14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 12:13 PM by LORD_GRRR RSS

What if.

As if the ranking and leaderboards were already a heated subject, what if treyarch were to grant the top 100 teams free online access for zombies? Maybe this would fix some of the issues because the top games would have to be monitored and viewable.  Something to give back to the community. Just a thought

• Re: What if.
          SparkleNova

free online access? im confused as to what you mean by that...please explain..

SparkleNova

like an xbox membership? that would be over $6000 dollars out of their pockets. they would NEVER do that

That's not that bad for marketing.

LORD_GRRR

You just got me curious (I'm a numbers freak).  So there are approximately 12,000,000 people playing BO2 zombies on Xbox alone.  As far as I know the cheapest rate anyone can obtain for a year of online access is $60.

When you do the math, that equates to minimum earnings of $7,200,000 per year.  That would make a $6,000 marketing expense cost a mere .00083% of total revenue in regards to zombies.  

Monitoring all the gameplay, however, would make something like this next to impossible. 

There is no way in hell that 12 million people play zombies.

Maybe like 5 million at the most.

Just threw out the 100 as a round number but what about top 3 dirty dozen. They should be looking at the leaderboards to begin with. Definatly not that original an idea, derived from the forum challenges. If just a few forum members monitor a challenge broadcasted to the amount of people in this then a company that pulled down over a billion dollars the first week of sales can surely figure out the logistics. Sh!t, back when I was a kid if you told me that we would be playing a game with other people around the globe in real time I'd say that be ludacris.

LORD_GRRR

Tacnimin wrote:

Sh!t, back when I was a kid if you told me that we would be playing a game with other people around the globe in real time I'd say that be ludacris.

Totally hear you!  I would have said the same thing back then.  I remember talking to my dad on the phone when he'd be on a business trip on the other side of the world from me and having to wait 5 seconds before what I said was heard by him.  Then I had to wait another 5 seconds to hear his reply. 

That's why I chose to say "next to impossible", not just "impossible".  I'm not in IT so I'm making an assumption that at this time it would be very difficult to monitor it all.  Someone with IT experience should chime in here with the low down on how realistic something like this would be.

One thing is fore sure, though.  Given a few more years and technological advances, however, lots of sh*t we now think of as ludicrous will be achievable. 

SparkleNova

this is activision and microsoft we are talking about... two biggest money whores in gaming. plus if anything they would give these out in multiplayer tournaments. zombies is a second class citizen in activisions book.

But what would they give PS3 people.....

IFirebombCopZ

http://25.media.tumblr.com/142d1bcde2bf5b55fbe456ff4cc66a25/tumblr_mjcjmh4yoX1rmur82o1_500.gif