1 2 3 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2014 2:53 PM by trialstardragon RSS

    Bring back diversity

    scotland-rules

      In call of duty Ghosts we need the diversity that previous CoDs has offered. Black Ops 2 was a complete run and gun shitfest and I'll be honest, I don't like it. Its not because I can't play Run and Gun, but the fact is, 2 games and I'm really bored of the game and want to adopt different playstyles but the thing is, the game is centered around run and gun and its actually slightly harder to play as a long range sniper or a slower moving stealth player.

       

      Fact is, the game needs diversity. I mean look at MW2 that game, on nearly every map, you could play as a sniper, camper, run and gunner, anything. In this you are more forced into one playstyle.

       

      Bring back diversity because Black Ops 2 killed it with terrible spawns and terrible map design. 

        • 1. Re: Bring back diversity
          ghamorra

          The Call of Duty population is at an all-time low. Since early spring numbers have been huddled around the low 200k. Ask anyone and they'll tell you they're bored. People aren't just limiting their play, they're giving it up completely. Boredom sets in when you only have one method to play. I've have a lot of time in and have dedicated myself to playing my own way and not conforming. I've found success in as a stealth player but it's not without major and inconvenient sacrifices.

          • 2. Re: Bring back diversity
            iivrruummii

            We are hitting close to 400K in multiplayer on the Xbox 360 and another 300K in zombies.  Definitely not an all time low.  People always get bored around the 6-9 month mark.  It is something that happens every year.

             

            Stealth in BO2 was perfect.  I really hope that IW keeps BO2's Ghost.

            • 3. Re: Bring back diversity
              scotland-rules

              iivrruummii wrote:

               

              We are hitting close to 400K in multiplayer on the Xbox 360 and another 300K in zombies.  Definitely not an all time low.  People always get bored around the 6-9 month mark.  It is something that happens every year.

               

              Stealth in BO2 was perfect.  I really hope that IW keeps BO2's Ghost.

               

              I really don't understand you, Stealth in Black Ops 2 is run and gun, expect you pack ghost instead of say, lightweight or whatever.

               

              To me I can't snipe, not only because of the samll maps, but because of the fact a UAV goes up and I'm flashed on the mini map because  I don't run and gun, that isn't fair.

               

              To me we should have the option to play how we want and not show up on the radar which creates a diverse set of gameplay.

               

              Basically everything in this game was designed and centered around running and gunning but if you had played ANY of the previous CoDs they were much more diverse for ALL players which is why we need the old style of CoD back in Ghosts because if ghosts is like this game then diversity will fail and I'll just turn to BF4 because its possibly my only option.

              • 4. Re: Bring back diversity
                scotland-rules

                ghamorra wrote:

                 

                The Call of Duty population is at an all-time low. Since early spring numbers have been huddled around the low 200k. Ask anyone and they'll tell you they're bored. People aren't just limiting their play, they're giving it up completely. Boredom sets in when you only have one method to play. I've have a lot of time in and have dedicated myself to playing my own way and not conforming. I've found success in as a stealth player but it's not without major and inconvenient sacrifices.

                Exactly, you say you have to sacrifice and give up a lot and make major Inconvenient for yourself. Did you feel you had to do that in other CoDs because to play stealthy in other CoDs I didn't feel the need. I felt I was on the same level as Run and Gunners and now in this game I feel quite disadvantaged as run and gunners have everything catered to them.

                • 5. Re: Bring back diversity
                  iivrruummii

                  You have the option to play how you want.  No one is stopping you from playing how you want.

                   

                  If you camp you show up on the mini map, but if you move around you don't.

                   

                  In previous COD games stealth perks became OP due to the fact that they protected you from so much while other perks did only 1-3 things.  Ghost in BO1 blocked nearly everything.  Assassin in MW3 blocked nearly everything.  Ghost in BO2 was perfect, it wasn't too overpowered or underpowered, and I think that it did the game justice.

                  scotland-rules wrote:

                   

                   

                  but if you had played ANY of the previous CoDs

                  As for this I have been playing since COD4.  MW2 was the last good COD before BO2.  BO2 is great IMO, if Ghosts is anything like BO2, I will really enjoy it.  I cannot wait to see some multiplayer at Gamescom.

                  • 6. Re: Bring back diversity
                    iivrruummii

                    Run and gunners are the ones making plays, winning games.  If you cannot kill someone running around then you shouldn't be playing COD.  As a Run and gunner myself, I lose many gunfights to campers and "stealthy" players.  Thanks to the new Ghost, I don't lose as many.  I don't use Ghost anymore, just seems like a waste of a perk.  Flak Jacket is much better and is what I run on 90% of my classes.  Stealth should be a strategy not sitting in a corner.  To be stealthy you need to move around the enemy and take him by surprise, which has been lost in the community and only a few are decent at it.  Other than that most people just sit and wait for something to happen, otherwise camping.

                     

                    Again if you complain about run and gunners killing you then you really should look at yourself.  Maybe they are just better than you period with or without perks("catered" to them).  In BO1 and MW3 campers were catered MUCH MORE than run and gunners will ever be, so stop complaining about it in BO2.

                     

                    Best class for myself a run and gunner-AN-94 Red Dot, Quickdraw, Stock. Flak Jacket, Toughness, Scavenger, and Dexterity.  To me this class has many drawbacks like I am not stealthly at all.  I don't have any tacticals or lethals.  But I have faster abilities.  I really don't think I am being catered to as a run and gunner, so keep spreading false rumors.

                    • 7. Re: Bring back diversity
                      scotland-rules

                      iivrruummii wrote:

                       

                      Run and gunners are the ones making plays, winning games.  If you cannot kill someone running around then you shouldn't be playing COD.  As a Run and gunner myself, I lose many gunfights to campers and "stealthy" players.  Thanks to the new Ghost, I don't lose as many.  I don't use Ghost anymore, just seems like a waste of a perk.  Flak Jacket is much better and is what I run on 90% of my classes.  Stealth should be a strategy not sitting in a corner.  To be stealthy you need to move around the enemy and take him by surprise, which has been lost in the community and only a few are decent at it.  Other than that most people just sit and wait for something to happen, otherwise camping.

                       

                      Again if you complain about run and gunners killing you then you really should look at yourself.  Maybe they are just better than you period with or without perks("catered" to them).  In BO1 and MW3 campers were catered MUCH MORE than run and gunners will ever be, so stop complaining about it in BO2.

                       

                      Best class for myself a run and gunner-AN-94 Red Dot, Quickdraw, Stock. Flak Jacket, Toughness, Scavenger, and Dexterity.  To me this class has many drawbacks like I am not stealthly at all.  I don't have any tacticals or lethals.  But I have faster abilities.  I really don't think I am being catered to as a run and gunner, so keep spreading false rumors.

                       

                      Actually I never said I die from run and gunners, the fact I can play Run and Gun as that was my preferred playstyle back in WAW. However when MW2 came out I switched to Cold Blooded as my primary hidden perk and I played more stealthy with holding down areas. I'll give you more of a recent example. On Hardhat in MW3 I held down the central area, now my biggest advantage was not showing up on radar and taking my enemy by surprise. Now the thing about holding down an area is you need to know when to move and know when to stay still and anticipate what direction your enemy is coming. Stealth is my biggest advantage and that playstyle is ruined in BO2

                       

                      I can run and gun, I just find it so boring after 3 games. I prefer to mix up my playstyles and a lot have been ruined in the name of runing camping.

                       

                      The fact BO2 tried to eliminate camping but THEY DID NOT. Instead they killed a lot of middle level tactical and stealth playstyles where you might not run as much but you do still move. Add in bad spawning and tiny maps (compared to BO1 and MW2 and WAW and CoD 4) you have a prefect run and gun game with drawbacks on stealth which isn't fair.

                       

                      Its killed diversity, like I said I can run and gun I just don't find it fun. To me having a diverse set of enemies (e.g. some tactical, some run and gun and some camping) is much more fun than someone who's just run and gunning all day.

                       

                      And I'm not spreading false rumors because they are true. Basically due to small maps, bad spawning and a variety of rusher based perks (even ghost works with rushers) you have major advantages over someone who either doesn't move as much in the game or someone who plays tactical and needs to avoid detection.

                       

                      You're evidently a run and gun fan and can't see the bigger picture where as I play multiple playstyles including run and gun and I can see it from all angles.

                      • 8. Re: Bring back diversity
                        scotland-rules

                        iivrruummii wrote:

                         

                        You have the option to play how you want.  No one is stopping you from playing how you want.

                         

                        If you camp you show up on the mini map, but if you move around you don't.

                         

                        In previous COD games stealth perks became OP due to the fact that they protected you from so much while other perks did only 1-3 things.  Ghost in BO1 blocked nearly everything.  Assassin in MW3 blocked nearly everything.  Ghost in BO2 was perfect, it wasn't too overpowered or underpowered, and I think that it did the game justice.

                        scotland-rules wrote:

                         

                         

                        but if you had played ANY of the previous CoDs

                        As for this I have been playing since COD4.  MW2 was the last good COD before BO2.  BO2 is great IMO, if Ghosts is anything like BO2, I will really enjoy it.  I cannot wait to see some multiplayer at Gamescom.

                         

                        I agree Assassin had too many abilities in MW3 but honestly, the abilities were that small that they didn't matter to me. However, as for BO1 ghost did the same as MW2 and in BO1 you had flat Jacket which was an amazing perk which saved my life often and I did use ghost but both perks were very powerful.

                         

                        Now with the pick 10 system in BO2 they could have balanced it perfectly by Ghost ONLY blocking radar and if you wanted full immunity from other killstreaks you would have had to use 4 points (one wildcard, two perks and the CB from the second tier, that's a lot to give up, meaning you're likely to sacrifice other useful things in the game.

                         

                        With the pick 10 they could have balanced out the perks perfectly.

                        • 9. Re: Bring back diversity

                          BO2 has no diversity. Everything caters to offensive players- maps, perks- ghost doesn't keep you off radar when you are not moving- this makes the game really difficult to PTFO properly. I play mainly Domination, and these maps make defending the obj more difficult than it should be.

                           

                          Plus, we need to see the return of map variety and maps catering to all playstyles like COD 4 or MW2. If every player runs and guns then it turns into a clusterfuck.

                          1 2 3 Previous Next