35 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 2:58 PM by DesertStrike RSS

Favorite LMG optic

darkrangeresp

I know there are a ton of sights available in this game. I was just wondering what everybody's favorite optic for an LMG build is.  Is it better to go with aiming assist or just use the iron sights to save the pick 10 slot?  Let me know what your favorite is.

• Re: Favorite LMG optic

Well if you ask any noob, they would say target finder. It's what half the kids with no skill use in this game.

deamonomic

TheKiNGBowDown wrote:

Well if you ask any noob, they would say target finder. It's what half the kids with no skill use in this game.

and the other half complains about what the others are doing...

my favorite sight is the iron sights. they are wonderful in this game. why waste a point on an attachment when the Iron sights are so nice?

SitRepPro

You play BO2 without Toughness and aim assist?

Yeah actually I don't play with either. Aim assist gets me killed a lot from being pulled sometimes in the wrong direction. I stopped using it in mw3. Toughness is useless also for me.

deamonomic

TheKiNGBowDown wrote:

Yeah actually I don't play with either. Aim assist gets me killed a lot from being pulled sometimes in the wrong direction. I stopped using it in mw3. Toughness is useless also for me.

how is toughness useless? i have it on all me classes. cant stand dieing due to flinch

SitRepPro

If he's telling the truth then he plays hardcore, in which case it doesn't count.  Or he uses shotguns in core.  That also doesn't count.

No I play core Im just able to get more headshors without when I aim at their chest because it causes your gun to move up. Its just my preference something else can work for you I wasn't trying to attack toughness as a whole I meant its useless for me.

SitRepPro

Fair enough.  I've gone without Toughness during the weapon challenges as I go without perks and attachments in one go.  I seem to remember it being a bit of a chore but I probably only remember that because it was against good players and I wasn't being selective in my gunfights.  Got a few headshots without using Toughness that I think made me win gunfights that I might have otherwise lost than if I had Toughness on.

XGunsmokeX

Target Finder doen't help a bit with rushers running around out in the open. However, it is worth it's weight in gold at pointing out guys hiding waiting for someone to walk by, Snipers peeking out of windows, and camping head glitchers.

Yes, a lot of low skill level players use it on every map to help them identify targets. But, they also use it poorly. I have been easing around a corner only to have them start shooting as soon as they see the corner of the red box, which give me plenty of time to back off and throw concussions and C4 or semtex. They also have a hard time tagging you at distance when you are sprinting across open areas due their poor gun skills.

Good players can clean up with TF, but Dual Band is more my style since I can see exactly where the enemy is instead of a generic box around him.

MK48 with silencer and Dual Band is my anti-sniper platform of choice.

Finally, if 'everyone' is using it, then it makes the Cold Blooded Perk and EMP greandes actually have a little value.

This game is not about running around seeing who has the fastest reflexes with an SMG. It is about figuring out your enemies loadout and tactics and adapting to them.

SitRepPro

XGunsmokeX wrote:

This game is not about running around seeing who has the fastest reflexes with an SMG.

I could have sworn differently at launch.  Everyone, their mum, and their pet dogs all used the PDW and the MSMC.   By the way, COD has its roots in Quake 3 Arena because of the game engine, which had a reputation for being a fast reaction shooter.  You can run around the map like in that game like those hacked lobbies you get for COD4 and WaW.  Sonic will be pleased I'm sure.

bigdaddyg85

I would say if not iron sights then perhaps just a basic red dot sight. That normally does the trick

Target finder nuff said, dual band scope is for sniper, not fit on lmg I think since I always use target finder in any weapon.

Irons or red dot usually, I do quite like the dual band though, it can be very effective butI don't like losing my peripheral vision.

Definitely the iron sights. TF is for goobs that suck and need the lower recoil to hit stuff.

bigjon00

target finder is not for noobs , people who say noob are the ones who get killed all the time by it.

i use the target finder on lmg all the time , it dosent mean im a bad player at all , it dosent get you kills it just shows you people who are hiding in head glitches and it dark corners or rooms . adpt or stop moaning over nothing.

SitRepPro

Target Finder doesn't lower the recoil if you mean centrespeed.

thebiindsniper

For people who think Target Finders on LMGs are for noobs, they are mistaken.  It's not the target finder making the weapon better. it's the LMG itself that's so damn effective.  If the target finder made weapons more powerful, then every single person would have the target finder equipped on every single weapon.

In regards to the topic, I like to use LMGs with the dual band sight so I can shoot through my smoke grenades to protect the objectives.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Well the evidence seems to say other wise ! :) What's every corner camping Dbag rocking ? Yip you guessed it the LMG TF ! :O if it wasnt so easy to use then why are they using it ? ;)

thebiindsniper

What evidence?  And the reason why the LMG is so effective is because of it's power, even without the TF.

What do you find more nooby?  Someone sitting in a corner with an LMG, or the players who refuse to check their corners and deal with the threat quickly and accurately? 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Evidence is the simple fact that practically EVERY corner camping scrub is using it :D a corner camper might get me once but that's it ! Once I know here he/she is its camper trolling time :D

thebiindsniper

It's not the weapon and/or attachments that corner campers use that's so powerful.  It's the simple tactic they use that players hate.  I bet if every corner camper used a handgun with a suppressor, then suppressed handguns will be the nooby weapon combination instead of LMGs with Target Finders.

We live in a world where the Call of Duty community hates hardscoping, yet when we ask those individuals why they hate hardscoping, they can't give an answer.  The point is, people will say anything is nooby when they are angry, and it's the most commonly complained about weapons and attachments that are used more often because people want to feed upon negative reactions.  Make sense?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

"It's the simple tactic they use that player hate " simple being the operative word ! Lol it requires no skill ! And quite honestly I can't see how ADSing at a door way for 5 minutes can be in anyway fun . Plus you learn nothing ! Spawns ,map flow , the actual layout of the map ! Lol gun skill ,reaction time etc etc

SitRepPro

Gunskill in this game is probably low.  How many times do people kill you with the SCAR and try to pick you off at range?  Not many.  It is a later unlock but so is the AN-94 and I see that far more often than the SCAR.  You will see people going for the less recoil guns.  I sometimes play with the MP7 with rapid fire when Hijacked comes up for fun.  I swear I see more of the Vector these days.

deamonomic

thebiindsniper wrote:

For people who think Target Finders on LMGs are for noobs, they are mistaken.  It's not the target finder making the weapon better. it's the LMG itself that's so damn effective.  If the target finder made weapons more powerful, then every single person would have the target finder equipped on every single weapon.

In regards to the topic, I like to use LMGs with the dual band sight so I can shoot through my smoke grenades to protect the objectives.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

it doesnt make the gun more powerful just easier to use. I honestly dont have a problem with it

squity123

I've got to say Hybrid Optic on the LSAT, Zoom on the MK48, Target Finder on the HMAR, and Iron Sights for the QBB.

They've worked best for me :-)

SoMCJoker

HAMR with EOtech sight and Spray reticle. Camp yo'ass off, fcuk what the bedroom dwellers on this forum say, there's nout wrong with camping, even with a Target finder. You're playing to win, not to feel better about how the other team perceives you.

highlandsparky

I like the LSAT with the iron sights...Although, I do prefer iron sights on most my guns.

Bielsalmighty

I'm pretty 'meh' about the Target Finder TBH. Then again I run with Cold Blooded as standard. I like the added sneakiness you get from it, it noticeably wrongfoots people. Especially in HC.

r33k

depends on the situation and gun.

the only LMG that really needs a sight is the MK48 IMO(due to its irons deisgn).

that aside, i like the dual band and the use of smoke  when i play DOM.

for maps like DRONE or TURBINE i will employ the variable zoom optic(on LSAT and MK48 only).

if i just want to **** everyone i'll put a target finder on a  MK48 and frankly i dont really care if people complain(and they do). the complainers are just people who couldent overcome it. if they where really as good as they say they are, there would be nothing to complain about.

no sights on the hammer or the barbeque. they are more assaulty than anything.

codchamp

It is easy OP. The TF obvioulsy

nintendon't

I rock dat sexy target finder with diamond camo on my LMGs...lighting up SMG kids by day....lighting up the ladies hearts at night.

I love the blue circle on the Red Dot. It gives good peripheral view while refraining from blocking the center in case I am zeroed in on a sniper's location.

LSAT with  target finder, combine that with the Primary gunfighter wildcard and also add Rapid fire and Foregrip = Win, Win.