1 2 3 4 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 8:35 PM by ATLW Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?
        iivrruummii

And that is the biggest difference.

• 11. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?
          rankismet

The MMS is no where near in the same league as the TF for being unbalanced. It's actually one of the few anti-camper measures TA implemented which works.

Limited range.

Slow scanning cycle.

Must be in direct line of sight while ADS.

Enemies must be stationary or very slow moving.

Does not magnify.

I would have no problem with it in Ghosts.

• 12. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

sick of all the stupid hand-holding attachments and killstreaks that do everything. (though at least you don't see the OP ones in BO2 being used in every match across all gametypes)

• 13. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

The Target Finder is only OP if you let it be.

If someone is running down the street in Yemen, you don't need a TF to see them. I run Cold Blooded and could care less if someone is running a TF. It is very useful for spotting corner camping, head glitching, low skill players who would rather hide and wait for somene to walk into their gun sights.All in all, I do have a MK48/silencer/thermal scope class for those lobbies where most of the other team wants to lay down, stick their heads out/around/over cover, and attempt to rack up cheap kills.                You want to fix something for the next game? Get rid of the bunny rabbit, halo punks who hop or dolphin dive around every corner or everytime they get hit by a bullet. That crap is far maore annoying than the drop shot ever was.

• 14. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?
                r8edtripx

XGunsmokeX wrote:

The Target Finder is only OP if you let it be.

If someone is running down the street in Yemen, you don't need a TF to see them. I run Cold Blooded and could care less if someone is running a TF. It is very useful for spotting corner camping, head glitching, low skill players who would rather hide and wait for somene to walk into their gun sights.All in all, I do have a MK48/silencer/thermal scope class for those lobbies where most of the other team wants to lay down, stick their heads out/around/over cover, and attempt to rack up cheap kills.                You want to fix something for the next game? Get rid of the bunny rabbit, halo punks who hop or dolphin dive around every corner or everytime they get hit by a bullet. That crap is far maore annoying than the drop shot ever was.

I'm sure you meant, "COULDN'T" care less, as in you care so little, you could NOT care any less. Not a diss, just throwing it out there because so many use it incorrectly. Spread the word.

The Targer Finder makes things so easy, that can't be argued; Easy mode. Yeah, Cold Blooded, is the easy answer. If not for Cold Blooded, the TF would most definitely be OP.

Gotta tell you though, I am going to miss the Dolphin Dive; So much fun. As for Halo jumping... More often than not, the Halo jumper gets killed, but it pisses me off when it does work against me. I love it when I Halo jump and it works, that's for sure.

I am a little nervous about the leaning feaure COD Ghosts is going to have. IMO, there's great potential for some major BS right there. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

• 15. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

the lean is on pc watch some videos about it

• 16. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

Tf is not op it is just like the dualband if not worse it is just like putting a thermal on an smg if somebody  kill you with a tf I'm pretty sure they could have killed you with the red dot or ironsight so the tf isn't op and as for the mms it is not op I rarely see people with it and it is a thermal sight too and who actually stay still in cod besides snipers

• 17. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

Oh, I could care less, but I would have to try.

• 18. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

The Dual Band Scope is not as overpowered as you're making it out to be.  First off, the Dual Band Scope cuts off a chunk of your screen.  Here are a few visuals to prove my point.

Target Finder ADS                                                       Dual Band Scope ADS

Credit to http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-b6fKSybwf9J262kMuhEmjZf6eo8M0aiZHoq2S 5Rf-9KrQen3

and http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120830030834/callofduty/images/thumb/6/6 0/Dual_Band_ADS_BOII.jpg/185px-Dual_Band_ADS_BOII.jpg for the images (Trying to avoid plagiarism.)

Notice: For some reason the other picture isn't showing up, so you'll have to click the links.

I have taken the liberty of taking some measurements.  On these two pictures, the Target Finder has approximately 2.43 inches squared of unobstructed screen area.  While, the DBS (Dual Band Scope) has approximately 2.76 inches squared of unobstructed screen area (if you use centimeters instead of inches, deal with it).

I have also taken measurements on the screen on which I play Black Ops 2 on (approximately 27.63 inches by 16.5 inches in screen length and width, roughly 455.9 inches squared in screen area).  The area for ADS Target Finder LSAT is 131.25 inches squared.  Now, I have two measurements for the DBS.  If you ADS with the DBS, you will notice that the inner circumference fades as you get closer to the circumference, so I have measured the area with the faded outline and without it.  The area for ADS DBS MK 48 (Full Area) is approximately 159.4 inches squared.  The area for ADS DBS MK 48 (Without faded outline) is approximately 127.61 inches squared.

*Weapon names are added in just in case the scopes vary in area for each weapon.

Since you are saying the DBS is OP, you are going to favor the larger area for it to prove your point.  That would mean that the DBS has 28.15 more inches squared than the Target Finder.  While it may sound like a lot, it is not a whole lot (your UAV is approximately 10.16 inches squared, so you would get roughly 3x the space with the DBS.)

However, I shall point out that the DBS is a circular scope, as compared to the rectangular Target Finder.  While you may not have as much space with the Target Finder, it is easier to see along the perimeter of the scope.  You can do this test yourself.  ADS with a TF (Target Finder), and then find an object.  Put the object on the very tip of the perimeter of the TF, but where you can just barely see it.  Now, don't move at all, but change to a DBS.  You can still see the object with the DBS, just not as easily, because of the shading effect.

The DBS also makes everything a shade of green.  This gives a "colorblindness" effect.  If someone with Cold Blooded slowly crawls around a corner, and that corner is in the darker perimeter of the DBS, you won't see them.  I would tell you to test this, but you would be expecting the person to be coming around the corner, so you would see them.

I'm just about finished now.  The DBS also obstructs vision.  You can test this out.  Pick any object.  Now, without aiming down the sights, move the Target Finder scope to where that object is.  You will see through the scope, and you can still see the object (be sure you aren't aiming).  Now switch over to the DBS.  The DBS blocks the object.  while the Target Finder doesn't.

And lastly, the TF doesn't increase recoil, while the DBS can increase recoil at times.  If you don't believe me on this, you can watch this video from Drift0r, who has a reputation of giving true and accurate information on the Call of Duty games (watch a few of his weapon In-Depths to see what I mean).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKHj_JfWa5Q

And I personally find the Target Finder more comfortable than the DBS, but I saved this to last because it was more of an opinion than a fact.

I really don't see why people are arguing about if the Target Finder is cheap.  The point of this forum post wasn't to persuade me, it was to inform me if the lousy attachment was going to be in the game.

• 19. Re: Target Finder in Call of Duty: Ghosts?

Guys, I think there is something like the Target Finder in Ghosts. If you search up Ali-A and look at the footage from the squads trailer, you'll see something called the "Hybrid Sight" It spots the enemy but shows a constant outline of the enemy just like the MMS minus the constant outline, lol. I don't mind if it's on any gun, except LMGs. At least with Assault Rifles they have to change mags quickly. It was annoying with the LMGs always shooting, round after round after round at you, lol. I would also be okay with it, if the sight took at least 3 seconds to spot you.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next