36 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2013 11:47 PM by footballrule RSS

    Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

    footballrule

      I have never seen so many snipers in a lobby until I got this game. In all previous COD games, I have never been so annoyed by snipers before. They pop out, shoot, and if they miss, the go back behind the cover, and repeat. Its always shoot, move, shoot, move. And to add insult to injury, when you do kill them, their tactical insertion isnt from where they died. I find tac inserts everywhere! I now just spam EMP grenades since they are the easiest way for XP.

       

      Treyarch! Why did you bring quickscoping back? Black Ops 1 sniping was perfect! You had to already be aimed down the scope and pick shots CAREFULLY! I dare you to hop in ground war and face a whole lobby of tactical insertion quickscopers! They are EVERYWHERE and it is killing the game! No variety anymore. Just DSR and Ballista.

       

      It's always up to Infinity Ward....

        • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

          quickscoping is cake cuz of modded controllers, single button press and bam quick scope. it doesnt even take "talent" now

          • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
            thebiindsniper

            The most likely reason why quickscoping remains is due to it being a business related decision.  Since the quickscoping community wants it, Treyarch/IW deliver, despite it being unbalanced.  If a developer can deny my accusations, then I'm all ears (but I highly doubt it).

             

            If others tell you quickscoping remains because it takes "skill", they only say so in order to gain a false sense of momentum.  If quickscoping was difficult as they say, then why was it gimped in Black Ops 1?

             

            ~RUGGED SAVIOR

              • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                In other words business related decision means they are catering to the little whiny kids so they can try and make their "montages". Also modded controllers don't really help with quickscoping, the only thing that would help a quickscoper would be an aim bot which are virtually non-existent today.

                  • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                    Aim bot non existant? no quickscoping mod? Dude, search EBAY for Modded controllers, most of them say like 20+ modes ALL advertise Dropshot, Quickscope, Jumpshot. Auto Aim and such. Oh and Rapid Fire

                      • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                        starbuckfrack

                        A controller isnt going to change the game code so you can have an aimbot.

                          • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                            When I say Aimbot non exisitent I didnt mean from a controller, there are mods and hacks. Controllers can change the code so you can push a button and instant drop shot or quickscope, or jump shot, or get rapid fire, Rapid fire I know of, I had a 20 dollar rapid fire controller for BO 1 zombies. So why can't they have a controller with aimbot?

                              • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                starbuckfrack

                                Controllers dont change the game code. Dropshotting doesnt change the game code to make you miss an animation.

                                 

                                A controller only follows the movements, shots that you tell it to make.

                                 

                                A dropshotting button will make the players animation timed correctly to miss the animation just as it starts. Or there could be one that shoots at the same time you jump.

                                 

                                You are mixing up aim assist in the game with an aimbot. They work similar in a way but are totally different animals.

                                 

                                A controller cannot have an aimbot because a controller does not know the positions of the enemies players heads. A controller doesnt even know really at what event you are in , in your animation. The GAME controls when to draw the next step of the animation after a player tell him to kneel.

                                 

                                Besides any seller can tell you what they want to to ensure you buy their controller on Ebay, just like any modded controller maker can make up stuff or "enhance information" to make you want to buy it.

                                 

                                Like someone can say their controller has Quick aim which could basically mean they upped the settings on the joystick like you can in the game menis.

                                  • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                                    So your saying that controllers CANT do dropshot or jumpshot or rapid fire or quickscope? because they dont know the code but they can alter the animation?

                                      • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                        Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

                                        They cannot alter the code. What the controllers can is do some programmed instructions. They cannot bypass animations and stuff like that. There is no way to get pass the animation from a standing position to prone. There is no prone key that instantly drops your character from standing to prone like on PC. What the dropshot button does is fire your weapon and change stance at the same time. Your character will be firing his weapon while he drops to crouch and then to prone. He is firing the weapon through the transition. The illusion that he instantly drops to prone is caused by latency.

                                         

                                        The same thing applies to jumpshots. He is fring the weapon while he jumps in the air. One button can do all this but it is useless if your aim is off.

                                         

                                        The jitter function uses a macro that manually fires the weapon repeatedly at a slower rate than a fully auto. It's akin to firing a FAL with a fast trigger finger. If you fire the Scar H like a Fal with a fast trigger finger, the recoil is non-existent. This is what the macro does, it automates the repeated presses of the trigger and tricks the game into thinking you're manually firing it instead of squeezing the trigger for a full auto.

                                         

                                        The quickscope feature executes a macro that scopes-in, and fire the weapon after a predetermined set of time. It doesn't change any code in the game and it doesn't abuse aim assist or anything like that. It is useless if the target is moving and if your aim is off. You cannot turn it into a dragscope and adjust your aim as you go as the sniper rifle will fire at the set period of time no matter what.

                                • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                  deamonomic

                                  ItzMeMario wrote:

                                   

                                  Aim bot non existant? no quickscoping mod? Dude, search EBAY for Modded controllers, most of them say like 20+ modes ALL advertise Dropshot, Quickscope, Jumpshot. Auto Aim and such. Oh and Rapid Fire

                                  are you sure its auto aim? and not recoil controll? some controllers are made to help take care of the recoil for you. and just because they claim to offer it doesnt mean it actually is.

                                    • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                                      TBH, I wouldn't know what these controllers CAN do, as I dont even wanna risk buying on in my luck getting banned. I just know what they advertise, then again, anyone can slap a piece of meat on my plate and call it steak. when we all know chinese food is cat and dog lol. I know they advertised Auto Aim, idk if thats supposed to be aimbot or what.

                                       

                                      Just go on Ebay and search Xbox Modded controller, you will see a list of like 1000000's! And most of them are the same. I cant post a link cuz i think its against forum rules but yeah, give it a look, maybe you techy's can figure it out.

                                        • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                          Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

                                          Those controllers are nothing more than macros built in to the unit itself. Even if it's a one button quickscope, it won't work well since there is no aim assist on the sniper rifles unless you're fully scoped in. Your enemy should be oblivious to your prescence, has his back on you and not moving for it to work. Another thing to factor is the accuracy of the player. If the enemy is moving, a one button quickscope will give you more of a disadvantage since you can't fine tune your aim and turn a quickscope into a dragscope.

                                           

                                          The best controller for quickscoping is still a Scuf with a Kontrol Freek.  

                                  • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                    deamonomic

                                    thebiindsniper wrote:

                                     

                                    The most likely reason why quickscoping remains is due to it being a business related decision.  Since the quickscoping community wants it, Treyarch/IW deliver, despite it being unbalanced.  If a developer can deny my accusations, then I'm all ears (but I highly doubt it).

                                     

                                    If others tell you quickscoping remains because it takes "skill", they only say so in order to gain a false sense of momentum.  If quickscoping was difficult as they say, then why was it gimped in Black Ops 1?

                                     

                                    ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                                    why is it STILL gimped? QS remains because otherwise sniping loses a TON of its viability in this game. not BO 2. in Call of duty. Call of duty isnt about sitting back, with wide open SNIPABLE areas, with long lines of sight. Call of duty is about being up close with the enemy, fast paced action. that has ever been call of duty and is why QS is here and will never leave. might as well ask them to remove snipers all together.

                                     

                                    QS, takes skil doesnt take skill, doesnt matter. you know how many other weapons and perks in this game get those same things said about them? for cryin out loud you cant use any weapon without someone thinking its overpowered and that its a skill less weapon. Snipers have one chance to hit you. its hit or miss. if they have the time to fire a second shot thats completely and utterly on you and YOUR SKILL. So it SHOULD be a one hit kill for the times that it DOES land. fact is most people Do NOT do well QS. gee... if it was as easy as you all claim it should be easy for you to get an orbital or dogs doing nothing but run n gun QS. quick rugged, post your epic gameplay of you showing how easy this is.

                                      • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                        thebiindsniper

                                        My beef with quickscoping is how it removes the gimp from a sniper rifle's close range effectiveness.  If the gimp were removed for shotguns, then how could they be balanced if I am able to kill enemies from across the map?

                                         

                                        In regards to the maps, there are always specific areas that compliment each of the weapons.  Tight areas for shotguns, mid ranged areas for assault rifles and SMGs, and stretched out open areas for snipers and possibly LMGs.  Some of these areas are more abundant than others, but they all exist in each map.  The game's fast paced nature is based upon the player alone, and they can treat the game as a slow paced deathmatch if they wanted to.

                                         

                                        Also, have you heard of the spellchecker feature?  Who's your English teacher?

                                         

                                        ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                                          • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                            deamonomic

                                            thebiindsniper wrote:

                                             

                                            My beef with quickscoping is how it removes the gimp from a sniper rifle's close range effectiveness.  If the gimp were removed for shotguns, then how could they be balanced if I am able to kill enemies from across the map?

                                             

                                            In regards to the maps, there are always specific areas that compliment each of the weapons.  Tight areas for shotguns, mid ranged areas for assault rifles and SMGs, and stretched out open areas for snipers and possibly LMGs.  Some of these areas are more abundant than others, but they all exist in each map.  The game's fast paced nature is based upon the player alone, and they can treat the game as a slow paced deathmatch if they wanted to.

                                             

                                            Also, have you heard of the spellchecker feature?  Who's your English teacher?

                                             

                                            ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                                            there are far less snipable areas in CoD. there are far too few areas that are good for a sniper where they cannot be easily as pie out flanked. and that is exactly what will happen. You guys want snipers to basicaly Auto lose just about all the time with no hope of taking on an enemy who has shown up next to them, when in the end the sniper only gets ONE SHOT. ONE SINGLE CHANCE TO KILL YOU.  your annoyed because they have that chance?

                                             

                                            I get the argument about it being good upclose, but have you seen the complaints about the KSG and its range? fact is, if a bullet can kill from a distance it sure as hell can kill from 2 feet away. In the end he shot you. you died. what does it really matter if he was 50 feet away for 5?

                                             

                                            I ask you to do the simplest possible thing. easy as pie. actually easier then pie. Grab a balista, QS only, have atleast 1.6-2.0 K/D while runnin and gunning. again you claim its a skillless thing and easy to do. should be no problem.

                                             

                                            they can treat it that way. but they dont. The overwhelming majority of the comunity are people who dont team camp and move around.  as such, CoD is a fast paced game because THATS HOW THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE PLAYS IT.

                                             

                                            and last thing is, really? your plan is to attack my spelling? didnt think you were that kind of person. thought you were above being the forum spelling nazi who targets misspellings. You obviously understood what was said just fine

                                              • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                thebiindsniper

                                                deamonomic wrote:


                                                You obviously understood what was said just fine

                                                I did understand you, but it was a painstakingly difficult task to translate.

                                                 

                                                Also, why are you telling me to acquire a 1.6-2.0 K/D with quickscoping?  Succeeding or failing your proposed challenge won't change my opinion because we're talking about the ease of quickscoping according to the general community.


                                                Being killed at any distance doesn't matter, unless the weapon performs it well when it isn't suited for it.  For example, balance suggests that a shotgun should have a major advantage at close range when faced against a sniper rifle.  That logic is thrown out of the window in COD4/MW2/MW3/BO2, but it applied greatly in Black Ops 1 thanks to the gimp.

                                                 

                                                The only reason why the KSG can perform at longer ranges is due to it's single slug round, but it sacrifices the spread that other shotguns can produce.  This is the counter balance the weapon is provided with.

                                                 

                                                ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                                                  • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                    deamonomic

                                                    thebiindsniper wrote:

                                                     

                                                    deamonomic wrote:


                                                    You obviously understood what was said just fine

                                                    I did understand you, but it was a painstakingly difficult task to translate.

                                                     

                                                    Also, why are you telling me to acquire a 1.6-2.0 K/D with quickscoping?  Succeeding or failing your proposed challenge won't change my opinion because we're talking about the ease of quickscoping according to the general community.


                                                    Being killed at any distance doesn't matter, unless the weapon performs it well when it isn't suited for it.  For example, balance suggests that a shotgun should have a major advantage at close range when faced against a sniper rifle.  That logic is thrown out of the window in COD4/MW2/MW3/BO2, but it applied greatly in Black Ops 1 thanks to the gimp.

                                                     

                                                    The only reason why the KSG can perform at longer ranges is due to it's single slug round, but it sacrifices the spread that other shotguns can produce.  This is the counter balance the weapon is provided with.

                                                     

                                                    ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                                                    snipers only get one chance. theres your counter balance. again, the majority of people who play Quickscoping do not do too well. they tend to get their asses kicked.

                                                     

                                                    according to the general community? id say that the community is very well divided on the matter.

                                                     

                                                    If you want to make a claim about someone's play style taking "no skill" then you should atleast attempt to show it. Other wise your simply complaining about it just like when people call the SMG's op, or the shot guns OP or anything else that gets called OP. if its so Skill less, then it should be easy for you to show that it is such yes? the kd bit was about doing well. if you cant kill anyone while QS how is it easy and skill less?

                                                     

                                                    when I tell another player that they have no Skill I show it to them. When a player claims that I only do well because of such and such weapon. I ask them what weapon they wish to die to and use that weapon. If you want to claim its skill less then prove it.

                                                     

                                                    infact I challenege any of you to do it. if it really is so simple and broken then go out tonight and kick ass with it. should be simple seeing as its so skill less and easy.

                                                      • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                        thebiindsniper

                                                        Missing your target with ANY weapon can be harsh, but shotguns and snipers have it worse due to their ability to kill in 1-2 shots.  This is simple logic that we already know.

                                                         

                                                        The only things I complain about in Call of Duty is quickscoping, the flawed reward system, and the pistols being too powerful in Black Ops 2.  I don't complain about any other weapon or feature because I understand why they are implemented in the game.  If I am killed numerous times by a target finder LMG, I am mature enough to avoid raging and complaining to the developers to nerf or remove it.

                                                         

                                                        The best way to test the "skillful quickscoping" theory that you suggest is for the entire community to perform this task.  If a large portion of the community has a disagreement, then we know the difficulty of quickscoping isn't high.

                                                         

                                                        The developers themselves (in the video below) even had disgreements with quickscoping when they designed Black Ops 1.

                                                         

                                                         

                                                        P.S. - Almost nobody complained about quickscoping in Black Ops 1.  I wonder why.

                                                         

                                                        ~RUGGED SAVIOR

                                                          • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                            deamonomic

                                                            you know a while back a guy posted a thread trying to show just how easy QS was. What happened? he fired over a hundred shots and only had about 20 or so kills. he had to fire 5 times to get a kill. and at that the only reason he could even do that well was because the other person was QS as well. QS are NOT a big issue. If they miss they die, and its not often that a QS is accurate.

                                                             

                                                            and yea I know that the developers tried to get rid of it. They brought it back because a larger portion of their community does it then they orignally thought.

                                                             

                                                            Dont claim something is easy if you cant do it yourself. and no, the best and easiest way is for the person claiming it to prove it. not have someone else do it on their behalf.

                                              • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                                                It's been even more rediculous since the release of the Vengence map pack. All that playlist consists of is Quickscopers. It's getting real old real quick.

                                                • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                  deamonomic

                                                  footballrule wrote:

                                                   

                                                  I have never seen so many snipers in a lobby until I got this game. In all previous COD games, I have never been so annoyed by snipers before. They pop out, shoot, and if they miss, the go back behind the cover, and repeat. Its always shoot, move, shoot, move. And to add insult to injury, when you do kill them, their tactical insertion isnt from where they died. I find tac inserts everywhere! I now just spam EMP grenades since they are the easiest way for XP.

                                                   

                                                  Treyarch! Why did you bring quickscoping back? Black Ops 1 sniping was perfect! You had to already be aimed down the scope and pick shots CAREFULLY! I dare you to hop in ground war and face a whole lobby of tactical insertion quickscopers! They are EVERYWHERE and it is killing the game! No variety anymore. Just DSR and Ballista.

                                                   

                                                  It's always up to Infinity Ward....

                                                  im sorry but what? never been this easy? rofl really? its harder to QS in treyarch games then IW games. BO games atleast do SOMETHING to limit it. IW have perks/attachments to HELP it. Hell back in MW2 I had friends who would not onyl QS you but they would do WHILE dropshotting you! easier? HA!

                                                   

                                                  anyone notice the lack of quickdraw for snipers? or the fact that auto aim doesnt kick in untill fully scoped in?

                                                  • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                    nicedrewishfela

                                                    You are right, Quickscoping threads have never been this annoying.

                                                     

                                                    It cracks me up a bit that you cite IW as your last hope, when they pretty much invented Quickscoping. Fact is, still, if you can't beat a Quickscoper, the issue is with you.

                                                      • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                        deamonomic

                                                        nicedrewishfela wrote:

                                                         

                                                        You are right, Quickscoping threads have never been this annoying.

                                                         

                                                        It cracks me up a bit that you cite IW as your last hope, when they pretty much invented Quickscoping. Fact is, still, if you can't beat a Quickscoper, the issue is with you.

                                                        im not gonna lie... i truly laughed out loud at reading the title... XD Hell it was easier to QS back in CoD 3 then it is in BO 2!

                                                          • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                                                            I think don't care anyhmore about the annoying **** scopers. However, Tac Inserts need to go, why should I kill someone and have them appear in 1 second behind me? So, I spent 10-20 seconds flanking him so he could spawn behind me? Bad enough the system does that at times on its own.

                                                              • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                                deamonomic

                                                                pfcsmooth wrote:

                                                                 

                                                                I think don't care anyhmore about the annoying **** scopers. However, Tac Inserts need to go, why should I kill someone and have them appear in 1 second behind me? So, I spent 10-20 seconds flanking him so he could spawn behind me? Bad enough the system does that at times on its own.

                                                                I dont care about tac inserts. hardest thing regarding tac inserts is just finding out that they are being used. once thats discovered it becomes easy to deal with them. they become very predictable. kill them once and they will immediatly come back to kill you, just be ready to counter them not syaing you will never die. but you can atleast adapt

                                                            • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                              footballrule

                                                              nicedrewishfela wrote:

                                                               

                                                              You are right, Quickscoping threads have never been this annoying.

                                                               

                                                              It cracks me up a bit that you cite IW as your last hope, when they pretty much invented Quickscoping. Fact is, still, if you can't beat a Quickscoper, the issue is with you.

                                                              And your posts are always annoying. You are so quick to bash content you don't agree with. Anyway, the issue is with me? Really? Obviously if you see other threads on this, so it is a pretty big issue. You must not have this problem? Do you play Ground War? As I stated, go hop on ground war and see for yourself. I can easily handle a quickscoper, but when they are everywhere, and I just kill them, just to have them spawn so close to me again with tac insert, then I have a problem.

                                                               

                                                              Don't get me wrong, anyone can handle A quickscoper. I can gurantee i'm a better player than you anyway. You are on this forum all day. But enough with personal attacks. My main focus is to get Treyarch's attention. A lot of people are tweeting everyday about snipers in this game.

                                                               

                                                              And I mention IW because their games are more popular than 3arcs. This game is down 2 million units at this time of year compared to IW's MW3. Treyarch just follows the crowd with their MP. IW is the real innovator in MP.

                                                            • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                                                              As I have said quickscopers have no impact on my experience because I never see them, but it is kind of irritating that they have killed traditional "hardscoping" in this game. The maps are pathetically designed and don't suit hardscopers at all. I dont even waste my time with sniper rifles anymore, just roll around with my peacekeeper.

                                                                • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                                  deamonomic

                                                                  NoLifeKing29 wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  As I have said quickscopers have no impact on my experience because I never see them, but it is kind of irritating that they have killed traditional "hardscoping" in this game. The maps are pathetically designed and don't suit hardscopers at all. I dont even waste my time with sniper rifles anymore, just roll around with my peacekeeper.

                                                                  I dont think THEY killed hardscoping. In my opinion its more like the community over time has slowly realised that they dont need to be tethered to a single location to snipe. that they can advance along with their team. Honestly speaking, why would you stay all the way in the back when you can move up and support your team a bit more?

                                                                • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                                  vims1990

                                                                  footballrule wrote:

                                                                   

                                                                  It's always up to Infinity Ward....

                                                                   

                                                                  Considering that IW is the "godfather" of quickscoping and that they add perks (i.e. Quickdraw in MW3 and SOH Pro in MW2) to further decrease the ADS time for snipers, I doubt that they'll make sniping difficult when compared to BO2.

                                                                   

                                                                  On my thoughts of "quickscoping":

                                                                   

                                                                  I'm fully aware that most snipers are generally at the bottom of the leaderboard because they are the worst objective players and from a K/D perspective, they normally get shat on by players who use the other classes (minus the Riot Shielders and Knifers).

                                                                   

                                                                  Quickscoping to me isn't a skill, it's just pure luck. I do lose CQC gunfights against snipers from time to time but I'm normally doing better than them score-wise.

                                                                   

                                                                  Personally, I wish quickscoping wasn't in COD but it is popular judging from the lobbies I come across these days. Funny enough I've been seeing more snipers than players using Assault Rifles & SMG's lately. That doesn't bother me too much because I just get the R870 with long barrel/laser sight and make them all rage quit.

                                                                  • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.

                                                                    footballrule wrote:

                                                                     

                                                                    It's always up to Infinity Ward....

                                                                     

                                                                    The devs that introduced, expanded, and built quickscoping to what it is now? Yeah, good luck with that. IW is no better at anything than anyone.

                                                                    • Re: Quickscoping has never been this easy and annoying.
                                                                      codchamp

                                                                      Yes quickscoping sucks and it is a very iritating thing to deal with anytime you play Black ops 2. There is always at least 2 in the lobby. No matter how bad they are at it, They still seem to land 1-2 kills against you and most likely when you are 1 kill away from a loadstar or dogs...

                                                                       

                                                                      I have been saying for the last 2 years now that we need Juggernaut back to deal with 1 shot kill quicksopers. Atleast this way you will have a fighting chance against them.