1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 1:18 PM by ddan9459 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
        ghamorra

You can never 100% solve this issue. It's a game that anyone can play. However, you can swing the majority to the mature players. Think of it like the US Congress. You're never going to eleminate a major party from Capitol Hill, but you can swing the majority to favor one party over another and when you do that intests of the majority party will dominate.

As of right now the majority player base appears to be the immature player base and Call of Duty is reflecting the interests of this group.

Probably a poor analogy but it makes sense to me.

• 21. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
          Hells_Hawk

I disagree there, it does not matter how a game is made or "catered to", the player base can still be mature and play it.

Don't forget Congress gets nothing done lol

• 22. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
            ghamorra

Hells_Hawk wrote:

I disagree there, it does not matter how a game is made or "catered to", the player base can still be mature and play it.

True, however Call of Duty has the worst communtiy I've ever been apart of. I play a lot of games and non have had as much hostility as Call of Duty, why is this?

The only thing that makes sense to me is how this game is designed. It attracts the worst players with the worst attitudes. This is accounting for not only the players themselves but the game as well.

I don't think it's 100% on Activision for the immaturity of the community, but I don't think they should be completely exempt.

• 23. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
              Hells_Hawk

I will agree to a lot of what you said.

This community is the worst of any game out there, but you also need to remember how many people it goes out to.

I also agree that some blame should go to Activision, but I'm not putting a lot on them as they make a game they do not control who plays it. That is for people in real life to do so.

I do find personally games with a far less number of people playing it have a more mature and enjoyable community to talk to, that can be wrong at times because every game are going to have immature players ( hackers trolls extra) sadly that is something as gamers we need to deal with on a game by game, and dev by dev base.

• 24. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                ghamorra

No doubt that niche games have better communities. I think is becaue the only people who play the game truely want to play the game. Whereas Call of Duty seems to have people who play that just to play a game

• 25. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                  Hells_Hawk

I agree with that.

• 26. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                    xtlc2003

Unfortunately what you state is exactly what will keep Ativision relevant. We get old, we move on but kids are alway "kids" and will play games, they grow up and guess what new kids are there to replace them and buy more games. If Activision foresakes younger gamers then that will spell the doom of CoD. Plus I don't get all the hate on kids, 99% of the immature community I run into are adults, young adults maybe but adults none the less, or at least sound like it. I don't know how many lobbies I've run into where an adults is not just talking smack but he's being incrediblily vulgar and immature about it. I honestly think the community needs work but it's not really the kids who need work, because well they're kids and expected to be a little immature, it us adults who need to be a little more mature.

• 27. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                      zvers

I Agree. To add to your post, Diamond camo, Spray paint camo, Japanamation camo etc.....It's suppose to be more realistic IMO. That's what CoD used to be. Now it's turned into a 'Justin Beeber' concert setting crossed with sponge bob. As an older gamer, I actually feel like a shouldn't be playing this game anymore sometimes.

That's not the CoD I have always known. I think they are loosing there direction and this doesn't mean that each installment stays the same, it's just the "new features" need to stay with original spirit of CoD.

• 28. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                        zvers

So just because they can't hear swearing and other vulgarities, it's ok to continually blow people's heads off and the mentality of killing is ok but swearing, No?. This doesn't make any sense to me. No wonder kids are killing other kids in schools these days. They shouldn't be living in a bubble but they also shouldn't be exposed to the opposite extreme either. There's no balance.....

Just a thought.

• 29. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
                          xtlc2003

Neither extreme is bad in my oppinion if nutured through it. I am of the thought that vulgarities, acts of rudeness, and disrespect are unacceptable however the extreme violence of the game I can live with. I do however council my kids to relilities that it's ONLY a game and not to be taken seriously. These actions are meant to entertain only. The community however, they are real, not fake, and accepting certain behaviors, that is to me telling my kids that I accept that behavior as okay when I truly believe it's not.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next