13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2013 9:48 AM by TRU11 RSS

How to improve Arms Race

To be honest Arms Race is the only reason I play BO2 anymore, it's the only gamemode I play and although I like it there is definately room for improvement. I think two things should be changed.

1) Make the score limit 100 instead of 75. The games go quickly and if you don't go on a streak in the first minute or two you're unlikely (if you are going for the higher streaks) to cycle through your streaks.

2) The UAV should be disabled. The purpose of this gamemode is pretty much to get high streaks but there is crazy UAV spam. I think disabling the UAV for Arms Race would encourage people to use higher streaks rather then UAV, HK drone and skill package. Personally I think that the UAV, RC-XD, HK drone and skill package should all be disabled but that might be a bit too much.

• Re: How to improve Arms Race
          ghamorra

I didn't understand the thought of increasing the score. Getting points wasn't really the issue, it was running out of kills to call in the fun stuff. Sure you can get higher Streaks faster, but that doesn't mean you're going to have enough time to call them in. Even in KC I find it hard to fit a SWARM into the game

TRU11

no tnx.

arms race is and should be just a temporary game mode anyway so they should spent any little time  they all ready do elsewhere.

we HC players already got shafted with so little modes and now you want them to spent more time on yet another core mode off which their are a abundance.

Also if they take the UAV out then they might as well leave the ghost perk out as well and why bother having CUAV in lol.

then again i dont play this crap anyway so who cares what i say lo..

1- no

2- no

Totally agree. They should make Arms Race a permanent game mode and put it in the core playlist and they need to remove the UAV. Too much effing UAV spam.

phxs72

The biggest improvement needed for Arms Race is to cut down on the imbalanced matchmaking lag.  I quit playing it just because I was tired of either being invincible or shooting bullets that even marshmellows would consider to be too soft.  Very rarely could I find a balanced match.

Why would they change arms race? its LIMITED time.

Sun627girl

It's a limited time game mode, they have no reason to change it.

1. If the match is longer, people will just rage quit. Imagine after a certain point, there will be too many streaks out that makes it impossible to come back from. It's usually gameover when the enemy has swarms, dogs, choppers, vtol, uav, and what not. You can't stop all the scorestreaks and would be just slaughter by them.

2. There's no point of removing it. People who tries to spam the air with UAV will usually not survive. It only takes 6 kills to get some dangerous streaks going which makes UAV useless.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged
                          TRU11

arms race is and should be just a temporary game mode....

....we  HC players already got shafted with so little modes and now you want  them to spent more time on yet another core mode off which their are a  abundance....

...then again i dont play this crap anyway so who cares what i say lo..

It must be crap if you don't play it, right? 

Why should it be temporary?  Because you think by getting rid of it would  somehow magically mean more HC modes?  You're dreaming.

Im_not_BukLau wrote:

To be honest Arms Race is the only reason I play BO2 anymore,

Same here.  Love its pace.

1)  Make the score limit 100 instead of 75. The games go quickly and if you  don't go on a streak in the first minute or two you're unlikely (if you  are going for the higher streaks) to cycle through your streaks.

This would be interesting.  But it would slow down the pace. 

One thing I like about AR is I've seen less campers.  Unless you move  around a bit, you'll die.  100 kills will give campers a longer period  of time to camp until they get their streaks.

2)  The UAV should be disabled. The purpose of this gamemode is pretty much  to get high streaks but there is crazy UAV spam. I think disabling the  UAV for Arms Race would encourage people to use higher streaks rather  then UAV, HK drone and skill package. Personally I think that the UAV,  RC-XD, HK drone and skill package should all be disabled but that might  be a bit too much.

This too would be interesting.  But, again, while the UAV spammers are  annoying at times, this also helps reduce campers.  It's the only game  mode I always run Ghost (be stupid not to.)  Plus, let the spammers spam  the low streaks.  As soon as the better players get their higher ones,  they'll win the game the second half of the game.

Overall  AR has kept me playing BOII.  After playing TDM and TDM leagues for a  couple of seasons, I was getting a bit bored untiil AR came out.

Message was edited by: Yppecaye_the_Dogged:  Repost original.

TRU11

i see you cared what i said lol.

i find it crap cause its to easy to get the high scores and i cant possibly see why people would enjoy getting such a high end streak so easy.

it used to meant something to get those high end streaks yet now they got a mode that makes it easier in already an easy game.

Personally i dont see the challenge in playing that mode and after a day trying it out i went back to HQ and HCDom.

Also AR is an added mode and they almost always been temporary.

I have no problem if they decide to keep it but they should not spent so much time on it because they game those who asked for it what they wanted and developers should spend their time better.

i prefer them to work on the matchmaking and connectivity but i doubt they will ever do that.

its easier to tweak AR and make people happy that way.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

TRU11 wrote:

i find it crap cause its to easy to get the high scores and i cant possibly see why people would enjoy getting such a high end streak so easy.

it used to meant something to get those high end streaks yet now they got a mode that makes it easier in already an easy game.

Personally i dont see the challenge in playing that mode and after a day trying it out i went back to HQ and HCDom.

I have no problem if they decide to keep it but they should not spent so much time on it because they game those who asked for it what they wanted and developers should spend their time better.

i prefer them to work on the matchmaking and connectivity but i doubt they will ever do that.

I get your concern on how they should spend their finite time and resources (think about the time spent for pretty camos.)  If HC was my thing, you'd be seeing me starting threads promoting it like I do for AR.

I guess it's just different expectations and preferences in type of gameplay.

For me what's the point of having the high streaks if they're hardly or never used (in TDM).  Also, it speeds up the game, lights fires under campers, and provides a number of things I prefer seeing and not seeing in a match.

TRU11

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

TRU11 wrote:

I get your concern on how they should spend their finite time and resources (think about the time spent for pretty camos.)  If HC was my thing, you'd be seeing me starting threads promoting it like I do for AR.

I guess it's just different expectations and preferences in type of gameplay.

For me what's the point of having the high streaks if they're hardly or never used (in TDM).  Also, it speeds up the game, lights fires under campers, and provides a number of things I prefer seeing and not seeing in a match.

id rather play AR then TDM though so i give you that lol.

heck AR would be my 5th choice.

1HCDOM

2HQ

3GW

4HCKC

5AR.