19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 12:09 PM by x1HxTakeNotez RSS

Buried High Rounds Strategy (Long)

x1HxTakeNotez

I found what I think is the best strategy in Buried if you want kills. What I mean by that is if you just hide in Juggernaut with trample-steams and head chompers, then what have you really accomplished. The game did everything for you.

My strategy is at Speed-Cola. You take the AN-94 and place it at Speed-Cola so you can have unlimited ammo. For me the Pack-a-Punched AN-94 is a great weapon till round 40 as long as you are aiming for the head and have the perma-perk Dead Shot Daiquiri. This strategy requires at least two people, but can have up to four. There are only two places that zombies will come from when you are at Speed-Cola. The top floor, there are two windows in the back where the box can spawn. If you stand next to Speed-Cola, all the zombies from those windows will come straight at you and you can line them up for easy kills. The other place is up the stairs. You want to take your best man and put him at the bottom of the stairs. Most of the zombies will come from this way and will line up for easy head shot slaughter. The reason I say put him at the bottom of the stairs is because if he gets overrun, then he has room to back up and time to ask for help.

Another reason this is an amazing place to make a stand is because there are two exits if things go wrong. Out the hole in the wall to where the box starts at and the hole in the wall that leads to the tunnel. Something interesting to note is that no zombies will come from these two areas. No zombies will jump up in the hole in the wall and no zombies will come from the tunnels unless you are inside of it.

Me personally, I put a trample steam on top of the roof of the building next to where the jail is so if you have to jump out the giant hole in the wall, you can run up the stairs onto the roof and use the trample steam to get back to Speed-Cola instead of having to run all the way around. Now just for back-up sakes, I put claymores and head chompers at the top of the stairs, so if the guy at the bottom gets overrun and goes down, all of that stuff will help you take back control.

My weapon choice is always the same. AN-94, Ray Gun Mark II and if I can the Paralyzer. All Pack-a-Punched. All 7 Perks. Claymores, Tramples Steams, Head Chompers, Galva Knuckles and Monkeys. Me personally, I hate the time bombs unless I'm playing solo, so everyone needs monkeys for when people go down.

Now at the beginning I said you can use up to four people in this strategy, but realistically you only need two. You can have two more up there with you, but if you want to make it easier on the guy at the bottom of the stairs then the other two need to do their own thing. I suggest train in front of Witch's House and in front of Jail. This way the zombies are split up into four groups and everyone is close by to help when people go down.

Now if you follow this strategy perfectly and have some people that know what their doing, then you my friend will be at the top of your leaderboards in no time. I hope that this guide has helped some of you that are new to this map or you that have always been hiding out in Juggernaut.

EDIT POST: This strategy dose NOT work solo. Just did this last night and made it to about round 35 and the zombies were coming in so quick that when they would try and jump down from the top and too many were jumping down so the ones that couldent decided to run around and come down the stairs. I had trample steams and head chompers and claymores, but they would still get in behind me. Now this would be an amazing two person strategy. One at the bottom of the stairs and one at speed colo to get the zombies at the top, but yet again DOSE NOT WORK SOLO!!!

• Re: Buried High Rounds Strategy (Long)
          x1HxTakeNotez

Sorry for this being all blacked out and weird. I don't know why it did it or how to fix it. I made this post on another site and instead of typing it all over again, I copyed and pasted it. I guess thats why it did that. O well...lol.

Yeah this strategy works really well, since they do not spawn in the tunnel. Personally, I would switch the AN for the SVU as the AN starts falling off in the mid to high 30's while the SVU is a one shot headshot kill at least until 45 with dtap and probably even higher.

I still think the jugg tunnel is superior though for the fact that you have only entry point rather than two. It allows you to have one person stand at entrance with the paralyzer toslow them down while eveyone else pops heads with the SVU. There's no need to rely upon buildables if you don't want to in this spot, I had 4500 kills with 3200 headshots just the other day.

Change is nice though and thanks for posting this as I'm sure there are plenty of people who were not aware that they can't spawn behind you at speed cola.

If you're gonna use this strategy beside jugg, it works a little better on the top hallway of the Saloon, the hallway with the hole in the wall at the back. Same strategy, but if sh!t gets hectic, you have an escape route. Just back up around the corner and jump out of the hole. At Jugg you're just stuck, unless you have a good player with the Paralyzer, in which you can have them float the whole team up to the top of the prison for an escape. It's tough though, it's difficult enough to float 1 player, much less three if you're in a hurry and need to bail.

I like to use this strategy as well. Except instead of the AN, place the SVU chalk there, far more headshot damage. Double this with double tap and you can easily blast your way to 50-60 without any problems. AN-94 is beast pack a punched, but next time, try the SVU, you'll find it is a far superior wall weapon in my opinion. You just burn through the ammo to fast with the AN.

LORD_GRRR

Good strategy.  I agree with PeterPanzer to utilize the svu for the same reasons he mentioned plus the svu will also put the zombies down quickly, which is crucial for making the rounds move faster.

On that note of hurrying up the zombies, I would try the same strategy with the courthouse doors closed to see if that would cause them to spawn in quicker.

Hands down the most successful camping spot I've found so far is the wall weapon area next to quick revive.  DBZ helped me test this spot out and it was excellent.  With our backs literally resting against an svu with no effort needed to obtain unlimited ammo and very fast zombie spawn-in rates, this spot moved us through the rounds like lightning.  The mystery box can be locked in place right next to the team as well, making for easy unlimited box runs.  There is also an escape route should you need it through the hole in the floor. 

For this spot to work, however, everyone must be alert and doing their part.  As soon as someone checks out, things can go downhill in a hurry.  I tried a second test run with 4 players here and one of our team passed out in the 20's (literally, he fell asleep).  It didn't go so well into the 30's due to his absence.  All members of the team need to contribute their weight equally to make it to high rounds here.  Team members must be fast and accurate with the svu under pressure.

If the team can handle it, very high rounds can be reached here.  DBZ and I made it to 53 just experimenting here before we had to call it a night (actually, early morning).  We were in no trouble at 53 and we felt like we could have made it past 60 relatively easily without changing the strategy we were using at all.

Never donned on me to leave the doors closed, good point. I'm gonna have to give the quick revive area a shot next time, sounds legit.

DeathBringer-Zen

This ^^^ was BY FAR, the quickest strat that I am aware of so far on Buried. It literally took us what... 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get all the way to 53 of 2 player?

Having the SVU and the box there helped no end, but yeah, if 2-3 people wanted to try that spot it, I reckon they will NOT fins a better spot to sit. Not with a wall weapon so handy.

I sat there earlier, but only got like 1-4 zombies per round in the mid 20's because the rest of the team wanted to run trains...it does look to be the best choice though. SVU right at your back, don't even have to move. Lock down the box up there on top of that and ammo is no issue. The map has good camping spots all over, but if you can burn through rounds faster that comes in handy. Speeding up the game can be just as important as keeping ammo. I need to try this spot out.

Did you guys use traps?? I hate it when people wanna go stock up on head choppers, resonators, and trample steams. They do help and I don't mind using them, but restocking every round just takes so much time. Sounds like the quick revive spot will work without the help from traps.

If all of you literally stand just outside the fence of the courtroom bottom floor with the door shut then most of those zombies that spawn at the top will drop down from the ledge. The courthouse is an awesome strat but that quick revive strat sounds even better.

x1HxTakeNotez

Thank you baldage1, PeterPanzer903 and LORD_GRRR for the SVU tip. The AN-94 would only take me to 40 before it became hard, but I will get the SVU instead of the paralyzer. I completely forgot about the SVU. Thank you very much. Also, I will give the Quick revive spot a chance and see how that works out. Also one thing i never tried was going into the court house with the trample steam and leaving the door closed. there would only be 4 windows to watch and thats it. May be a slow paced game, but really easy. Idk yet, going to try it tonight.

Killbook

All very good strategies. I just got the map yesterday and I'm going to be doing what I did in MOTD and try every single camping spot, no matter the difficulty because the more difficult the better, and find the easiest and fastest camping spot on the map and your strategies gave me a bunch of clues of where to starts!

LORD_GRRR

I'm curious to find out how it went keeping the door closed.  Let us know.

Also, I tested out the quick revive spot tonight (well, now it was last night as it's 3:45 in the morning) with 3 strong players and it was a breeze.  The zombies absolutely got spanked!  At no point were we in any type of distress whatsoever.  We could have gone on and on and on.  Fatigue and having to eventually go to bed was the only thing that ended the game.  As long as everyone plays as a team, this spot is the bees knees!

TARGETZERO

something you need to add to "your" strategy get a team member to round them up, in front of the witches house.

They then lead the horde to your waiting team mates, at the bottom of the court stairs. if they cant keep up, they can slowley retreat back up the stairs.

also, by trample/turbine/resonator bieng placed on the window entrance, it will protect your back. those that do spill over drop into the centre of the court

PADDI_H

Love the court house. I use an94 packed with ammo on the wall. packed ray gun 2 for emergencies. and unpacked hammer for loads of cash. I find being upstairs best. Crounching when needed to line up all the heads. when all under control wait for a zombie train and **** with the hammer. If high rounds object i would pack the LMG. Building money unpacked LMG

x1HxTakeNotez

OMG I tried a game with the door closed. AMAZING!!! Stand at the bottom of the stairs at the edge of the railing and all the zombies from the top floor will jump down and none will come behind you. Amazing spot for solo and lots of room to run if things go bad. I would say good spot for solo or multiple people, but some people are d**ks and will open the door, so ill stick with solo on that strategy.

The quick revive one was amazing as well. I was playing with 3 other people and held of by myself there until round 35 with no problems, then got board and went to the court house and kept going to 60 before we got tired and got off.

x1HxTakeNotez

FROM OP:

This strategy dose NOT work solo. Just did this last night and made it to about round 35 and the zombies were coming in so quick that when they would try and jump down from the top and too many were jumping down so the ones that couldent decided to run around and come down the stairs. I had trample steams and head chompers and claymores, but they would still get in behind me. Now this would be an amazing two person strategy. One at the bottom of the stairs and one at speed colo to get the zombies at the top, but yet again DOSE NOT WORK SOLO!!!