17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2013 1:58 AM by TRU11 RSS

Will the last person turn out the lights?

Kothar44

Sunday prime time, only 228,000 people online (less than 10% of units sold.)  I tried a HC TDM and there were only 19,000 people playing. I'm in Seattle Washington and got matched with people in Indiana, Texas, Arizona, Kentucky and Ohio. (the ones with a mic)  Closest one was over 2,000 miles away. 

yesterday I kept getting virginia area code clan names, FLA clan names, ALA clan names, a dude in Nova Scotia Canada, who is a time zone east of eastern (4 hours ahead of me) and most of last week during the week I was playing vs Los Angeles (2500 miles away, Chicago is closer to me) game after game after game.

I wonder if they even care that a week after DLC release the lobbies are dead, even on a weekend.  It's an endless wait trying to play multi team, even with OPEN NAT.

• Re: Will the last person turn out the lights?
          illstplaya2live

You do realize that at certain times of the day the servers switch right?

At 3am on the east coast, the servers on the east coast switch to the west coast. Which means that people who are playing on the east coast will be matched with people on the west coast. And at 3am on the west coast switch as well. Same apies to other countries.

You already live in an area that doesn't have a lot of people online or who even have Internet. So being matched with people from 2000 miles away should be expected.

Kothar44

I was not talking 3 am.  I noted it is prime time and posted the paltry numbers of people online.

I know you think we are still covered wagons, indians and loggers out here, but Seattle area is 4.5 million people and we people that "aren't online or have internet" happens to be the home of Microsoft and Amazon to name just two.  Our phone service has FIOS and our cable gives 40/20 to remain competetive. 

Even as short as a month ago I used to just click "best" and find a match full of Seattle area references in names or clans, now if I see 2 in the lobby, it's a rareity.  Back then, having 2 from Portland Oregon (150 miles south) was the rareity.

The thread was about how quickly people are leaving the game, (the 228,000 total and 19,000 in HC TDM) are not Seattle area numbers) not how is sucks using dial up and smoke signals in Dogshit Alaska.

illstplaya2live

You still don't have enough people around you. You have about 7-9 states around you that are completely behind the rest of the U.S. There aren't enough people in your area. No COD ever matches you with 11 other people all in your area. Sometimes there's like 3 or 4 from the same state and the rest are from somewhere else, but most of the time it's people from different states. And since your right next to Canada expect a straggler from Canada to be playing in your lobby.

Numbers are down in COD and its been going down since BO1. Expect that to happen. If you don't like it then why continue to play? Just sell the game already.

illstplaya2live

And I just logged on. You have very very few people playing in your state and your surrounding states. What your experiencing is expected.

Kothar44

So a month ago there were plenty of people in my surrounding area and states and now there isn't?  I guess that's why it used to say 450-700k online at the time and now it says under 300k.  All those people in Seattle and the states surrounding me lost their internet.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I wonder how long before Bill has to move MS to a city with the internet.

The dwindling numbers are not a pacific northwest internet issue, it is a world wide issue. (look at the numbers of users in the UK and Australia that have given up)  The entire thread was nothing except to note how fast the amount of players online at a given time has dropped recently and how the dwindling amount causes farther and farther reaching lobbies.

How you can turn that into being a factor of where I live and that I need to sell the game escapes me. Thanks for the, ummm, input though.

illstplaya2live

What are you talking about? I already said COD numbers were down since BO1.

Why do you keep bringing up bill gates. He isn't playing COD. We are talking about COD and the number of people playing. You have no one now and you had very little before. You don't have enough people in your area playing COD. Look at the map. That gives an estimate of people playing at the time you log on. You have to realize that even if there are people playing nearby it might not be a good match for you.

Kothar44

I'm telling you the numbers are halved from a month ago, not from blops1.  I just don'y know how to get it through your head my post has nothig to do with how many people live close to me that play.  I keep bringing up Bill Gates because you keep telling me the drop from 650k average online last month to the 320k average online this month is because I live in Seattle.  The post is about how last month there were seldom fewer than 500k online and now there are seldom more than 400k online and that since there are so many fewer people online, the distance for the geographical spread of my lobbies has grown massivley.

If you want to start threads about how there are never 12 blops2 players of the same caliber on at one time in the greater Seattle area, or how there were more players of blops1 than blops 2 go right ahead.  Neither, however, belongs in this thread.

I'll try to simplify this for you...

Do you realize the amount of people online playing blops2 at a given time is less than 1/2 of what it was a month ago?  y/n  (circle one)

illstplaya2live

I never said the drop of players is because you live in Seattle. Please learn to read and comprehend. This is why the game and forum is for 17+. Not because of violence, but because no one wants idiots in the game or forum.

It's frustrating responding to someone who can't understand anything. So I'm done. You won't be playing online and that's not anyone's fault. If you want to be able to play then move to another state like somewhere on the east coast where there are more people playing and more choices for the game to match you up with someone. Or Sell the game.

ChestSplittah

Well, playing in a low populated playlist, living by "Canada" doesn't give you many options.

Or if P2P went away, and things were done with servers, provided by both Activision (laughs, passes out, wakes up, continues typing) and clans as it was done in more sane times, or in higher quality games (CoD is currently the McDonalds of FPS, it gets the job done but the quality isn't there) he could log in, hit a server list, find a localized server within an acceptable ping range, and play. 

And 4.5 million people in that area should be more than enough to get 12 players playing HC TDM within a reasonable ping range.  It's the game, not his location.

Kothar44

sigh...

which is why I keep stating again and again that this has NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MANY PEOPLE CLOSE TO ME ARE PLAYING.   IT'S ABOUT HOW THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE PLAYING WORLDWIDE HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF IN JUST THE LAST MONTH AND NOT EVEN 10% OF THE PEEPS THAT BOUGHT IT PLAY MONTHLY ANYMORE.

god, I wish it would let me close my own thread.

Tell you all what.  Since everyone wants to fight over how many people are still playing this game in the Seattle area, how many locals it takes to fill lobbies in various game types according to popularity and skill levels and how I should sell the game, since apparently I was not just playing for the last hour because  as I learned in this thread, living in Seattle I can't, play multiplayer anymore and since I "just don't understand" the meaning of my own thread... (pauses to inhale)  I'll just turn the thread over to you all since I have no interest in any of that.

peace out