1 2 3 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 12:23 AM by deamonomic Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?

The title said it all, I am sick of feeling like the game decides how we the players are meant to play the game. It's not that I am unable to adapt to a new play style, but I don't like the fact that I feel like I am restricted to a run and gun style. These are the reasons I find it very tiring to play this game. I do enjoy COD BO2, but I do wish that we the players had a bit more control of how we wish to play. I will list a few examples of what I am referring to.

1) Perks

The first and foremost issue with the perks is ghost, how bad have we as a community become where we can't even accept a perk to function correctly unless we are in constant motion. The idea behind this was to eliminate camping as a hole, be it the corner camper, door watcher, whatever. This doesn't even affect most of those players, because most of them want you to know where they are. The campers want you to come to them. The perk does affect the careful players, those who move around and relay on stealth as part of their style. The snipers who intend to use the weapon as intended, they relay on the ability to remain hidden until they fire.

Dead silence/awareness are both equally useless because the creators decided for us that using our other senses was unbalanced for others. That makes sense to me... I know if I were in a combat situation I wouldn't want to hear a damn thing either. I am not talking about the extreme footsteps that sitrep pro gave you in other games, but the fact that we can't even hear a person come up behind us is ridiculous.

2) Weapon attachments

We all know where I am going with this, the target finder... what were they thinking when they created this? Not only does it light up the night sky when when there is a person in it, but it throws kick out of the window. Yes lets create a sight that not only removes any need for awareness (not the perk) but help you be more accurate as well.

MMC just doesn't work. I thought this was going to be the answer for the communities problem with corner campers, but sadly it decides what walls you can see through.

To summarize the weapon attachment issues, the company or community decided that conventional skill was over rated and there must be options for those who lack it. I know the second list is short, but I am trying to keep this post a reasonable size.

3) Maps

They are feel the same, you have left, right, or middle. They leave out any real possibility to move around without being seen. They some small cover everywhere, not enough to truly move around unseen, but enough for every head glitcher in the world to have their own spot. They all feel like they are designed for close combat. I never feel the need to use anything other then a SMG or shotgun in this game.

Thank you and fire away.

• 1. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?
          starbuckfrack

The game doesnt restrict you to one style of play. YOU restrcit yorself to on style of play.

If you feel there is only a run and gun style then you apperently havent used all the perks, and attachemtn.

Or did you not happen to notice, for example, the campers in this game all over the place.

And again "headglitching" is called hiding. It has been in EVERY FPS shottoer since Quake. There is a reason they gave us things called grenades in this game. If you cant learn how to properly throw a grenade at them then all hope is lost for you.

If you cant hear an enemy coming up behind you then that is your fault. How come I can hear them coming up behind me and you cant ? The sound might be DIFFERENT but it is still there. Besides the fact if you dont have situational awareness enough to check behind you once in a while then what good are you for the rest of your team.

• 2. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?

Don't play? The developers never made it a secret. They said they want a fast pace game so the perks guns and maps reflects that. You dont want to be "forced" into a run n gun playstyle yet you still play noone forcing you to play a game you don't like. I didn't like MW3 so I rarely played it. there is other games besides Cod.

• 3. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?
              starbuckfrack

I feel like in the Forza games that they force us to race all the time

• 4. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?

starbuckfrack wrote:

The game doesnt restrict you to one style of play. YOU restrcit yorself to on style of play.

If you feel there is only a run and gun style then you apperently havent used all the perks, and attachemtn.

Or did you not happen to notice, for example, the campers in this game all over the place.

And again "headglitching" is called hiding. It has been in EVERY FPS shottoer since Quake. There is a reason they gave us things called grenades in this game. If you cant learn how to properly throw a grenade at them then all hope is lost for you.

If you cant hear an enemy coming up behind you then that is your fault. How come I can hear them coming up behind me and you cant ? The sound might be DIFFERENT but it is still there. Besides the fact if you dont have situational awareness enough to check behind you once in a while then what good are you for the rest of your team.

Headglitching is called hiding??? big difference between hiding and abusing the mechanics of staying behind cover and popping out to fire without other people seeing you

there are situation where you simply don't have the time, or the oppurtunity to look behind you (planting a bomb, capping a flag, ...) I feel they could boost some of the sounds and decrease some of the others (all the screaming for example)

• 5. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?
                  GoldenFAL

I play how I want I'm not forced in any way to play a certain way. If I want to camp I camp, if I want to run and gun that's what I will do. The maps in a way can dictate how you have to use different weapons. I have a low k/d so I have nothing to lose, I can play free without the worry of being killed more than getting kills. I think people are forced to play a certain way when they just want to protect their k/d ratio. If they took k/d out and made it a average then people would have a lot less stress on gameplay.

• 6. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?
                    starbuckfrack

The modeling crew and the developer know the height of the player and the height of the walls they hide behind. They DESIGNED the maps remember .

So are you telling me when for example the designed counters that people wouldnt hide behind them.

How come if its a glitch no one has ever gotten banned for headglitching ?

There is a reason they designed places like counters and boxes so you can HIDE behind them.

And if you dont take the time to look behind you then did you ever think that you can have a TEAMMATE look behind you ?

• 7. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?
                      starbuckfrack

Dont you think that ten years or 15 years ago when they started putting boxes down that someone wouldnt have said to them "Hey you cant put that there because someone can HIDE behind that.

A GLITCH is using something UNINTENTIONAL in the game or the game code to use against another player. Like hiding under the map.

They INTENDED the boxes to be there because they PUT them their as well as the made the boxes a certain height for a REASON. If they didnt intend people to use them then they would have raised the height of the box 15 years ago.

So when in COD ghosts you can lean out from a corner and shoot someone are you going to call them glitchers too ?

dont you think that if the COD designer didnt intend for you to "glitch" using them they would have made the boxes taller years ago ?

Only reason you people call it head "glitching" is because you are to lazy to overcome someone hiding behind something and blame your run and gun game play on someone else besides yourself.

• 8. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?

I about fell over laughing when I read you talk about grenades and properly learning to use them... Sorry, no disrespect to you, the laugh came from the games apperant assumption that everyone is a major league baseball pitcher, because we all know that in real life everyone can easily chunk a grenade (even the lightest real ones weighs noticably more than a baseball and a bit more than a softball btw) half-way across the map clear over the tops of buildings (sometimes multiple buildings at once) and everything else to have it land almost perefectly killing the enemy.

To me the outragious distances and heights that people can throw a grenade is one of the most obnoxiously un-realistic parts of the game.

In real life if you tried to throw a grenade over the top of a two story building to land on a "pinch point" in the battlefield what would really happen is it'd land on the roof and IF you was lucky it'd explode there and not roll backwards off the roof and back down onto your own head or the heads of your unit members

• 9. Re: Does anyone else feel that the Game desides how we should play?

I fully agree that certain sounds are way too low in relaton to others, We have a high end home threatre stereo surround-sound system, full dolby digital 7.1 multichannel and the most of battle and teamates sounhd real in every way, sounds that happen behind you sound like they are really coming from behind you, yet even with the awareness perk I never, repeat never once, have I been able to hear the footsteps of anyone coming up behind me except on downhil in the snow and even then only if they are at a full sprint and even then you only just barely hear their last footstep or two at the very last second before they are totally on top of you and kill you. I hear my own footsteps on the maps loud and clear to the point I wonder how anyone could keep from knowing exactly where I am if they were that loud to the enemy (so I know the footstep sound works) and yet I never anyone elses. I have tried adjusting the in-game sounds, the surround-sound systems sounds (it even has a "game" mode), and everything I can think of but to no avail. My character apperantly is a deaf when it comes to enemy footsteps or almost any other sounds they make unless they are so close that it's already waaay too late.

1 2 3 Previous Next