26 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 9:03 AM by SLehtinen RSS

New game mode no snipers

Do you think the game would be better off with a sniper free game mode ? I know they will never make a game without snipers so why not make a game mode with no snipers and make you show up on the map if you stand still for 3 seconds or more.Snipers just ruin the game for me I hate quickscopes and I hate the 1s who just camp all game long I bet if they ever did this game mode it would probably more popular than TDM.

eleven1181
        • Test #1
          Re: New game mode no snipers

No

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 12:49 PM
          • Test #1

I'm the world's worst sniper, but I can appreciate someone who is skilled at using them.  Is quick-sniping realistic?  No, but having tried to do it I know it's not easy.  I have respect for people who can do it well.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 1:01 PM
            • Test #1

The most complained about weapons are the snipers these quickscopers are just a joke very few people who don't use a sniper don't mind them most would love a sniper free game mode I bet.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 1:04 PM
                • Test #1

I see a lot more complaints about LMGs with TF than I do with snipers.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 1:09 PM
                    • Test #1

I try not to complain too much about people's class loadouts, but a LMG with a TF is high on my list of dislikes.  Unlike my QS-sniper comparison which takes some skill, the TF takes away a lot of the hard work for those using it.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 1:30 PM
                        • Test #1

I disagree. I wear cold blooded or whatever it is that makes them not put the red box around me and I still get nailed from far away and while I am head glitching. I think it's more mental than actually being useful. People know the places where everyone likes to hide and it's not really all that hard to see someone running across the map. Then, when you find out you were killed by a TF, you just assume that they only got you because they had the TF. If the TF was that good, more players would wear cold blooded to counter it but since they don't notice a huge benefit, they don't bother.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 1:36 PM
                            • Test #1

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

Then, when you find out you were killed by a TF, you just assume that they only got you because they had the TF.

If you play HC, you never know what they were using unless you happen to be the victim in the final kill cam. 

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 3:21 PM
                                • Test #1

Alky6 wrote:

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

Then, when you find out you were killed by a TF, you just assume that they only got you because they had the TF.

If you play HC, you never know what they were using unless you happen to be the victim in the final kill cam. 

or you find the bastard who killed you, brutally kill him and steal his weapon.

love me some revenge kills

Last Edited: Jul 16, 2013 2:41 AM
                        • Test #1

I've not played black ops 2 much in the last month but when I used to play it a lot I just didn't see many people using TF on any guns the games overrun with snipers there in almost every lobby I go into.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 1:15 PM
                            • Test #1

And so? You find the snipers a problem? You're probably having a hard time dealing with them since you felt compelled to make this thread. How about looking at yourself and your playstyle as the problem instead? Maybe you need a change of playstyle more than a sniper free game or maybe you just need a buff.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 3:03 PM
                            • Test #1

Yes i do have a problem with them there way to OP the way they can quickscope and i dont like playing in lobbys with them so i would love a sniper free lobby. I dont want to change my play style i like playing games like kill confirm were it should be full of rushers insead of campers with snipers who dont want to pick up tags, everyone knows the snipers are overpowered before black ops 2 i had never used a sniper and i got diamond snipers in 1 weekend on black ops 2 there far to easy to use and not very many people like playing with quickscopers.People who use snipers would hate to see a none sniper game mode cause it would be the most popular on cod

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 3:12 PM
                              • Test #1

How about a seperate playlist of SNIPERS ONLY. I snipe and from what I can tell snipers don't want non-snipers in the lobbies either (youtube snipers don't count). This way you won't find as many snipers in your lobbies and everyone will be happy. I've heard this suggestion since mw3 was 1st rumored.

Last Edited: Jul 15, 2013 9:45 PM
                                • Test #1

the guns are balanced. no need to remove anything. if you think its a unfair weapon then why don't you use it?  most people can't even snipe if their life depended on it

Last Edited: Jul 16, 2013 2:13 AM
                                  • Test #1

It never bothers me to get killed by a sniper, I snipe too. But regardless of how much skill some claim that it takes, Q'scoping is BS.

Last Edited: Jul 16, 2013 10:12 AM
                                    • Test #1

Like others have said above, it's not snipers in general that are the problem.

It's the fact that you can use a sniper rifle as a close-quarters weapon in the game, and that you can quickscope with them. Neither of these things make sense.

Sniping should be long distance only, should take a couple of seconds (at least) to steady the aim, and should be completely useless at close range. Force the snipers to carry, and use, a secondary weapon up close.

Then I bet nobody has any issues with snipers whatsoever, because they'd be vulnerable to attack up close and they'd be forced to play a little bit more like a real sniper.

Last Edited: Jul 17, 2013 9:03 AM