34 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 12:07 PM by UcampILaughUcry RSS

    OPEN QUESTION

      I openly ask activision and treyarch about additional content to this game in the wii u console, and about information regarding support and fixes, have you abandoned us? are going to have an answer about new content coming for the wii u version?

        • Re: OPEN QUESTION
          BobbyMcGee

          Might as well come to terms with the fact that support is gone except for maybe, and its a big maybe, the report button for boosters. Mods have said "report in game" so idk. As far as dlc, patches, or the next title, nobody will tell you a thing. I assume that is what you mean by new content. I'm getting a ps4 and the next battlefield for that console when fall comes, most likely I am done with cod, especially on a Nintendo platform.  Asking for the same game as every other console isn't too much to ask, and it just ain't gonna happen so why bother?

          • Re: OPEN QUESTION
            LastShadowCOD

            You're beating your head against a wall.

              • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                i was just asking in hopes some trayarch dev read it and have the dignity to answer, as far as i know this is the first and last cod game on nintendo platform i buy, i feel sorry for the ones that supported it since wii games i recommend to all readers to not buy any future cod titles if they are ever released for nintendo consoles

                  • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                    EliteKing

                    so just because you came from the ps360 consoles, you bash a nintendo version just cuz it doenst have DLC?

                     

                    dude, we dont need DLC to enjoy a game.

                     

                    the past 5, yes count them: 1, COD 3; 2, W@W; 3, MWR; 4, BO; 5, MW3 were all watered down ports and this is the first EVER cod game to be in HD on a nintendo console.

                     

                    so HD plus the fact that we get all killstreaks and titles and emblems too boot.

                     

                    oh yeah, and the main reason why i and im many other people play CoD on the WiiU, is the Wiimote controller.

                      • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                        BobbyMcGee

                        the reason i play it on wii u is because i wanted the next zelda, mariokart, and smash bros. i play zombies, thats the game mode i have set up to open when i run the game. our zombies is less than half-assed, and i shouldnt have to buy another console to get continuation in the game.

                        • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                          dude just read your answer again:"we got all killstraks and titles and emblems" from what you write you were expecting an incomplete COD game, thats the problem here, people is so used to be abandoned by 3rd parties that they feel glorious when they port an almost complete game, the hell dont be that mediocre and ask for your rights as customer, beside as Bobby said peple dont buy wii u cause of 3rd party games thats why i ask to not support the 3rd parties that dont deserve to be supported.

                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                              We didn't get an incomplete game (although you could make a point for Elite, but that's worthless either way). We got the full game, we got what we paid for: the campaign. We got zombies too, and we got multiplayer along with all the maps the other consoles got at launch, excluding Nuketown 2025. You say we got an incomplete game? Pfff, get back to Earth, man. If you expect fair treatment in a community as small as ours, then you're in for a big dissapointment. Besides, what you are classifying as the complete game is the content already on the disk, along with the DLC. So let me tell you something: DLC is NOT MANDATORY. It does not in any way make the game "complete". Again, if you still think we'll be getting DLC, then too bad; it's not happening. It's simply not profitable for them to release it.

                               

                              That's right; welcome to the real world, where unfortunately everything is run by money.

                                • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                  i never said DLC was happening, and as i said IT IS AN INCOMPLETE GAME by just not having same treat as other consoles, u said it your self, we didnt even get nuke town wich was at launch  for other platforms, i dont know what u consider as complete or incomplete but as far as i know or at least for me in terms of content it is incomplete

                                    • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                      DLC is extra content. Take Assassin's Creed, for example. You get the game; you beat it. Then what? You can just leave it there, or purchase the extra DLC missions. See where I'm getting at with this? DLC is not a rule, it's a luxury that only the other consoles got. Why not us? Economics. Get that into your head. I don't understand why that's so difficult to understand. If they don't find it profitable, they won't do it. There's only 3000 people online now (as a maximum). And before you say it, the amount of accounts on the leaderboards doesn't matter. Probably most of those were people that played for 10 minutes then never touched the game again.

                                       

                                      If you want an incomplete game, go play CoD on the Wii. Then come back here and tell me if we really got an "incomplete" game on WiiU.

                                        • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                          barolb

                                          Honestly, i don't care so much for DLC, but getting the same treatment in terms of patch support should be a given. The game is complete, but as far as being treated fairly, in comparison to the other platforms, Black Ops 2 Wii U is lacking heavily. Not in DLC, in support.

                                           

                                          This: "...people is so used to be abandoned by 3rd parties that they feel glorious when they port an almost complete game..."

                                           

                                          While i do think Black Ops 2 is a complete game, it's still buggy. When a game is buggy, what do you do? You try to fix it.

                                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                              Can't argue with that. But, you see, what we're missing is the patches from, I think, February onwards. That's when the game started dying over our side, and most likely when they noticed that their efforts weren't paying off anymore. Also, if you think about it, it happened just like in the Wii days, except this time, undeniably, we got quite a bit more of support, but in the end it came back to the same deal.

                                                • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                  barolb

                                                  Well, despite the fact that the numbers didn't grow, it's still not completely dead. the forums are, but there are still the same amount of players playing the game, at least whenever i get on.

                                                   

                                                  Then here's a better question: Why did A_Trey_U stop logging into the forums at the same time patch support went down the drain? From the outrage of so many people over the loss of support, wouldn't they have considered releasing another patch since so many people have complained about it through the forums here? Miiverse? E-mail? letters? I don't think that's the case. If it were the case then because of the outrage over the last few months they would have at least made a sticky note or something along the lines of "there will be another patch to be released in **/**/**", but there isn't. That's why i don't believe it's the "fruits of their labor" argument. It just doesn't add up, especially with A_Trey_U disappearing, and only logging in to put up the announcement/ Wii Remote guide (which i personally think makes even less sense to have it as an announcement and instead to make a thread for it- it could be used as a future excuse to continue to visit the forums though, which is welcome). From a business perspective, it doesn't make much sense to focus on the Nintendo platforms, especially when the Wii didn't make up much of the CoD sales, and likewise the Wii U now too, but sometimes even in business you shouldn't show yourself as being a complete ***hole. There was an article on Kotaku about a developer who didn't patch their game on Xbox Live Arcade because the cost of patches was too much. Now that the cost for patching games on 360 has been removed, they decided that they would patch the game. With Nintendo having done the same thing, it's hard to say that it's a personal reason. If it was personal, then i have no doubts that Treyarch would patch the game. If they were willing to go the extra mile to put the Wii remote in the game (even though it was kind of f*cked up), they still went the extra mile. That is why i can believe that if they had the opperunity to, they would most likely do it. Hence why i can assume that the opperunity to do is NOT there. As a result, it's not a "fruits of their labor" kind of thing and is most likely a pure business decision. Resources will be put towards future or current projects or put resources from the Wii U team will be put towards developing better practices with the Wii U's dev kit. besides, even if it doesn't cost money to patch the game, it doesn't mean it doesn't cost them money at all. The developers still need to be payed for overtime and their work on patches.

                                                   

                                                   

                                                  I'm fully aware that its just like the Wii days, except this time i'm not satisfied with how it ended. Same as before; developer stops interacting with people on the forum, foxhound takes over moderation on the forum, no means of interacting with the developers anymore, etc. I get that it's their job to make games, but the way it all happened just leaves a bitter-sour taste in my mouth.

                                                   

                                                  When comparing support, it shouldn't just be a comparison of support from the last console to the current console. Support should be compared with the coresponding platforms; which in this case would be Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Black Ops 2 Wii U has inferior support when compared to the other platforms, which is true. It is also true that support in comparison to the Wii CoDs is much better on Wii U; however, you can easily say that support is still bad. That is what i'm judging on. It's a new console, there will be bumps in development, but to have the exact same thing happen on the Wii U as on the Wii- really? I made a thread a while back asking if support will be here this time for the game and didn't get a single answer. I'm not holding that against Treyarch, but i will note that it's obvious that if you want to play with a Wii Remote, then you'll be buying the Wii U version; otherwise, if you want better support/lengetivity and everything else you wouldn't be buying the Wii U version. For those that don't use the Wii Remote, it would probably benefit them better to be playing on the other platforms. That is my honest opinion.

                                                   

                                                  I've become VERY pessimistic about CoD, especially on Nintendo consoles now. Actually, its gotten that way about gaming in general for me.

                                                    • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                      I played MW3 today for the 1st time is a long time, im waiting for me new U to come this Thursday, and was amazed to see how many players are still playing Domination, and TDM and pretty much every other mode.

                                                       

                                                      It was laggy and jumpy as hell ,and a bad experience for me regarding quality of game, but the figures where triple BO2 - There was 1200 playing domination, and 3000 playing TDM. Other modes had between 300-500. Last time I played BO2 last week, there was 250 playing dom and 1100 playing TDM.

                                                • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                  BobbyMcGee

                                                  All multiplayer maps, turned, die rise, buried, elite, unlocking in game accomplishments, weapons, nuketown zombies and multi, patches, support, calling cards, micro-transactions, and vengeance coming. Sounds like a complete game to me.

                                                    • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                      BobbyMcGee wrote:

                                                       

                                                      unlocking in game accomplishments

                                                      That's part of XboxLive or PS3 Network. They would've probably put them in if Nintendo had supported achievements on their network.

                                                       

                                                       

                                                      BobbyMcGee wrote:

                                                       

                                                      patches, support

                                                      We got those up to a point. You can't really blame them for cutting support for such a small community, although I consider it crap seeing how much money they have, but whatever.

                                                       

                                                       

                                                      BobbyMcGee wrote:


                                                      weapons

                                                      Correction: Weapon. The one and only generic Peacekeeper. Yes, there was no reason for excluding us from it, but we're not missing much.

                                                       

                                                       

                                                      BobbyMcGee wrote:

                                                       

                                                      micro-transactions

                                                      Don't even get me started on those, will ya?

                                                       

                                                       

                                                      BobbyMcGee wrote:

                                                       

                                                      elite

                                                      It's worthless anyway. Plus, they would've had to run servers for it too, I assume (feel free to correct me on this). And like I said, not worth it for our community.

                                                       

                                                       

                                                      BobbyMcGee wrote:

                                                       

                                                      nuketown zombies and multi

                                                      Don't blame the WiiU team. Blame the men in suits behind them.

                                                        • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                          now that you mention it, they could just had released a DLC with the gun not the maps, but would be a good incentive and yeha dlc is extra content but in the back of the box it clearly states it has add on content and no it doesnt mean patches, since patches are same old content just with fixes in it (there shouldnt be anything to fix from the very beggining)

                                                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                              Aioz wrote:

                                                               

                                                              add on content and no it doesnt mean patches, since patches are same old content just with fixes in it (there shouldnt be anything to fix from the very beggining)

                                                              Wrong. Add on content is anything that's downloaded to go along with the game. Whether it's extra content or fixes, it's still add on content. Do you think they will say that? It would crash even further the already bad sales of the game.

                                                               

                                                              Seriously, how people so oblivious about today's world? I welcome you to a world where everyone gets their way due to technicalities and legal loopholes.

                                                                • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                  so if im wrong how do u know you are right? my statement is based on logic wich it is pretty logical im guessing you just invented yours, if they made a bad game its their duty to fix it thats why its not considered add on content, take for example the glitch in skywardsword, nintendo fixed it right away and its not considered add on content

                                                                    • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                      We are lucky we get what we get imvho - and im happy with that coz as a wiimoter, and I speak for many here, without Treyarch I wouldnt game , deffo not FPS anyway. Yes id love to be able to buy all the stuff xbox get, and it pi$$e$ me right off BUT I can see the logic in why it happens.

                                                                       

                                                                      I dont get the cloak and dagger stuff, I dont know why they dont just come out and say "Your playerbase is 200`000 short of getting dlc" or "It costs so much to make available DLC and it just isnt worth it" id say fair enough.

                                                                       

                                                                      They need to man up and tell us whats what, but theysay they cant, so they cant, whatever the reason.

                                                                       

                                                                      If they offered me ghosts on the U, with the same deal I got on blops 2, without all the early wiimote mess ups etc, id take that happily.

                                                                      • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                        You're just trying to deny the fact that it is add on content. But if you're happy doing that, then go ahead and believe something that's just driving you away from the cold, hard facts. And if I follow your logic, then Skyward Sword's box MUST say add on content too, right? But no, it doesn't.

                                                                         

                                                                        So, continue in denial, trying to move aside the fact that add on content is and always has been anything downloadable related to the game. Because we totally got DLC on the Wii titles, which also said add on content. Hmpf, give me a break...

                                                                          • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                                            barolb

                                                                            http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Wii-U/Download-Content/Add-on-Content/Add-on-Content-7 41299.html

                                                                             

                                                                            I did some investigation work. Add-on Content is what is under Nintendo Network's juristdiction, not Activisions. Thus, the terms are under Nintendo's definition. In NoE's list of games that include Add-on Content, Black Ops 2 is not listed. In addition to this, ZombiU got a patch on the Wii U's launch even though it does not say "Add-on Content" on the back of the box (i have it right beside me). I know so because ZombiU was the first Wii U game i played. I had a skype party with several friends showing off the console, and some ZombiU gameplay. Since both of these games are listed in Europe, if there is any difference between the back of the box for both games, where both include "Add-on Content", then this makes what i'm saying false. if otherwise, then...

                                                                             

                                                                             

                                                                            Thus, Add-on Content does not have any relation to patch support. It does not qualify as Add-on Content, otherwise ZombiU would be required to have it as well. In addition to this, because Black Ops 2 is not listed, this should be comapred with current on the shelf copies of Black Ops 2 Wii U. If Add-on Content is listed, then there is a bit of conflict between what is advertised and what is not since Nintendo's European website does not list Black Ops 2 as having Add-on Content. Forget this part. Wasn't thinking this part through properly. Add-on Content does not mean that there will be, but there can be, and the list only shows which games currently have it available and which will have it available.

                                                                             

                                                                            Furthermore, a thread posted a while back was posted about there being both Add-on Content and Downloadable Content listed on different game boxes. So, this kind of makes things a bit more confusing. So, yeah, i think this is enough legal crap. I'm not a lawyer, and nor do i express that what i say should be taken as advice, but this just didn't sound right so i went ahead and did some detective work. Of course, i can't say for certain that this stuff is sound since there can be differences between North America and European box art, but if not, then this holds.

                                                                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                              LOOOOOOL   U mad bro?

                                                                                • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                                  Why should I? We still aren't getting jack squat anyway. Are you seriously amused because I said something that wasn't, yet it still doesn't change a thing?

                                                                                    • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                                      Nope i just felt that air of u been mad for something pointless but if u said you are not then its ok, its no point on arguing over this since it likely wont happen (having DLC and patches as add on content or not add on content) i hope they dont get to release ghosts for wii u cause i wont buy it and i know a whole lot of people wich will do the same

                                                                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                              There is no reason why they couldnt give is the free stuff, like Nuketown, but they didnt. It HAS to be a nintendo/activision thing, probably something along the lines of Activision wanting in on the NN, and Nintendo holding firm saying NO, so we suffer. Who nows?

                                                                               

                                                                              I know 1 thing, as a wiimote cod gamer, and a bit of mario here and there, I think the U is a damm fine piece of gear

                                                                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                                              BobbyMcGee

                                                                              I see you don't comment on all the zombies maps and modes eh? I could care less about micro-transactions, and without unlocking achievements in zombies that makes even our version of tranzit inferior and incomplete. Nobody can argue otherwise. We don't even have any reason to pursue the easter eggs in tranzit as they never show up as an achievement. Can't even pick up the rock to build the table anyway, probably patched it so tower of Babel can't even be made. What's that point? Survival since nobody plays grief. Like I said the game is incomplete.

                                                            • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                              It's not happening.

                                                               

                                                              End of story.

                                                              • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                                M4GNUM

                                                                The only thing I'm really pissed about at this point is support (we are now 2 patches behind other consoles) and dev involvement (with the community). This game does have a shelf life for support, but this early? No. And if other consoles are getting patches then we should too.

                                                                 

                                                                I do not think I was sold an incomplete game. I do not agree with people (especially those wanting to file a class action lawsuit) who gripe about that "full COD experience" video snippet. I don't agree with those that whine about what is said on the back of the game case/box. I do know that DLC is "additional" and not inclusive of the disk I bought. I also know I've gotten my $60 back ten-fold. Like I said, my whining is more so about support/patches.

                                                                 

                                                                We didn't get DLC in my opinion because:

                                                                1) brand new console (not able to program some things)

                                                                2) brand new game on brand new console (no time to program completely for Wii U)

                                                                3) launch timing for game and console (not time to implement DLC)

                                                                4) Activision and Nintendo not having a contract agreement (no agreement on how DLC would work)

                                                                5) low console sales (no ROI on developing DLC)

                                                                6) low online player base (fragmentation of lobbies)

                                                                 

                                                                I give Activision and Nintendo a pass this go around (in terms of DLC). My final decision on COD for the Wii U will be with Ghosts. IF it comes and IF we get DLC. The answer to that will determine my future purchases of COD titles. I'm not going over to PS/Xbox (always makes me laugh at the Wii U owners who threaten Activision by switching to other consoles - um, they still get your money dumba$$).

                                                                 

                                                                In terms of support - hell yes it's BS. Huge, huge let down. Activision/TreyArch has monumentally failed at support. Started off great...but how you finish is oftentimes more important than how you start.

                                                                  • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                    Well about ROI player base and launch timing you might be right, but about activision and nintendo contract in my opinion it was made but from what i herd nintendo wanted an all inslusive game

                                                                    (like DLC´S already included in batman arkham city) and activision didnt (and couldnt) want that cause of their exclusivity contract with MS, so since no point of coincidence was never made by the 2 parts they just didnt respect the contract or cancelled it post game launch.

                                                                    Persoal thoughts here from what i have read and heard

                                                                  • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                                    like2nap03

                                                                    Whoa!  Whole lot of complaining, arguing, and theories about the support in this game. 

                                                                     

                                                                    I'll just throw out some of my thoughts.

                                                                     

                                                                    We got the whole game.  The complete game.  DLC is not part of the game.  It's just another product the company sells.  An optional add-on.  They simply aren't selling it on this console.

                                                                     

                                                                    Support had to end at some point.  As much as I'd like to think they stopped support to port Ghosts, that may not be the case.  It's not profitable to keep paying the devs to work on it.  This game didn't sell as much as the other consoles.  Does Activision have the extra cash laying around to continue to pay the devs to patch this game?  Sure.  But that's not smart business.   They probably lost money patching it as much as they did. 

                                                                     

                                                                    Barolb is purty smart.

                                                                     

                                                                    I'm still playing the game and still having fun.  Most of the bugs and balance issues were fixed.  Even with the few balance issues that remain it's still the most balanced COD to date.  I'm happy about that.  Only glitch that has been getting on my nerves is the C4 glitch where it doesn't do any damage.  Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.  And if it did, I would just quit using it. 

                                                                     

                                                                    At the end of the day it's just a video game.  So I try not to get to upset about it and just look at the positive things about the game and just enjoy it.....lag can still make me rage sometimes though! 

                                                                    • Re: OPEN QUESTION
                                                                      BobbyMcGee

                                                                      back to the original topic about support, zombies solo, something we all paid for, is totally broken. when can i, as a paying customer, expect my game to function as promised?

                                                                      • Re: OPEN QUESTION

                                                                        honestly im here because my  wii remote playing skills. are 100x times better than with DA