8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 4:25 AM by CupcakeBandit RSS

Ghost Perk Problem ?

What is the purpose of Ghost ? I use it on every class, but people constantly know where I am. I'm not a camper, I rush in games, I even use a silencer. Yet, I always show up on the radar. Does Ghost only work for UAVs ? If I'm going to show up on the radar regardless, why even use the perk ? It's pointless.

• Re: Ghost Perk Problem ?
          TheBeaR706

ADS'ing with an LMG or Assault Rifle(With out stock) will reveal you on the radar, silenced or not if you're not moving above 50% of your movement speed with weapon X will cause you to be seen while a UAV is active.

ghamorra

To activate Ghost you have to move roughly 3 steps along a horizontal plane, if you fail to move 3 steps within 3 seconds time (this is all estimation) then you'll show on radar.

The catch here is that it has to horizontal not 3 steps up stairs or an incline. For instance Standoff has that double staircase that leads up to teh balcony of the store. Ghost will deactivate by the time you reach the top of the stairs because most of the distance you cover is vertical, not horizontal.

Also it has to be in one direction, so you have to enter an entirely new 3 step radius every 30 seconds. Ghost won't work if you're constantly moving inside the same house because you're going to constantly enter a radius you were already in.

Basically what I'm saying is that Ghost is useless unless you plan on crossing a map. If you're going to patrol and area I would recommend Flak Jacket

you have to keep running or aiming down sight with stock equipped for ghost to stay effective stay on the move and you wont be detected

Izjar11

MR_PERFECT7 wrote:

What is the purpose of Ghost ? I use it on every class, but people constantly know where I am. I'm not a camper, I rush in games, I even use a silencer. Yet, I always show up on the radar. Does Ghost only work for UAVs ? If I'm going to show up on the radar regardless, why even use the perk ? It's pointless.

Better suggestion..stop using ghost and chuck an emp nade before moving into enemy territory, you knock equipment out, radar, and blind those hit by it temporarily.

Just move in a circle ffs. You see your radar? You see the yellow triangle? When you stand still its bright and solid, when you move (thus enabling ghost mode) it goes translucent. You can tell if your in ghost by checking if your yellow triangle is see through, simple.

When running solo i use ghost. I use the walk in a circe technique ALL the time. Im sorry ghamorra but your wrong.

CupcakeBandit

just because you have ghost doesn't mean they can't still see you on their screen. the removal of ghillie suit pretty much defeat the purpose of stealth.