1 11 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 152 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 5:38 AM by rlbl Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 120. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
        Foxhound-Pro

zombie_BATMAN wrote:

purple zebra camo

either they are aiming at kids, or there are a lot more pimps playing this game than i assumed.

I always assumed that it was in reference to LMFAO's Party Rock.

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8

Something we might not be taking in to account here: How many of us are female? While many of you may dislike these cartoonish items, I'm sure that there are females that both appreciate and dislike them. Those that like it, will buy it, and are of age to purchase it are part of the targeted market for that item.

• 121. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
          illstplaya2live

You said earlier that you don't have a problem with micro-transactions. My question is... Why?

Why don't you have a problem with micro-transactions? You know they are trying to make more money by making us buy this stuff, which I'm okay with, except the problems with the game are not being addressed.. And thats where my problem with micro-transactions comes in... If they are not going to address these problems or even achknowledge them then why should I even bother giving them money? So that's why I don't understand why someone would be okay with that. 

• 122. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
            Foxhound-Pro

illstplaya2live wrote:

You said earlier that you don't have a problem with micro-transactions. My question is... Why?

Why don't you have a problem with micro-transactions? You know they are trying to make more money by making us buy this stuff, which I'm okay with, except the problems with the game are not being addressed.. And thats where my problem with micro-transactions comes in... If they are not going to address these problems or even achknowledge them then why should I even bother giving them money? So that's why I don't understand why someone would be okay with that. 

Answer: Because I enjoy this game, I spend a lot of time in this game, they appeal to me, and they're cheap. I have them all, but only use a few.

Subjective Experience: First and foremost, I'm an Xbox 360 player. That said, the game works well for me. There are moments where I have some WTF, but there's nothing technically broken for me to the point where I don't want to support this game. My biggest gripe? C4. Screw that ease of use nonsense. The cold, hard truth? I should really adapt to the game mode and tactic instead of attempting to stick it out and not use Flak Jacket.

We have different opinions and that's okay.

A list of other games that I've purchased microtransactions for in no specific order:

• The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
              • Xbox Live Avatars Items
              • Xbox Live Themes
              • Xbox Live Gamerpics
              • PSN Gamerpics
              • PSN Themes
              • Dead Space
              • Gears of War 3
              • League of Legends (Oh god I've spent so much.)
              • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
              • Ascend: Hand of Kul
              • Borderlands 2
              • Battlefield: Hereos
              • Battlefield: Play4Free
              • PlanetSide 2

Currently, or at some point, all of these game's interested me to the point where purchasing additional in-game content increased my immersion or brought a new "flavor" to it.

• 123. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
              ccr2385

This people who are mad are the people who pay your bills Activision. We get mad because every year after W@W you dumb down your games to make bad gamers better. There's a reason your games are losing sales & ghost will be no different.

• 124. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
                Kothar44

According to an IGN survey, 1% of the respondents were female.  Age demographics shows between 22% & 26% are under the age required to purchase the game.

I think it is safe to assume that the cartoonish items (roughly 30% of the content) are not being marketed to 1% of the gamer population.  These are intended to have mommies CC (already on file) hit by the kiddoes. (1/5th to 1/4 of the gamer population.)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57548655-1/calling-in-sick-to-play-call-of-d uty-black-ops-2-youre-not-alone/

From my friends list and listening to those with mics, I would have guessed the female population at around 2-3%.

• 125. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
                  Kothar44

I don't have any problem with DLC/micro; in fact I have made many purchases for a number of games myself. 

With that said, I have steadfastly refused to spend one extra dime on BLOPS 2 DLC or micros.

To me, the micros are targeted at a younger audience and the DLC are just more of what I find wrong with the game in the first place (small maps & short sight lines that appeal to a younger audience - skate parks, ski slopes, paint ball, lava)

When coupled with Activision refusing to even acknowledge there are problems with the basic game itself (spawns, matchmaking, latency, the infamous helicopter sound, no sound, system freezes et al) and lack of addressing issues brought up in these forums other than nerfing guns; I feel to reward Activision with additional sales would be telling them to go ahead and keep on screwing me on my original $60.00, in fact, lets make it so you screw me on $125.00 instead.

In fact, my dissapointment has reached a level where not only am I not going ot pre-order Ghosts, I have no intention of buying it after release.  I'll keep an eye on the forums and if after 3 months everyone says it is the best COD since WaW and I don't see the same basic game function problems I"ll pick it up.  Based on the opposite trend (games gettng worse, not better) and Activision's head in the sand stance, I'm pretty sure this will be my last COD title.

• 127. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
                    Foxhound-Pro

Kothar44 wrote:

According to an IGN survey, 1% of the respondents were female.  Age demographics shows between 22% & 26% are under the age required to purchase the game.

I think it is safe to assume that the cartoonish items (roughly 30% of the content) are not being marketed to 1% of the gamer population.  These are intended to have mommies CC (already on file) hit by the kiddoes. (1/5th to 1/4 of the gamer population.)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57548655-1/calling-in-sick-to-play-call-of-d uty-black-ops-2-youre-not-alone/

From my friends list and listening to those with mics, I would have guessed the female population at around 2-3%.

This surey doesn't accomplish much. The 21% representing 13-17 range includes the ESRB rating ages for this game. To claim that it is stacked either way would simply be illogical.

Furthermore I'd doubt that the playerbase consists of 2-3% female. On the Xbox side of things we see quite a few females. Running into one isn't rare, but they're normally attached to clans or tight night groups. Sites like IGN and even these forums aren't frequented by females often. I don't believe that this is the medium for them. Most that I speak to don't like it here for a variety of reasons.

Regardless, there's a large sense of machoism surrounding the dislike of this content. I get it, most men don't want to wear the "cartoony" and "flashy stuff." That doesn't mean though that it's immature at all or advertised to children in the grand scheme of things. It may be for many personally, but it's definitely not when looking at the big picture. Again, it's lose-lose.

• 128. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
                      Foxhound-Pro

Kothar44 wrote:

I don't have any problem with DLC/micro; in fact I have made many purchases for a number of games myself. 

With that said, I have steadfastly refused to spend one extra dime on BLOPS 2 DLC or micros.

To me, the micros are targeted at a younger audience and the DLC are just more of what I find wrong with the game in the first place (small maps & short sight lines that appeal to a younger audience - skate parks, ski slopes, paint ball, lava)

When coupled with Activision refusing to even acknowledge there are problems with the basic game itself (spawns, matchmaking, latency, the infamous helicopter sound, no sound, system freezes et al) and lack of addressing issues brought up in these forums other than nerfing guns; I feel to reward Activision with additional sales would be telling them to go ahead and keep on screwing me on my original $60.00, in fact, lets make it so you screw me on $125.00 instead.

In fact, my dissapointment has reached a level where not only am I not going ot pre-order Ghosts, I have no intention of buying it after release.  I'll keep an eye on the forums and if after 3 months everyone says it is the best COD since WaW and I don't see the same basic game function problems I"ll pick it up.  Based on the opposite trend (games gettng worse, not better) and Activision's head in the sand stance, I'm pretty sure this will be my last COD title.

Understood. There's nothing wrong with this statement at all and your position is pretty clear. We covered it before and voting with one's wallet is literally the strongest move one can make. Here's hoping that GHOSTS either appeals to you or you find something that you enjoy playing. We're on the boundary of next gen content. Either way we cut it, gamers are going to win this year and next year for new and exciting content.

• 129. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
                        Kothar44

ok, fine.  there is no content intended to please potential players under age 17 in any Activision "M" rated product and Activision has never included any material in any ad that would entice someone under 17 to play the game, nor has anyone under 17 even seen an ad without the intervention of a bad parent.  Ever.  OK?

Activision must be a tough place to work.  I am the executive level escalation manager for a business class ISP with a little over 600,000 clients presently.  In other words, when something gets borked enough that a complaint goes straight to an executive officer (CEO, CFO, COO), I handle the customer, fix the issue, determine the underlying cause and make sure it does not happen again by policy or procedure changes.  I do that by working with every department in our company and our vendors.

If I were not allowed to admit we made an error, or had a problem, or needed to fix something I could never do my job,  One of the things I enjoy is thanking a customer for bringing a problem to my attention so I can fix it before it affects other customers.  The funny part is, our most loyal customers are typically the ones we admitted to screwing over, then made things right with them.

Having to constantly deny there are any problems other than the occasional nerfing of a gun must drain on you all personally.  Like your co-GlobalModerator that threatened some punk with a perma ban for calling the game "Hack Ops 2" earlier today.

You have by far been the most reasonable person I have dealt with at Activision.We have agreed, disagreed, and agreed to disagree, but kept on communicating.  Perhaps if I had not had so many encounters such as the afore mentioned punk with other Activision employees, be it on the forums, in support, via social media or direct contact to corporate offices I would not have made up my mind that my life will be better without Activision in it.

Out of all our communications, perhaps this one (or preferably a brief summation) is worth sharing with your boss' boss' boss.  Turn problems into long term wins, not bigger problems.