24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2013 8:50 AM by zrt23 RSS

AN-94 Nerfed Bad!

Momba1

When a gun is clearly OP I 'get' the need for a nerf, but the AN-94's advatage like any AR was it's range and TTK (Time to Kill). There are so many Target Finders, Shot Guns, Snipers, modded guns (e.g. Rapid Fire) you name it, there needs to be a balance.

I can 'see' a 5%~10% adjustment here and there, but essentially the AN-94 with a 33% drop in most cases -- WTH?! The simplest tweak is it's RPM (Rate of Fire) where you can make small changes that do not completely obliterate a gun. Players learn motor memory and once it's imprinted it's a real pain to change it. The PDW's nerfs ended-up destroying that gun, and now it appears to be the same here.

If anything needs a 33% nerf it's C4's blast radius!

Damn it!

Changes to AN-94:

No Suppressor:

Close Head 3 (was 2) *

Close Body 3 (was 2) *

Mid Head 3 (was 2) *

Mid Body 3 (was 2) *

Long Head 3 (was 2) *

Long Body 4 (was 3) *

Suppressor:

Close Head 3 (was 3)

Close Body 3 (was 3)

Mid Head 3 (was 3)

Mid Body 4 (was 3) *

Long Head 4 (was 3) *

Long Body 5 (was 4) *

* Nerfs

• Re: AN-94 Nerfed Bad!
          zrt23

I have not tried it yet since the update. Looks crap indeed.

Why do they not nerf LMGs or shotguns damage in that case?? Everydody complains about it online. The AN94 was a great way to fight LMGs campers or shotgun rushers. I don't know if it will work yet :/

AN really sucks now, they definitly should nerf the shotguns..

zrt23

Just tried it and as expected (in softcore), I lost many gunfights vs LMGs at medium-long range but also vs peacekeeper at medium range. Otherwise, close range fights are also a pain, 2 hitmakers at 1 meter and it's not enough to kill a knife/shotgun rusher..

What i liked with this weapon is dead. It's was very efficient at mid-long range and could kill fast at close range. Very sad

Anyway it still works fine in HC... but in Soft, it kinda sucks :/

Momba1

Last night I thought it was broken lag or my broken aim, and then this morning I noticed some tests and I republished the findings. The AN-94 was my favorite gun and yep before I used it against Snipers in games of peek-a-boo, kept my distance with Shotgunners, and most of the time (running backwards mind you) against Knifers. In a few games I had to resort to my 'F'em' Class of Mk 48.

None of this made any sense to me until I saw the data.

IF the AN-94 was going to get a nerf then reduce it's RPM by 10%~15%...

Now the question is what do I replace it with next?? Frankly, I'm pretty perturbed right now! Thinking about the QBB LSW with Quickdraw + Stock + Extended Mags.

zrt23

I think I will bring back the SCAR-H with quickdraw + stock. This weapon is great at any range also and has a great bullet penetration without FMJ. The only problem is it has a bigger recoil than the MK48 or LSAT lol

Momba1

Yeah I went home for lunch and tried the SCAR-H and it's pretty close by not as good as the AN-94 before the nerf.

Still PO'ed...such is life.

The QBB LSW with Stock + Quickdraw is manageable, but even with Lightweight I still felt too slow. Pff I might go back to my SMG days and run around the map like my 'rear-end' is on fire.

Of the LMG's and depending on the game type I personally preferred the LSAT + Dual Band + Suppressor; it's a recoil thing.

infobiter

Makes me sad but I had already started leaning towards the SMR as my go-to gun.

Momba1

The FAL and SMR are 'good' AR's but not as good as the AN-94 'was.' The problem with both of those guns is that legit players refuse to macro 'Auto-Fire,' now bannable BTW, and find those guns were too nerfed sometime back.

infobiter

The SMR still has an amazing 2HK range which is pretty dominating with decent accuracy.

Considering the low rate of fire I don't even see the point of using any macro's with it either.

The FAL hasn't really felt good to me since they nerfed select fire. 

zrt23

I'm used to play SMR in SC and FAL in HC, both are great anyway as 'trigger' ARs. but the AN-94 was the best full-auto AR imo. Now I can't say, perhaps it's the SCAR-H(damage/penetration), perhaps the Type25(rate of fire/accuracy)..

zrt23

Tried the DSR and it's horrible how it has been nerfed.

I do not understand why they did it, this sniper is now impossible to play without camping (or at least hide and manage the timing to reload between each shot or you are dead).

Can't say for the Ballista atm..

Edit: I have google'd about the last (nerf) update and in every link i found, everybody is complaining about new features. So, I ask myself who the hell asked them to nerf DSR/AN94/Ballista ???

We ask for dedis servers, they never answer... nobody ask to nerf these weapons, they are nerfed... It's me or something wrong between Activision/3arc and the community ?!

Momba1

The problem is those motor reflexes that everyone gets for any gun -- all goes out the window. It's worst for those that use these guns all of the time and now fell or at least I do to some extent -- lost.

Personally, I don't like Quick Scopers, but trust me when I say I 'get' your loss and I 100% 'get' your game is all off because of these changes.

I know it's like losing a buddy and to those who feel like we do -- we'll adjust.

Hey good job Treyarch !

Please nerv all rifles or better remove all rifles and make only Smg´s, Lmg´s and Quickscope-SnipzZzZHD!..

Hell Jeah pls dont fix the Lmg´s , make the Lmgs better and hell jeah please make the quickscoping  easier!

Ok TA?

i played with this gun last night and i saw no noticeable difference.. people just whine

zrt23

the difference is obvious on DSR 

Momba1

Yeah well I sure noticed the difference, keep in mind I have about 27K kills using the AN-94.

This game is all about 'lethality' and gunfights are won or lost in a fraction of a second.

Momba i respect your opinion on what you seen with the gun, but i have seen nothing about it to complain about. in fact i perm unlocked it yesterday after using it.. i didnt wanna use a perm unlock until i used it with the new nerf of it, i saw 0 difference in what it was previously..

i dont have simpithy for avid An-94 users since i was an avid FAL user and mine got nerfed 3 times making it a terrible gun IMO

Momba1

The night before YouTubeDude posted this video -> (2:36) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TFN1O17VU I was convinced something was up since I noticed a TTK drop in the AN-94, I kept pressing TAB thought out a couple of games to look at the Ping rates 'thinking' something was up or maybe my aim was going bad because it was later in the evening and maybe I was 'tired.'

Drift0r also posted his video but without emperical data other than a percentage of nerf, some of his data is wrong - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxBM6cgcu8

It's not that you cannot kill with the AN-94 nor is it that it's now the worst AR, these changes throw-off your timing and you'll lose more gunfights than you did before i.e. higher scorestreaks are harder to obtain. My 'knife' is dull (AN-94).

Example - these kind of kills aren't happening as before - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNIBSZNnVwo

Now the folks that IMO that got screwed royally are the Snipers, quickscoping is all about motor memory and for them all of that is out the window. They clearly got the short-end of the stick, I don't like them but I appreciate and respect their skill. Similarly, my motor reflexes are screwed-up on the AN-94.

So yesterday I was running around with different gun in a new CaC and had several double, triple and one quad Warthog games. The AN-94 might be shelved for a while.