitting left and right trying to find a lobby that is functional. These issues will persist for likely a good few weeks, and then in less severe forms for at least a couple months, and even then they'll never eliminate the problems completely.

Look at Black Ops 2 with their temp-ban "feature". That thing broke within the first week and so many innocent people were getting hit with those bans who did nothing wrong. They were just being dropped by the game because their game was broken, yet it still punished them.

As I've said, unless you address the reasons WHY people are quitting, you will never prevent them from doing so. Put in whatever punishment you like, it won't stop the problem. The only way to fix the problem is to look at why people are quitting, and address it there.

It's a bit like having a small child. That child might be throwing up on your carpet and you could get annoyed with it, but simply putting them in the corner and telling them "stop throwing up" isn't going to solve it. You have to figure out why they're throwing up and solve that.

The same is true with this game. Solve the reasons they're leaving, and you reduce the desire to leave.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next