12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 3:06 PM by Cable99 RSS

The Probation Glitch

Cable99

OK, haven't posted here in a while but after last night...

I get Probation, um, often in HCKC. Fine. But for the last few days of play(since last week) I've been getting it nearly every time I TK out of a game. Its tedious and often times not my fault-a stray bullet into a burning car or barrel and I get the TKs when it blows, idiot greenies charging into my hellstorms, etc.

That said, last night I played on RAID. Green Coffin is my witness-he joined in the last minute and then partied up with me right after-but after winning the game(and getting the final kill cam) we backed out, formed a party, and prepared to jump into a new game from the pre-game lobby. BAM! I'm on probation. Fine, whatever, stupid game, etc, etc...

So I go smoke and chat with Coffin. Probation ends. YAY! I go to start us and BAM! I'm in probation for ANOTHER 5 minutes!

What's worse-we sat chatting after the RAID game for at least 15 minutes-but no probation counted down during that time. So for 25 minutes, we sat in pre-game. I'm getting sick of sitting around for all of these Probations. I used to maybe get one every couple of nights. Now I'm averaging 3 or more a night.

Wy doesn't Probation count down when you are poised to jump into a game unless you actually have the stupid timer window open?

And why did I get probation for NOTHING? TWICE?

• Re: The Probation Glitch
          starbuckfrack

Do we need another probation thread ?

I mean this is spammed all over the fourm already, dont you think someone has been here as long as you have would know the rules ?

and you know for a fact that it is your fault for not taking more care not to kill a team mate. It is called HARDCORE fro a reason.

its not a glitch if you start deciding to kill your team mates.

phxs72

This is just a guess but I'm betting that you left before you got back to the lobby and since you were already getting a probation for TKing, your leaving the game early landed you another one.  From what I've read you have to complete a game or so after getting a probation in order to avoid getting hit with another one right away.

Past that if you are having trouble not TKing your teamates you should consider going back to MW3.  I say this only because MW3 has Ricochet rules and I found it to be quite helpful in training me to not kill my teamates.  That and HC TDM in MW3 has a respawn delay which I loathed.  So basically if I didn't want to spend every match looking at a respawn timer, I had to learn to control my shots and my killstreak placement.  Taking that experience into BO2, I've never gotten a 5 minute probation.  It's something to consider.

Cable99

phxs72 wrote:

This is just a guess but I'm betting that you left before you got back to the lobby and since you were already getting a probation for TKing, your leaving the game early landed you another one.  From what I've read you have to complete a game or so after getting a probation in order to avoid getting hit with another one right away.

Past that if you are having trouble not TKing your teamates you should consider going back to MW3.

I didn't leave early because I stayed to see my points total and waited until the lobby re-cycled to the "waiting for additional players" section. And I DIDN'T tk my way out-I was the final kill cam, as stated.

Either way-I got 2 Probations without playing another round.

As for having a "problem" tk-ing: my only problem is I like noob tubes and tend to get a lot of collateral damage, despite the fact that I'm one of the best tube shooters out there. It comes with the territory. I know that and take it into account. If things start getting hairy I switch to a burst AR so I have tighter control of my firing. I've been playing for a long time and understand the merely obvious.

You think that is bad. I had not played the game for about two weeks. Was playing WoT on teh pc. I come to play the game and I am on probation in league for 5 minutes, even though I had not even played in the last two weeks at all. So yes it is borked and needs to be fixed or removed; but neither is going to happen in this game on this console.