10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 3:45 AM by rustygun RSS

Ghosts...Please dont go pc

rustygun

Woke up this mornin and had a cold sweat...like a vision everything about call of duty that we love is about to change...Or was it a dream?

Massive maps, huge player counts, complicated cluttered gameplay???????

Please Mr Dev, tell me it was a bad dream and infact everything is all good. After all, you wouldnt make fifa and take away the football and replace it with a space hopper, and then make the goals two miles apart would you??

Some things need to stay the same...

• Re: Ghosts...Please dont go pc
          starbuckfrack

You know you do have a choice not to buy it. No one is putting a gun to your head.

Besides I doubt they have enough power to run 64 player gameplay on the 360 version.

rankismet

rustygun wrote:

Woke up this mornin and had a cold sweat...like a vision everything about call of duty that we love is about to change...Or was it a dream?

Massive maps, huge player counts, complicated cluttered gameplay???????

Please Mr Dev, tell me it was a bad dream and infact everything is all good. After all, you wouldnt make fifa and take away the football and replace it with a space hopper, and then make the goals two miles apart would you??

Some things need to stay the same...

Before you have a panic attack...

... IW need to reveal MP.

Actually yes they could make fifa become exactly like that for a futuristic version of the game. And yes many players would love the new game dynamics about it too. Not everyone likes small maps all the time. Not everyone needs or wants Rust sized maps just to fullfill there adrenaline needs all the time. Some that do play the game do want larger maps, with even more players per match.

starbuckfrack

No one ever promised huge MP maps in Ghosts yet, you know.

Dont get your hopes up until its revealed.

SubToXd

So your telling me you want to see the same **** COD has been doing for past 7 titles huh...I say hell to the NO. I want something weve never seen before on console.

rustygun

I love the new stuff too. Like fifa players like new stuff, but they dont want to play basketball instead of fifa. but you guys are right, no one said there will be massive maos, just gettin a feelin. varied sizes are ik but not massive matches...no no no!

JobIessMoney

Every CoD game so far has been released on the PC... Ghosts will be no exception. Also, they wouldn't change the game style, CoD is a close quarters fast paced shooter and it'll stay that way for quite a while. Battlefield is the massive maps FPS game around right now and CoD switching up it's style to a larger scale wouldn't even compete with BF.

For me, that last two CODs have been flops for nothing more than terrible maps. Small, cluttered, running around at 100 MPH non-stop chaos. It can be fun, but not at the expense of diversity. Playing like this 100% of the time tends to get stale after awhile.

My main request for Ghosts is bigger, more open maps. That being said, I don't want to see something like Battlefield's Caspian Border. As good of a map as it is in that game, something 5x the size of Derail obviously would not work in Call of Duty, not without massively increasing player count (but then is it really COD anymore?).

Now, if we get some maps that are comparable to Derail in size, I wouldn't be opposed to a 12 vs 12 playlist. Things wouldn't be too chaotic, but you certainly wouldn't feel alone out there, either.

It seems really simple to me. Infinity Ward traditionally ships their games with 16 maps. Just do it like this:

- 8 medium maps, comparable in size to MW2's Afghan

- 4 large maps, comparable in size to MW2's Derail or WaW's Seelow

- 4 small maps, comparable to MW2's Scrapyard or Black Ops' Firing Range.

Presto. Diversity.

Sadly I don't see the happening. Expect the trend of the same, close quarters-only crap seen in MW3 and BOII to continue.