3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2013 5:17 AM by rlbl RSS

Matchmaking and incomplete games - would it not be nice if....

rlbl

Disclaimer: This idea is not entirely mine... and it is just an idea that I am expanding on top of others

We are all tired of getting thrown into matches because someone quit (for whatever reason). Most of the time this results in either a loss, or a cascading host migration effect (multiple people leaving)

What if:

When you get thrown into a game, that the game does not count as a loss (consider it a warm up).

As well, new stats introduced:

Quitter: gets a DNF (did not finish stat)

Joiner: gets no stat change or an INC (incomplete) stat if they joined a game and stayed in it (if they leave they get a DNF)

The higher your DNF stat is, the more likely you will get matched with people of the same stat (e.g. quitters play with quitters).

This could also result in: someone with a high finishing stat (including the INC) will get matched more often with people who do finish the games, and will less likely get thrown into matches that are almost over (this could result in slightly longer wait times for games)

To get around this: Someone with high complete stats could have the option to search for INC games (and their stats are unaffected if they are matched into a game in progress)

Note: These Ideas are not my own (DL28 brought this to life from Madden)... I am just expanding

• Re: Matchmaking and incomplete games - would it not be nice if....

When I join a match and I'm put on the losing team, and the winning team has it in the bag, I just back out anyway, after all I'm going to get a loss I might aswell not start that game.

I'd be more inclined to stay, if it didn't count as a loss, as of right now you're being punished for someone else leaving by taking the spot they had on the losing team.

• Re: Matchmaking and incomplete games - would it not be nice if....
            Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

What if:

When you get thrown into a game, that the game does not count as a loss (consider it a warm up).

As well, new stats introduced:

Quitter: gets a DNF (did not finish stat)

Joiner: gets no stat change or an INC (incomplete) stat if they joined a game and stayed in it (if they leave they get a DNF)

The higher your DNF stat is, the more likely you will get matched with people of the same stat (e.g. quitters play with quitters).

This could also result in: someone with a high finishing stat (including the INC) will get matched more often with people who do finish the games, and will less likely get thrown into matches that are almost over (this could result in slightly longer wait times for games)

To get around this: Someone with high complete stats could have the option to search for INC games (and their stats are unaffected if they are matched into a game in progress)

Note: These Ideas are not my own (DL28 brought this to life from Madden)... I am just expanding

good idea RL,

I've seen these ideas before as you mentioned, and I would welcome anything similar to this. Thanks for posting and collecting these ideas.