12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 5:29 AM by Bielsalmighty RSS

My opinion on the newest patch.

randomness550

I personally think it was a great idea to nerf the only thing in the ENTIRE game that actually took some skill and was difficult to do! I also think it was a great idea to leave everything that is actually OP ( LMGS ) and leave them completely the same as you take something that is already difficult to use and make it even more difficult to use!!! ( sarcasm ) I hate treyarch. Cant wait till GHOSTS comes out. Hopefully they wont be as stupid ( no offense to those who disagree )

• Re: My opinion on the newest patch.

first off it doesnt take skill to quickscope with a sniper rifle, up close their is practicly an aim assist helping you hit your mark, they should take off the aim assist, and LMG are not op, and niether is the shotgun, read somthing somewhere where a person said, the shotgun is so op that it kills without aiming in on target, really!!! last time i checked a shotgun is an area trgt shooter, not a bullet. LMG dont do what they reall good at, such as cone of fire, the lmg has no cone of fire, it shoots directly where you aim it, o and those of you who love to quick scope id like to see you try and hit a trgt accurate without aiming down the sights in real life.

QS never took much skill, only some practice. Yes, LMG's are a bit OP when used with TARGET FINDER, but the better solution would be to get rid of target finder than to nerf LMG's to the point of being inaccurate, heavy assault rifles.

P.S.- People NEVER complain when I snipe them, because I hardscope unless they get up close, in which case I switch to my sidearm or hipfire if I don't have time. I have never had anyone complain ever or attack me for sniping like a sniper!

Bielsalmighty

Lets get one thing straight, QS is *NOT* easy to do. It takes practise to become proficient at it.

However, once someone is proficient, they then have a massive potential advantage over everyone (at least in regards to Core). I dont think its right that a weapon whose domain is supposed to be extreme range should be able to outclass others that should hold the advantage up close.

I play in HC though, so the minimal TTK pretty much balances it out. I'm only annoyed at getting quickscoped in HC because I was either drastically unlucky or I got pwnt. In Core, well, it can be pretty obnoxious having your weapon choice rendered irrelevant.

Also, LMGs are not OP at all. A slow moving, sloooooow ADSing gun with a hipfire spread the size of europe is a pretty hamstrung gun to start with. The long range power, large clip and relatively low recoil is needed to balance out its already pretty large downsides.

I ended up first place in FFA using the Hamr a bunch of times. It's the only LMG I'm really good at. It's fun owning a field full of SMG sprayers since they should have the advantage. And it's not like I was camping, I was rushing just like the rest. Put stock, grip and quickdraw on it and it becomes a great rushing LMG. The other LMG's are a lot slower I will admit.

Bielsalmighty

I used to be a pretty mobile LMG user on BO1. Loved me that HK21 <3

Still, LMGs have plenty of disadvantages, which takes 4 slots of a pick 10 to kind of cover up. IMO they are perfectly balanced. The reason no-one whinged about them before now is nobody realised how damn good they were even on past titles. I will refer you to the RPD and my beloved HK21. The HK needed extended mags to be fair, but even then I saw it as well balanced as the lower mobility was less of a problem thanks to the slower pace of BO1. Its lack of recoil was breathtaking though, I nailed people full auto in core from distances NO full auto gun had any right to. Hell, even Burst Fire weapons, which are supposed to dominate longer distances, got utterly torn apart by that thing. Yet it was never complained about because no-one realised how good it was!

You say " QS " was the only thing in this game that takes skill? A sniper belongs hidden and hardscoping, not rushing and " QS ". Those feeds you love so much are nothing more than spawntraps in domination, demolition on the maps nuketown, hijacked, ..

Firesens

A sniper is rewarded by his accuracy and by that I mean his aim, you can't aim when you quickscope. That is why if you look at these "quickscopers" weapon stats with snipers there accuracy is below 10%.

I love the new Bolt actions because people can't spam them anymore they can't just blatantly run around and use them for CQB, they have to actually camp or use them the way a sniper was meant to be used and that is to use it by scoping in or zooming in and then taking out their target.

Also by using the scope you can be more efficient rather than less accurate.

The people that are ******** are the ones that suck and can't adapt or just don't want to use the scope because they think quickscoping is cool or more skillful and yet when their accuracy % is below 10 it shows how much skill they really have and that is none.

For the last time, QUICKSCOPING DOESN'T TAKE SKILL.  I see so many people doin it.  It's too easy.  I hope it stays the way it is.

But I will agree with you that the Target Finders need nerfed.

Bielsalmighty

If it doesn't take skill, pick up a sniper and give it a go.

It does take skill, but once the skill is acquired it does indeed hand the QSer a pretty OP'd advantage over everyone else.

riksterinto

It takes more skill using a sniper rifle than nearly every other weapon in the game.  The 2 exceptions might be the crossbow and ballistic knives.

I snipe sometimes and I can deal with the nerf that was done although I really hate it when I miss a shot or get a hit marker because the follow up shot is next to impossible against any decent player. 

Everyone should be happy that people choose to snipe because most people who do are much better with other weapons. The Snipers would be owning all the whiners even worse if they all picked up a supressed automatic firing weappon.

Whoever invented the target finder should be voted off the planet.

Bielsalmighty

Lets not mix up 'Sniping' with 'Quickscoping'. You are clearly talking about the latter, and quite frankly QSers win gunfights they wouldn't have had a hope in hell of winning if they had been using another weapon.

As for the Target Finder, So what if a red square appears round you? Seriously? If someones already ADS'd at a spot and you move into it, they'll see you whether or not theres a red square around you.