12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 11:02 PM by AustinTheJovi RSS

Are LMGS and Shotguns OP?

randomness550

Personally i think most of the LMGS arent OP except for the LSAT. The LSAT has no recoil AT ALL, a crap ton of ammo, and pratically 2-3 hit kills. I think its especially OP with target finder. Now for shotguns i think they are all good except for the Remington. It has a very high fire rate despite being pump action, it has a huge range, and doesnt even need to be aimed in to get that range. Now for the KSG. Alot of people think its OP cuz of its rediculous range and damage. But it is only a single slug which means it has terrible accuracy and is rather difficult to use. Give me your opinions on what you think should be nerfed in the LMG and shotgun division.

• Re: Are LMGS and Shotguns OP?
          amathyx

i wouldn't mind the lsat having a bit more recoil but i don't think anything else really needs to be touched, but it pretty much is a laser beam

i've already noticed the r870 being less strong tbh, i constantly have to shoot people 3-4 times up close even with long barrel. i took a 2 month hiatus so i don't know if there was an official nerf but it definitely feels harder to use than before i left

riksterinto

One change that might help balance LMGs is reducing the chances of getting a headshot when using a target finder.  The target finder seems to hand out many undeserved headshots which makes the 1.2 multiplier LMGs recieve a little unfair at times.  Headshots are about precision, not shooting at a red triangle.The MK48 with a headshot is a 2 shot kill at nearly any range in the game except for maybe across the entire map on Turbine.  The LSAT is 3 shots but it has 100+ RPM more.

Just a thought but really I'd rather they don't make any more "balancing" changes to the game.

I take the Ballista and get a headshot on their headglitch fairly affectively or throw on Ghost and Engineer to flank them with my Scorpion and FMJ.

Target Finder attachment should have it's aim time reduced until it's slower then the DSR as for the LMGs they aren't overpowered they just need slower aim time as well and shotguns I agree with you on the 870 but the KSG needs to have it's aim assist removed.

phxs72

I'm not picking here but I honestly do wonder what a longer aim time on a TF would do.  The folks that I see using them for the most part are standing behind cover ADSing a point.  Once you are scoped in, you are scoped in.  If it takes a little longer to do that then you just adjust for it.  I don't see how such a change would have any real affect on the TFs usefulness.  Respectfully, am I missing something?  Yours certainly isn't the first post that I've seen making this suggestion and it's value just keeps going over my head.

I have just started using the TF more recently for challenges and such, and I don't think it would make much difference. I try to run and gun with the LMG's as much as possible so I might lose a few more gun fights, but the play style is definitely to stop sprinting and ADS well in advance of getting to corners and such. They are so slow at ADS that making them even slower seems silly, if you run into one you better be able to take them out first, and if they are already ADS you better have flanked them or be good with a sniper... The gameplay wouldn't really change.

Izjar11

randomness550 wrote:

Personally i think most of the LMGS arent OP except for the LSAT. The LSAT has no recoil AT ALL, a crap ton of ammo, and pratically 2-3 hit kills.

All LMGs are OP except for the one that has a ton of ammo and kills in 2-3 shots?

randomness550

The hammer has alot of recoil. The first LMG ( dont know what its called ) has a pretty slow RoF. And the other one has alot of recoil and terrible damage.

MK48. was the first lmg I ever got gold my first time around before I reset my stats. It may fire slower than the others, but it makes up for it with accuracy and longevitiy because of the slower fire does not drain your clip as fast when you miss shots.

Izjar11

trialstardragon wrote:

MK48. was the first lmg I ever got gold my first time around before I reset my stats. It may fire slower than the others, but it makes up for it with accuracy and longevitiy because of the slower fire does not drain your clip as fast when you miss shots.

I've been using the MK lately and what you say is true, once the first few rounds go of its near unstoppable with its accuracy. What I truly love of the LMG class, is the rounds (couple with large mags) you can shoot and shoot and the enemy love's the noise of a constant gun firing. You can mow down multiple dudes with it.

No the 870 is not OP, it is not at all. So to point this out again, the firerate of the 870 is only 80 RPM and to let you all know once more, the Stakeout from the first black ops was 92 stock and 109 with the grip, the KSG is slower at 77 but makes up for it by shooting Slugs that don't have the spread effect but have longer range in its place. The main reason that shotguns have an advantage is that Black Ops 2 has too many small maps that cater to short-range weapons, and the bigger maps have so few long-lines of sight that you can't take advantage of long-range guns like the sniper rifles unless they quick-scope or camp.

If you want to fix the problems is to add big maps with more long lines of sight. Also the LSAT is the middle LMG, not very fast, but faster then the slower firing gun (MK48). It is not that long of range, but more then the short range LMG (QBB). It is just the middle of the road LMG.

Here are two videos on the maps

Raging Amish on the maps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXFY83j10Sg

Drift0r on the sniper nurf and why most snipers are quickscoping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPZ8Tl3sp4

Message was edited by: Dmajican

jason00j

Personally in my opinion, none of those areas need to be toned down. If there's one thing that's overpowering in this game it's smg's & pistols!!!

LSAT is 3-5 shots to kill, depending on range.  Headshots can be 3-4.  But that's not the point. (Citation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAe7ArJJx28 .  I just want to avoid plagiarism.)

I don't think any of the LMGs are overpowered, unless used with a Target Finder.  Then it's majorly op.  But without them, I think they are fine.  But that's just me.  I am a LMG lover, so I may have a slight bias.

As for shotguns, I think they are all OP, except for the KSG.  The other ones you can just spam the crap out of the trigger button.  With the KSG, you need dead-on accuracy to get the kill.

So yeah.  That was your question, and here is my two cents worth.  Not like anything will get changed anyways.