16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 9:14 AM by DrYum RSS

Lets get a top ten list going of worst things that they put in call of duty that hurts the game

augkash

Target Finders, Lag Comp  are my 2 things

• Re: Lets get a top ten list going of worst things that they put in call of duty that hurts the game
          ChestSplittah

Lag compensation has been in CoD since PS2.

Anyway, Theater, tac inserts.

• Re: Lets get a top ten list going of worst things that they put in call of duty that hurts the game
            slyd0g55

1. tactial insertion, boosting **** 2.black ops 2 emp grenades, flash etc.. how it did not use ricochet, fricken team mates would throw these on purpose and 3. from me would be the game getting hacked , cheaters ruined MW MW2 ability to fly etc...

surridge1990

1.) Tac Insert

2.) 1/2 Hit kill pistols

3.) Lack of HC support

4.) Ghost being split into 3 different perks

5.) Having to move to keep ghost active

6.) FLASH grenades that make you incapable of moving

7.) Lack of weapon choice in LMG/Shotgun/Sniper classes

8.) Quickscoping

9.) Drop/Jump shot.... (Ive found in a few cases a player jumping distorts the hitbox so they are impossible to kill when in the air, this doesnt happen all the time though)

10.) Split screening

11.) Emphasis on killstreaks (they should be there to support you and your team not dictate a games outcome)

12.) Current generation of lag comp

13.) Emphasis on perks

14.) Spawn trapping

15.) Lack of communication from developers who refuse to conscede there is a problem with the game

16.) Catering for children and 1st time players (Glow in the dark camo's, Over whelming aim assist, TF's MMS scanners etc)

More a list of faults with the current games rather than a list of bad things been put in but you get the idea!

SubToXd

9) COD is known for its versatility.
                  10) this was an "about time" feature.
                  14) Hell of a lot better than the revenge spawn system
                  15) Developers are completely aware. They cant possibly listen to millions of people.

Other than those I agree with everything else.

otisman666

SubToXd wrote:

15) Developers are completely aware. They cant possibly listen to millions of people.

Other than those I agree with everything else.

No, this is different.  There has been little to no communication with the community when it comes to the really big issues, at least from 3arch. 

Let me ask a question here.  What is the #1 problem that almost everyone agrees with, at least on the console side?  Would you agree it is connection issues?  Now one more question, does anyone on these boards expect to hear ANYTHING about these issues over the next four months from IW?

SubToXd

Yes they are aware of really big issues. Look at what this game has become. It has become a game derived from the cries of the community. Thats why this game sucks (BO2). Really quick run-down.... people b/itched about camping so they implemented the maps, spawns, and perks to be designed to prevent camping. They got so many complaints that instead of trying to take care of them they decided to add so much sh/it (ei... perks, weapons, equipment, attahcments,scorestreaks) so that they could try to please everyone.

And as for lag, I wish i knew more on how to fix it. But lag comp has always been in COD. Its needed for every COD or else it would be unplayable online. But I do agree we need it reduced. Now treyarch is completely aware of the lag and connection issues. But they have their hands-cuffed. They cant come up with a simple title update and fix it all. This needs to happen before the game comes out. And the problem with testing the lag and connection issues during development pase is that it happens on a LAN connection. So they never get the full feel of the game like we do when we purchase it.

randomness550

1. Target finders

2. Stuff that helps you camp ( shock charges, claymore etc )

3. Spraying snipers ( especially the SVU )

4. LMGS ( I think they're OP cuz they have like no recoil and a ton of ammo and kill you in basicly 2 or 3 )

5. Deathstreaks

6. Supportstreaks.

7. Hitmarkers with bolt action snipers ( especially when they are barrel stuff hitmarkers )                                                     8. Maps that have lots of dark corners.

rlbl

- Poor matchmaking system

- Noob Aids: Target finders, thermals, heart beat sensors, and the like... Unless you are at a disadvantage for using them, or a perk that counters them all without having to sacrifice a much better perk (e.g. make the perk useful not just for the specific counter)

- QuickDraw./SOH on Snipers

- Game ending bombs (nukes)

- Game changing bombs (moabs)

- 1:1 Stacking Killstreaks

- MW3's pointstreak system (too easy to get streaks... some variation on BO2's system is decent in principal, imho)

- 100% Non-resetting support style streaks (there should be some level of reset on death)

- Deathstreaks (dumbest thing ever... wake up IW)

1. Reflective team fire- encourages stupidity not teamwork. Often punishes wrong player.

2. Quickscoping- far too unrealistic, allows sniper rifles to play as OHK shotguns. Where is weapon balance?

3. Excessive focus on killstreaks. Killstreaks should be removed from the game. Yes, I said it. If you want planes and helicopters, have the balls to do it right like BF. In mw3, there is always a UAV on both teams and always Body armor on organized teams- if you want to be successful you are forced to waste perks on assasin and hope you get put on the organized team. We shouldn't need perks like assasin because UAV should be rare or nonexistent.

4. Perks and attachments that accomplish what we should already do or not be able to do- Perks like stalker and quickdraw should be natural with certain weapons, while marksman should be eliminated (can you say aimbot?). There should be absolutely no heartbeat sensors or portable radars- these don't exist in real life (at least not in this capacity) and are another reason people are forced to waste perks on assasin if they want to play stealth (which really is just being tactical).

5. Hardcore = core with less health. Why no game mode options? What if I want hardcore with my crosshairs? What if I want hardcore with no killstreaks but keeping perks? Really this comes back to the lack of flexibility or investment in the COD servers.

6. Matchmaking is very poor. If you are determined to keep revolving COD around unlocking stuff repeatedly, then at least match up people with similar rank. Also, WHY CANT WE SELECT GAME LOBBIES BY MAP???!?

7. Lag compensation- need I say more?

8. Hosted matches- again, we need dedicated servers that can handle the load. Everyone knows when you are lagging bad out of nowhere, you are likely hosting. Host migrations will clear out a game quick.

9. XM-25. I am usually one to argue for balance over elimination, but this thing needs to go. It isn't all to difficult to learn, and can be used to spam grenades at objectives/spawns, or as a short range shotgun that requires virtually no aiming. I can understand the other launchers and even the noob-tube, but this is just ridiculous. I play on Hardcore where this thing is much more potent, so I understand core players might feel different. That also goes back to what I was saying about there being no considerations for hardcore mode differences.

10. Small maps built on 3 choke points. Maps have gotten progressively smaller and also more expensive. This also contributes to the frequent poor spawns and ease of spawn-trapping which are prevelant in MW3. What gives? We need bigger, multi leveled maps with terrain. You guys are getting embarrassed by EA when it comes to this aspect. Please stop defending COD as a "fast paced" game oriented around small maps- you can have plenty of action on bigger maps and also allow more players (assuming your servers are capable of handling the load!). And snipers could finally be snipers!

Raketti

1. Poor matchmaking, the root cause of all lag related BS we've endured in all titles released after MW2.

2. Poor netcode, it does a pretty nice job in ironing out the huge latencies that were more visible in earlier games (skipping characters etc.), but it simply does not work as it should. If it did, the host wouldn't be punished with lag, and you would have the upper hand over people on a worse connection towards the host on a regular basis which doesn't seem to happen very often.

In other words, there was nothing wrong with the slight host advantage and the fact that you had "internet pro" over laggy players, the efforts to make the connection equal has just turned things for the worse. People rage quit due to lag when someone on the opposing team is enjoying their "3 bar god mode", and often enough the whole enemy team just sponges up your bullets and is a good half a second ahead.

3. Sniper frog, although it's only a conspiracy theory that was never proven, often enough it still feels like the game is giving people who aren't doing that well some help, and upping the aim assist and health on people who are worse or on a lower level than you at the game. Call me crazy, but this **** happens.

4. Crappy hit detection. When i shoot someone, they should die, not instakill me if they return fire.

5. Splitscreening. It should be removed or only available in their own moshpit-type playlist. Often enough the are almost solely responsible for the loss (especially in TDM), and can sponge up bullets all day long getting that irritating bullshit kill on you thanks to lag and the crappy hit detection they always seem to bring into the picture.

6. Catering to noobs, the learning curve should be steeper and there should not be any rewards for sucking (like deathstreaks, lethal support streaks, second chance or martyrdom etc.).

7. All sights and equipment that point out where the enemy is (target finders, portable radar etc.), just another way to help the noobs.

8. Making hipfiring as accurate as it is, with the small maps it just turns the game into spray and pray way too often. This can also be considered one way to cater to noobs.

9. Revenge spawns and bad spawn logic, small maps only make this worse.

10. Bullshit sniper rifles, ADS-time should be higher and the hipfire accuracy should be poor, in other words there should be almost zero chance to win a gunfight with a sniper rifle close range. The crappy hit detection doesn't make things better, it's pretty irritating when someone OHK's you by shooting you in the leg.

EDIT: 2 more things that make the game worse:

Character movement speed is too high, since the ancient game engine cannot keep up and messes up the hit detection and the camera angles, they should make the players slower if they insist on using this engine.

Inconsistency with different weapons is extremely frustrating. I've been one shotted today in BO2 once with a pistol, and once with a AN-94, while i on several occasions didn't even get a hitmarker when i was using an RPG and landed a shot directly at the enemy. It's also ruins the experience when sometimes (or actually almost all the time) you need to empty a full or at least a half a clip into someone in the last three games even if all shots seem to register.